• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Networking After a Convention.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricM

Website
itsamystere.tumblr.com
Hi,

So I wanted to share a story and ask for a bit of advice. This year was my second year going to Anime North and I had gotten some email addresses from different panelists. As soon as the convention was over, I had to start an internship for school and halfway through the month, I was hospitalized for problems with my stomach. Needless to say, I couldn't get back to them as quick as I would have liked. But a few days ago I managed to send messages to them. I guess I'm feeling a little down because I haven't heard anything back and am starting to get the feeling that they forgot about me.

One of the panelists was Michelle. She was dressed up as Link and was a panelist for Kingdom Hearts and The Legend of Zelda. Her knowledge of the games were flawless and she was really nice, offering to take a few pop quiz winners for coffee after.

The other one was a panelist for General Gundam and Gundam Unicorn. I don't remember his name, but he made Gundam sound so interesting from the technical side that it made me want to go and build one. :)

So my question is how do you network after a month of being busy? And how do you get over friends you could have made?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
:)x you didn't happen to be the guy who recorded the panel, were you? because I honestly found her knowledge of KH to be horribly lacking and her panel was a bit chaotic. I said as much to her and the recorder but it seems that people can't take criticism well since all of my comments were deleted, but that is neither here nor there and I'm not about to complain 8D)

Um. Well. I've taken ages to network with people after cons and the relationships have been fine and lasting. You don't think about it. If they remembered you and liked you well enough, they won't even care you took awhile to contact them. They also had other things to do so they probably won't take offense to it.

EricM

Website
itsamystere.tumblr.com
I wasn't the guy that recorded the panel. I was the Roxas at the front. I thought she did a good job despite her being the only panelist there. I thought she made it fun and the wheelchair fiasco was hilarious. I guess I'm feeling so upset about it because it was me that took so long to make contact, whereas others probably went back to their hotel that night and started sending messages.

Sidenote: HOLY SHIT! YOU WERE AT THAT PANEL TOO?! THAT'S AWESOME! :D

EricM

Website
itsamystere.tumblr.com
UPDATE! Gundam Guy got back to me! I googled his email and found his deviant art account. I sent him a note, and he confirmed that he got my original message! :D

C'mon Michelle! Check that inbox! :D

Also, thanks for the link to the panel. The wheelchair fiasco will go down as one of the best moments of my con life ever! :D

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I listened for about a minute.

Wut.

Either she is horridly nervous or just can't speak in public. "There is this organization. They make things bigger in KH2. They are organized... there are 13 of these guys... 13 people. All dressed the same, and you know, that is intimidating."

lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I listened for about a minute.

Wut.

Either she is horridly nervous or just can't speak in public. "There is this organization. They make things bigger in KH2. They are organized... there are 13 of these guys... 13 people. All dressed the same, and you know, that is intimidating."

lol

I said that as well. Her response to me before the video owner deleted all of my and their comments was that she has short-term memory problems caused from a mental disability. I don't blame her for that, but that is why she should have had better notes.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In this situation I'd be like "yeah I was that one roxas blahblahblah" try to explain a situation in which they'll remember. Cons are very chaotic and it's easy to forget some faces but once reminded it's like OH YOU YEAH YOU WERE AWESOME and everything's great hahaha. It's a bit difficult but there's always next time, maybe you'll see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back