• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Morrowind fan thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kade

finally someone else on here who like morrowind (TES3)
my fav thing is probally the mods that u can dl cause of the editor (pc version)
the open-ended thing is awsome and of course how long it is ive probally played 500+hours :) but thats starting over three times

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
I must admit, I'm a big fan of Morrowind. I own it for PC, but it won't run. Let's just say, until I can obtain $1, 800, my computer will suck. But, I have played it extensively on XBOX, and it is a truly amazing game. The open endedness? Second to none (As much as I hate to admit it, it even holds that over my favorite RPG of all time, Arcanum). The graphics are amazing as well, which is always a plus. And, especially if you have the two expansions, it's pretty much neverending. I swear, I'm going to buy the Game of the Year edition (the one that comes with the expansions), and you won't see me for about a month.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
I'm a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. =D The scale of the area/places you can visit is amazing- I have even higher expectations for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, coming out later this year for the Xbox 360. @_@

Why? The graphics *_*, the world in Oblivion shall be four times larger than the world in Morrowind (thankfully though, they're making travel much faster, if you wish to cut out a "little" but of exploring or have to get somewhere quickly), there will be far more pieces of armor, weapons, and other items, new/more guilds (one of the new ones you can join is The Dark Brotherhood =D), new gameplay (pretty much- I hear someone from the Thief: Deadly Shadows team is helping with the stealth part of the gameplay, which is an awesome game in the stealth genre).

The gameplay will be different for more reasons than this, but what I find very appealing is you can now choose one (if you wish) of the three combat/gameplay types instead of having to pretty much use all three like in Morrowind (in other words if you choose to be a thief, assassin, etc., you can just use stealth tactics/attacks/etc. instead of having to also use brute strength or magic). Though you still can use just one, two, or all three of those options, I think it will add more to the game for those who just want to be one of those.

kade

yea oblivion is looking like its going to be the best game for like 5years ill probally be playing it for that long too :) ive read like everything possible on that game and its crazy no werewolfs but the vampires are really inprooved if u dont feed on ppl (yes u get to suck blood or so ive heard) then ur face will like diterarate (cant spell) and the quest are like 20x better than morrowind not as many quest as morrowind but bigger landmass and longer quests sneaking, magic have all been really improoved like crazy basically everything is like 15x better than morrowind.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Just wanted to post and say...

Damn you all for this thread? It made me go out and buy Morrowind: Game of the Year edition for XBOX today. I got the one that has the two expansions :D. You all cost me money! And soon you'll be costing me hours of my life that I can't get back!

kade

lol we'll never see that guy again well atleast for lil while

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
^_^ A new morrowind fan. Of course, the graphics and stuff are outdated, but that game was ahead of its time- all RPGs should be similar to that- at least RPGs that stress open-ended exploration, etc.

The clan i'm goin to join in Oblivion is The Dark Brotherhood, which is an outlawed clan of assassins. =P I'll probably also join the Thieves Guild, and I hope there are more "assassin-like" armor and clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back