• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Photos >> Come take a gander

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Aino

I'm always nervous when it comes to sharing my photography with others but I would like to know what others think and also maybe find new ways to improve my work.I must say that I hate editing my photos because to me the photo loses it's natural-ness. I enjoy the photo as it was taken. Does that make any sense to anyone? I hope someone understands out there. But anywho, please enjoy.

Shot: My Backyard
3457258251_aed391227d.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3457250041_30a8c4622e.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3458052688_1ce4be1cf4.jpg

Shot: Local Zoo
3441912585_0edc3bb382.jpg

3441912273_e6baf6882b.jpg

Shot: Garden Center
3439791602_af7fc6e58c.jpg

3438978591_23510538ff.jpg

3438977329_62bcf5a428.jpg

3439938268_9c34bc03de.jpg

If you'd like to see a few more of my photos, just click on the flickr link in my siggy. Thank you and please let me know what you think! :)

Last edited:
Awards
I enjoy the photo as it was taken. Does that make any sense to anyone? I hope someone understands out there.

sure does

some interesting shots, but none particularly stand out

i would suggest experimenting with some unusual focal lengths and angles, most of these shots appear to be taken from head-height facing down

although the bird shots are an exception to this, they're pretty great

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
2nd one looks really great, but I definitely agree with Scarecrow, that you should try shooting at different angles.

dr.korytco

You got great ideas, and a true talent, as well as intuition to as what to shoot and what not to.
Your animals are mostly great notice the pride of every animal shot is the details, the instance , the scene. Catching a bird in flight , catching the bird eating , these things make a photo like yours have more deepth to the simple viewer .

The intimate appreciative details , views, angles , framed scenes, that you show are your strongest. Typically complete pictures stand out more, and are more bold, skillful professional . Which is why I don't like the garden central orange bird thingies pond photo..it simply looks like it was shot, as anyone could, nothing was framed, and things were leading you off of the image, a bird head to the side with no body. It's distracting .

Some of your photos are not imitate enough, and provide too broad , un bold of a sense of sensitivity .
Everyone is sensitive , emotional ,some hide it well in many cases art provides a way for them to appreciate there selves, feelings without taking far too much credit for those sensitive , emotional feelings.

Some of your photos lack certain details , instances that provoke an emotive connection of some sort and rather show your story behind the photos, but not the essence, spirit of the photo itself. Which it should show, because no one wants your story they want to feel a liberated freedom, creative vibe of self when they view your photos . They want you to give it to them but they don't want a presence of your narration .

There now that I've BSED I will say that I like some of these fairly well .

Last edited:

granddaddypurps

Amazing photos :] What camera may you be using? Because the pictures are beautiful, and clear and crisp. :]!!! And the angles and perspectives you put it at.! marvelous :] No joke!

Lady Aino

Amazing photos :] What camera may you be using? Because the pictures are beautiful, and clear and crisp. :]!!! And the angles and perspectives you put it at.! marvelous :] No joke!
Believe it or not most of these were taken with my cellphone :p But I normally use a Sony DSC-F828.

Thank you to everyone else who commented and I especially appreciate the advice I've been given. I won't lie, I am new to the photography world and still don't know all the ins and outs. But as I said, with all the advice I've been given, I will be sure to keep it in mind :) Thanks everyone.

Rabello

Damn that Dan. He basically said everything I had to say. First off, these are not bad at all, but some of them are very turist-like. Mostly this means that your angles are keeping the animals very un-emotional.

As a tip from someone who's been around photography for some time, don't focus your focal points in the centre of the pic.
Learn to crop and try to work with the light more (shades, sun...). Not a bad start though.

3438978591_23510538ff.jpg

This has intresting details, but with this perspective it's kinda wasted.

3439938268_9c34bc03de.jpg

I like these flowers, but everything I pointed out are ruining the illusion of you being in the middle of the nature, and in photos illusion is really important. It's not just what you get in to the photo. It's also what you leave out.
(try getting closer to the flower and choose a different angle)

3441912273_e6baf6882b.jpg

...And suddenly, you are not in a zoo...!
(learn to crop)

If you start going in the direction of not manipulating you photos, it means you have to be very good in every other area. This means mastering angles, lighting, lenses and filters. Shit is going to be hard, but it wouldn't be art if it wasn't. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back