• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Memoirs of a Gaisha

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Yes, it would probably make in into my top 50 books if I were to make a list. The only slightly annoying thing was finding out that none of it was true. Oh well, and it's Geisha by the way.

moridin

Is this a really good book? I've heard a lot of different things about it and am wondering if I should read it or not. I had a couple of freinds read it and they said it was pretty good, but I'm still not sure if I should give it a try.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Damn,this book haunts my school & I want to read it SO bad!!! Half of the movies I watch are based on a book & no1 tells me until NOW!!!

My friends read it,my teachers....adults,basically every1 else & I also wanna see the movie. My friend is readin it right now & she tells me it's REALLY good.

Tiger King

Yeah the movie was soo godd, and I'm reading the book now, not as good as the movie, but it gives a onger storyline. Memoirs of a Geisha is based on true events, but I don't think the actual story is real.

insanehikari

Website
memorybeyond.phpnet.us
Really really really really liked the book~<3 But, have yet to see the movie.

I didn't realize it wasn't really real until the end, so the whole time I'm thinking "damn, this girl went through a LOT. She's really freaking awesome!"

And then I read the last page and go... "Well CRAP I feel stupid."
The intro was written as though it were real. Like how he was saying he listens to the tapes and sometimes couldn't believe Chiyo/Sayuri wasn't around anymore.

So.. uh. No I am not posting in a dead topic, what gives you that idea. >_>

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
The book is really good but the movie isnt as good. So much of it has been cut off and it really annoyed me, but thats just the way movies are. The ending was too make believe though, I mean it was soo fairytale like. How is it that everything all works out just like that? Life isnt made this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back