• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need Help With CoM Cosplay! ^_^

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorwen_ShinRa

I'm going as Vexen to the Los Angeles Anime Convention, and I know it sounds insane... ^^ But I love the sexy git. Anyhoo, does anyone here have a organization coat pattern? Im hoping to make this from scratch, or at least semi scratch. I also need to have this costume done by the last friday in Jan.....
My friend suggested taking a grim reaper costume and altering it, but I would really love if someone has something a little closer to the real thing or ANY suggestions I would gladly also take! X3
I have a grandma who sews really well, but I dont want to put her into near slave labour. Any help is wanted!
Thanks!

Sabrigami

well, I'm in a similar situation (I'm making dolls). The closest real pattern I could find was those coats that the people from the Matrix wear (I was going to use it as the main part of the pattern, make the sleeves more loose and add a hood). I bought the one from Simplicity, but McCalls has one too. Check thier websites in the costumes sections. and if they suit your needs try to buy them from walmart ($4.86 for ALL patterns regardless of type) or at a fabric store because the website charges too much. I hope that helps and good luck!

ansem13

Try finding a goth tranchcoat. They look fairly similar to the Org. cloak. For weapons, like the shield, I usually use layers of cardboard, but you could use fiberglass if you're good with it, although the cardboard is easier and cheaper. The Org. necklace could be made with typical strings and beads.

RikusDarkHalf

Well you have to trust me on this one but go to google and type like organization cloth from kh2 to buy and you should find a website that makes them but its like so much f@#$ money.

Yes I know its not relaiable but I found it like in march when I loved there design but o well just go on google

Lorwen_ShinRa

Indeed! Thanks you guys! I went to the fabric store and just decided on altering a Matrix pattern! Im not sure what Im using for fabric, but either black canvas cloth for the outdoors use or leather, but its a pain in the ass to sew. *sighs*
For the beads, Im going to a craft store or ebaying, we'll see. Gloves are possible online purchases too, and my sister has the boots so I'll just borrow. I found this really long zipper today too....
Thanks, you guys!
Any more tips I will take too!

Graficcha

Could ya post a pic when you're done?
Me and my friend plan on trying making an Order-coat, too, but we don't really know where to start. ^-^'

angelvixenkit

Drifting from anime worlds to game worlds
Well, I hope it turns out okay. If not, there's always next year. My advice: Matrix cloak with grim reaper sleves, use a wig, and make the weapon with carboard or paper mache'.

You do know that Vexen is like 50 years old right? And half fox-spirit/demon? (Come on, his name's Vixen in Japan, he looks a lot younger than he is, and he's smarter that most of the organization members. What about that suggests otherwise?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back