• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MY book advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Brave Sora

Hey, I'm makin' a book of my own. (I have written many in Elementary School) And I was wondering what ideas you guys have for it. What I mean, though, is ideas to solve some problems I am having while writing it.
My character has a horse in the beginning. (The horse is like a best friend of my character) And later he has a dragon. What should I do? Keep the horse or do something to him? (Don't forget, he's my character's friend.)

Please reply

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
o-o

I wouldn't worry about what to do with the horse just yet, that'll come to you when you get there. <-<

Do you have a plot yet? Do you have a storyline and characters yet? You should at least have an outline before writing.

Also, here's how I look at writing. When you write, you're intruding. You are figuratively not creating a story and manipulating it, but instead discovering it, intruding upon the world, and following your characters around and recording their story in a much more descriptive and vibrant way with a larger vocabulary. o-o That's why I suggest you figure out plot and characters (that is, the discovery part) before you start intruding/writing. It really helps a little bit more if you don't worry too much about what happens later. Of course, it's good to think ahead, but things sometimes change over time either to you or the story and suddenly, your idea would be better in a later book because well, it never happened to these current characters.

Does that make sense?

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
I am writer as well, so far of only a measly 165 page book. But, through my somewhat small experience, i believe that you should follow the Stoic philosphy whilst writing. A.k.a.: Do what you feel like at the time, take whatever whim you get and use it. That is how it should be. Surprise yourself.

Light121

i live in a house, in a town, in a country
Website
www.xanga.com
well, considering i don't know anything about your story except that it's probably a fantasy (since you have the dragon), you have a dragon, a character, and a horse, i have no idea how we'd tell you what to do with the horse. Like kairigirl said, you probably shouldn't worry about it. Me and my friend are each trying to write a book, so sometimes we colaborate idea's and stuff. Maybe you could find someone to just talk out your ideas to. Even if you doubt that they'll actually help you, trying to express your idea in more detail sometimes helps give you a direction. Or you can do what i'm in the process of doing and make a character web. Plot out your characters, see what makes them tick, find their theme, ect. After your well aquanted with your new friend the character, then figure out what works out good. Remember, it's okay to be mean to your characters, but overtly mean isn't nice either. Basically, kill it if you want, but if you do, don't be to overcliched, or go killing everything with no point. Um... yeah, i guess that's it for now. Good Luck writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back