• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Missing, Returned, and Running (KH Fic.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
Missing, Returned, and Running
It had been a year since Sora and Riku have returned home. How did their family and other friends react when they came back after a year of being missing? How do they feel about the two teens now? Implied Shonen-ai
“Speaking”
Thinking’
(‘ “) emphasized words ( ” ’)
(“) Sarcastic words (”)
“Quotes”
I am choosing to ignore the end part where they get the letter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: Second Week
(Third POV)
Over the years some bonds become stronger, while others become weaker.”
It was a bright sunny day on Destiny Islands as a brunette teen was running down a dirt road with a piece of toast in his mouth. He was wearing a black boy’s uniform with his jacket open. In his left hand he swung a dark brown backpack, be brought both hands up to his face and pulled back the sleeve on the right arm to gaze at a watch with a mouse symbol on it.
“Crap!” he said with a mouth full of toast. He put on a burst of speed and ran past cars that were pulling out into the street as he broke into the main part of the city.
In the distance a school bell rang only causing the blue eyed boy to run faster. When he finally reached the gates a teacher was standing there tapping her foot. “Hikari-kun, I believe that you have been home long enough to know when school starts.” She said as she tucked some of her black hair behind her ear.
“Yes m’am.” said the brunette as he had finished eating his food and was now trying to catch his breath.
“Let’s go.” The woman said as she began to walk toward the school.
“Yes m’am.” The boy said as he followed her quickly.
In the school they did not enter a classroom but rather an office with the label principle on the glass in big, black, and bold letters. “Sit Hikari-san.” She said to the boy indicating a chair. The teen sat down with a nervous look around the room at all of the teaching certifications and college degrees. Medals, pictures of important people, and one of a certain red head, decorated the wall making the office look very official. “Hikari-san, because you happen to be a good friend of Umiko-chan I have been letting you off of quite a bit; same with Kurai-san, but you being late for the last few days is becoming something I cannot over look. You understand this?”
“Yes m’am.” the teen said with a grim look.
“You will be assigned lunch dentition with Reno-sensei.” The principal said as she too out a sheet of paper and began to write on it. “I know that before you went missing that you finished your P.E. years so you may not know Reno-sensei for he joined last year. The likelihood of him making you run for the entire time you are there is high as well. You should not have a problem with that.” She said with a hint of irony in his voice. “Here you are, now report to class.”
“Yes m’am.” The teen said as he took the paper she had handed to him and left. He walked down the hall with a look closer to relieved then worried. “Not as bad as thought I would get.” He said to himself as he pushed a door open and entered a classroom filled with students.
“Five bucks.” A blonde from the back of the room said to another teen with bright orange hair.
“Damn.” The orange haired teen said as he put five dollars in the blonde’s hand.
“Now you’re betting if I’ll show up within ten minutes and five, right?” the brunette asked as he walked over to the two and sat down.
“Naturally.” The blonde said. “Come on Sora, I got to get cash from another source until Friday.”
“So you’re going to be getting it from me huh?” the orange haired teen asked. “You’re low Tidus!”
“Sorry Wakka,” Tidus said as he smiled with a cheesy grin,” but you know I think of you as my best friend, right?”
“Sure.” Wakka said as he waved his hand around in the air. “You’re just a little cheep skate.”
“Guilty.” Tidus said with his hand held in front of him as if he were in court. “So Sora, why are you late today?”
“My clock didn’t go off.” Sora said as he pulled out a planner and wrote down some Geometry homework. “So my dad woke up and pulled me out of bed.”
“Pulled you out of bed or threw you in a coldwater tub?” Tidus asked with a hint of laughter.
“I think I recall it as the ladder.” Sora said with the same tone of voice. “So what did Riku and Kairi think happened?”
“We don’t know we didn’t see them today.” Tidus said looking at Wakka with a shrug.
“I wonder where they are.” Sora said with a thoughtful look. “Oh well, I’ll see them at passing. What did you guys do during the summer?”
“We played a lot of Blitzball.” Tidus said.
“Ya.” Wakka said as he looked at the teacher walking over.
“Hikari-san…” he said with an oily voice. “I’m pleased to see you could make it, how are you this morning?”
Ecstatic.” Sora said with a smiled but his eyes told the story that he was bored to death just being at school.
“We’ll see about that, you’ll have an extra assignment tonight, add the first three quizzes and the even numbers to yours.” The teacher said.
“That’s not fair!” Sora said with a shocked look.
“Letting you do the same work as everyone else that shows up on time is not fair Hikari-san. I’ll expect to see it on my deck tomorrow morning.” The teacher said then left, his slicked back hair reflecting light and the smell of cheep cologne lingering.
“This bites.” Sora said with a low voice not wanting to earn more work. “We’ve only been in school for a week.” He said as he puffed up his cheeks in annoyance.
“You can always get Riku and Kairi to help you can’t you?” Tidus asked as he looked at the blue eyed teen.
“Yah…but I don’t want to keep asking them for help, Riku has enough problems with his parents, and I guess I can ask Kairi.” Sora said as he looked at the work he had been assigned from his book, he let out a sigh as he looked at the complex proofs he had to solve. “This is not my day.” Sora said as he shut the book and put his head down.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Another hour later the bell rang and Sora left Wakka and Tidus to see if he could find Riku and Kairi. He spotted the red headed girl but she did not look too happy.
“Hey Kairi, what’s going on, and where is Riku?” Sora asked as he walked up to her.
“I don’t know.” She said looking at Sora,” I just hope his parents are okay with him. How are your mom and dad doing?”
“Alright I guess they’re still a little weird around me.” Sora said scratching his cheek. “Why don’t you and I go look for Riku?”
“Okay,” Kairi said with a nod,” if he came to school.”
The two began to walk about in search of their silver haired friend. When the bell rang for second Sora looked at Kairi. “I’ve got the next class with Riku, if he’s here I’ll find him there, see you next passing.”
“Okay.” Kairi said with a nod and began to make her way to her class.
-------------------------------------------​

Cutting into smaller pieces. Like I was told. ^^;;

Last edited:
D

Desert Jesus

lol, you did the same as I. Cut it up into smaller secs, k? People won't read it like this, trust me. :p You don't want your work to go to waiste ;)

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
The rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
“Riku, where have you been?” Sora asked as he sat next to the teen he had found sitting at a desk with his head down and a hood over his head.
“Don’t look at me.” Riku said burying his head farther in his arms.
“Not this again.” Sora said as he rolled his eyes. “Let me see…” the brunette said as he tried to think of a way to say his thoughts. “Ah! Riku no matter how much you think the darkness is coming back for you it won’t.” Sora said with a playful seriousness.
“Shut up.” Riku said not taking it as a joke. “I’m not kidding.”
“Like hell you are.” Sora said expressing the freedom of cursing.
“Don’t curse.” Riku said with his face still hidden.
“Make me.” Sora said with a triumphant smirk.
“You suck at cursing.” Riku said as he shifted a bit.
“Ahh, come on Riku, it can’t be that bad.” Sora said poking the older teens arm.
“Knock it off!” Riku shouted as he picked his head up and glared at Sora. He had meant to make the shorter brunette jump with shock but seconds after he had shown his face Sora began laughing, gripping the table so he would not fall out of his seat. “It’s not funny!” Riku said as he pulled the hood down father.
“Yes it is!” Sora said between laughs as he pointed at Riku. “Your hair is a mess.”
“My hair is still neater then yours!” Riku said as he let the hood fall revealing poofy sliver hair that was pointing out at odd angles.
“I make my hair like this Riku.” Sora said as he tried to breath. “Please put the hood back on your killing me!” he said as he hit his head on the desk and gripped his stomach.
“I’m going to hurt you!” Riku said as he messed his hair more and made Sora look at him. The brunette began laughing so hard that his laughs could no longer be heard. “Feel the pain of your laughing Sora.” Riku said as he made funny faces causing the brunette to laugh more and more already weak from the hair.
“Kurai-san, Hikari-san, will you stop that incessant sound?” the teacher said from the front.
“Sorry.” Riku said slapping a hand over Sora’s mouth and stifling his laughter.
After many more minutes of laughing Sora was finally able to calm down and pay attention to the History lecture. As he listened he began to think of something that would never be in history books here; him and his saving of the worlds. No one remembered that the world had been destroyed; they had all thought that Sora and Riku ran away then came back.
He wondered vaguely how Donald and Goofy were doing about now, he also wondered if he would ever need to use the Keyblade again. He drove him nuts that it had been a year and he had not heard from his friends on the other worlds.
“Hikari-san!” the teacher shouted from the front. “Pay attention or you will be serving dentition after school!”
“Sorry!” Sora said as he shook his head and looked at his book.
“There you freak.” Sora said as he got Riku’s hair wet with a bottled water he had bought. “Happy?”
“I need to find Kairi now.” Riku said as they walked down the hall with water dripping from the tips of his hair. “I need to borrow a brush.”
“I’ve got a comb in my locker.” Sora said. “Unless it has to be a brush you can borrow my comb.”
“I’ll take the comb.” He said as they got to a place where there was no one else walking so he shook his head roughly trying to get some of the water out. “Last time I shower before bed. I’ll just stick to in the morning.”
“You’re getting me wet!” Sora said as the water splashed from Riku’s hair to all over him. “Last time I dump water on your head and am next to you after it. I’ll stick to avoiding you.” He said as he began to open his locker. “Marabi-sensei gave me a crap load of homework to do, and I have lunch dentition with Reno-sensei. So I’ll be running all lunch.”
“Poor Sora, I feel for you man.” Riku said as he looked around inside the locker for the comb Sora had. When he spotted it he grabbed it and began to comb his hair out.
“Honestly, not to sound like a jerk but I saved all of these people and look at me now. I’m really sick of being pushed around. Then my parents aren’t very loving right now either.” Sora said listing off things going wrong with his life since he got home.
“The parent thing I can relate to.” Riku said pulling out any hair that might have gotten stuck in the comb and walking to toss it in the trash. He then tossed Sora his comb as Riku pulled out a white hair tie and pulled it back into the bind. “I really wonder why everyone thought we ran away from home though, it doesn’t make any sense.” He said taking a pondering stance.
“Who knows?” Sora said with a shrug as he put his History and Geometry book away and took out his Biology and English book. “It makes me a little mad that they would think we ran away. You were walking around trying to figure out how to wake me up and I was recovering my memories for a year. What can we do about that? Nothing I tell you.”
“I know how you feel.” Riku said as he waited for Sora. “But you can’t change what people think. The only thing we can do is to keep on living our lives waiting for this all to blow over.”
“True but I’m sick and tired of hearing about it.” Sora said as he walked over to Riku and they began to walk toward Biology. “We fall behind a year and spend all summer making up for it. On top of all the ridicule we get from everyone. At least some people don’t ask about it so damn much.”
“What did I say about you and cursing?” Riku asked as he knocked on the back of Sora’s head.
“Not to do it because I’m not good at it, but really Riku, who can be good at cursing?” Sora asked as they walked into the class.
“My dad is good at it.” Riku said as they sat down next to Tidus and Wakka. “I swear, I walk in the door the first day we’re back and he starts going off on how much damn homework I would have to do and how much shit I put him through while I was missing.”
“You’re making fun of me.” Sora said as he realized that Riku expressed he cruse words.
“Just a bit.” Riku said with a grin.
“Hey,” Tidus said as he caught their attention,” it’s been bugging me for a while now but is Kairi going crazy or something?”
“What are you talking about?” Sora asked wondering what the blonde meant.
“Well she was talking to herself last period.” Tidus said as he looked around for the teacher but did not see him.
“Maybe she was just trying to figure a problem out.” Riku said knowing full well Kairi was talking with Naminé.
“I don’t think so.” Tidus said. “Well if you guys don’t think she’s going nuts maybe she’s just a little off today.”
“Maybe.” Sora said as he looked at Riku a little worried.
“Kairi!” Sora called as he and Riku walked to English.
“Riku you did come today.” Kairi said with relief. “I was worried that something happened.”
“So that’s why you were talking with Naminé right?” Riku asked causing her to gasp. “Tidus heard you talking out loud.”
“Oh,” Kairi sounded as she looked around,” I had no idea I was speaking out loud.”
“Better make sure you watch out next time.” Sora said as he thought about how stupid he would feel if he did not practice what he preached. ‘If I talk with Roxas I better watch my mouth…or make sure no one is around.’ Sora thought.
Want to practice it Sora?’ Roxas asked as he intruded on Sora’s thoughts.
No.’ Sora said to him in his mind as he walked into class behind Kairi.
You just did.’ Roxas said smartly, Sora could just hear the smirk on his face.
Well I don’t want to anymore.’ Sora thought as he sat down between Kairi and Riku. ‘Besides I need to pay attention, I barely understand anything this teacher is talking about as it is, because of his accent, but with you in my head it’ll just get worse.’ Sora said to Roxas as he looked at the board and took out paper to write down notes for it.
Alright I can take a hint.’ Roxas said before he stopped talking.
“Sora!” Riku said loudly in his ear. “What is wrong with you?”
“Huh, oh! I was talking with Roxas.” Sora said with a cheesy grin.
“Okay, so Kairi talks out loud and you space out, nice.” Riku said as he kicked back. “It’s a student teacher genius, those are the same notes on the board from Friday, thought I should save you some paper.”
“What?” Sora looked at the board and read the words. They registered as he had read and studied them already and he sighed as he looked at the paper he had already written with pen on.
“Hello class.” The student teacher said trying to gain attention but not getting any. So Riku stood up and walked to the front of the class. He stood in front of the student teacher and whistled loudly getting the room to silence. “Thank you.” She said. Riku nodded his head and went to sit back down next to Sora.
“Well that wasn’t hard, people are just plain rude though.” Riku said as he looked around at people staring at him. “You know Sora I think you may be right.”
“About what?” Sora asked as he looked at Riku with a confused look.
“If these people knew what we’ve done they just might look at us with a different and maybe more respectable view.” Riku said as he flipped off one person that was staring too long for the silver haired teens liking.
“Riku!” Kairi said loudly as she looked at the two boys. “Sora and you really shouldn’t say things like that. It’s out of character and it’s not right. It almost sounds like you want them all to think of you guys as kings or something.”
“Nah,” Sora said as he began to scribble stupid drawings on his paper,” who wants to be a king? Not me…last time I tired that I had a baboon tell me I wasn’t good enough to be one.” He said with an annoyed look.
“A baboon?” Riku said as he raised an eye brow. “I don’t even want to know what happened.”
I hope I did alright on this. Please give me some feed back and tell me if I messed up anything. Constructive criticism please. Thank you.

[/FONT]
Jyaa Na
Kaiku-kun​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back