• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mirror's Edge: Runners at War|Signups & OOC|

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Warning: spoilers about the end of the game are in this roleplay!

Mirror's Edge
Runners at War

Faith. Some admire her running abilities, some blame her for Merc’s death and some were even former friends with her before she went into hiding. However people feel about her, you can’t deny that she left us runners in a hell of a mess.

The blues are coming in by the truck load, staying on the roofs, trying to beat us at our own game by death from above.
Project Icarus is getting worse; more runners are leaving to join them day by day with the promise of safety in exchange for taking us out. Runners are dying from being too inexperienced or being shot to death before they even have a chance of getting the runner bags to their locations.

The once thriving network that we were, out of sight, out of mind is falling apart as more leave for Project Icarus or die from a fall they miscalculated.

Not all hope is lost, a runner who knew Merc when he still ran on the edge has stepped up to keep the few of us left in order.
We still do our jobs even with the possibility of dying because for most of us, running is the only thing we have left.

Rules of running

• Weapons will slow you down, I don’t want to see anyone running and jumping around with a machine gun at the pace of a cheetah.
  • Runners who go missing for long periods of time without response or a reason as to why they are gone will be fired.
  • If you keep running in a straight line when there are obstacles, you will die from gunfire. So in other words, make up an obstacle instead of just going forever running in a straight line, the game would be alot more boring if it was just that.
  • You are not superhuman, you can't climb over an electric/barbwire fence without hurting yourself. This rule is also known as no PPing or GMing.
  • Don't randomly change the time of day or what the weather is.
  • So in other words, if it's not in the game, you can't do it. (So no "I TRIPPLE VAULTED EIGHT FENCES AND WALL RUNNED TO THE OTHER SIDE LOL etc.)
  • You can have the maximum of TWO characters.
  • Please be as literate as you can, as in try to use correct grammar and spelling.
Template

Name: The most basic of basic, your runner (or enemy runners) name.
Age: The age of your runner should be somewhere from eighteen to twenty eight, I don't want to see any seven or fifty year old runners.
Runner, Pursuit Cop or Civilian?: Pursuit Cops are also known as enemy runners and you can also play a civilian if you have a way of fitting them in (Working at PK, etc.).
Appearence: The appearence of your character. A note I should add is that all runners (This doesn't apply to enemy runners or civilians.) must have an article of clothing or something on them that is red.
Biography: Why your character is a Runner/Pursuit Cop should know about their past.
Sample post: So I can get a feel of how your writing is so I know if I should accept you or not~

Characters
List of characters from the original game who are open to be taken.
Faith
Kate
Celeste
Kreeg

That should be it! I'm going to be the new Merc figure (For the reason of assigning jobs of delivering and who to see etc.) so feel free to come join!

Last edited:

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Name: Athena. Her real name is unknown to this day, all records of her identity were burned or shreded.

Runner, Pursuit Cop or Civilian?: Former runner who is currently the guide for the new runners who assigns jobs, finds quick getaways for those in trouble and specializes in keeping them alive.

Appearence: Athena has black hair that's normally in a loose bun and brown eyes which have mascara on the lashes as a way of still being feminine while running a secret network of illegal runners. Athena has grown very pale due to the fact that she stays inside mostly because she has to have use of the computer in case she needs to pull up something for the runners or not get arrested/shot to death by cops.
She normally wears an old blank red t-shirt with a black vest over it with a pair of dark blue jeans that she wears with the ensamble.

Biography: Very little is currrently known about Athena's past, the most people can get out of her is her days as a runner.
People who remember her days running on the edge say that she had been a runner for many years vanished without a trace during a job that was givin to her to go sneak into the PK offices and grab a file that was to be ran to an anonymous person.
The runners spent months trying to find her or any information about who had wanted the files but they couldn't find a single lead as to where she might be.
Years later, she showed up after Merc's death, saying that she wanted to take over and that she was an old friend of his from when they ran together.
Now, Athena is currently running the runner operation although people are still suspicous of her connections with Mercury and why she won't talk about where she went when she disapeared.

Sample post:
"Sarah, take a left towards the office and Calli should be able to take it from there."
Athena spoke into the radio, giving a new runner directions as she usually did.
She had been sitting in the same chair all day, reading off directions, detecting blues and trying to keep runners safe. But the streets had been alot more dangerous lately since the Faith incident and more PCs had been following the runners and trying to kill them, although runners knew the edge better than them, they still had guns.

"Sarah? Did you give it to Calli yet?" No response. No noises. This was exactly like last time when they cornered another runner and killed him.
"Sarah! Come on! Are you there?"
Nothing. It's always nothing when something bad happens.
"Sarah. Please don't be dead." She mumbled as she prayed that another life wouldn't be lost, starting to cry.
"Athena? Why do you sound like your crying? I got the bag there."
"Oh! Nothing. Just happy you're there. Come on back."

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Template

Name:
Merek
[Presumed to Be 20's]
Runner, Pursuit Cop or Civilian?:
Runner
Appearence:
brinkcharacter.jpg

Biography:
Merek was born into a life with a middle-class family. Other than that, the rest of his life is a mystery, other than he ran away from an orphanage when he was four. Leaving an older sister behind.
Sample post:
Will Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back