• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Melee Battle ~ Open Challenge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

vash_the_stamped

Website
www.z3.invisionfree.com
Just thought i'd start a melee battle to test out this new character i made, so here goes:​

Name: Rikken Alexander Lyna​

Appearance: Rikken is slightly taller then average, standing a few centimetres above most. He is thin, and well-muscled, and it's obvious he works to maintain his physical fitness. Unlike most alchemists, who rely solely on their vaunted powers to protect them, Rikken sees the value in maintaining his health and physical condition. His hair is light-brown, pulled back by a dark metal band, and knotted into a long ponytail on the right-hand side, falling to his knees. The end of this is dyed a deep blue. He wears a black shirt of a light, thin material, long-sleeved, and held in place along the arms by a number of belts. Around his neck and shoulders, a brace extends across his upper back, acting as both shoulder and throat protection, a pliable, padded chainmail, over twin metal plates laid on the shoulders, and covered in a case of leather. He wears black cloth gloves, but the two middle fingers, and thumb, are both cut short, whilst the glove completly covers the remaining fingers. A low-slung belt hands loosly from his waist, a number of padded pockets hanging from it, in addition to a long, thin knife, notched, and obviously meant more for self-defence rather then attack. He wears short leg guards along his hips, and a short chainmail skirt covers the top of them. A pair of steel-capped black boots cover his feet, extending to just below his knees. In the left boot, a small knife is concealed, which can be retrieved with a flick of his toe.​

A number of odd, misshapen tribal tattoos adorn his body, spiky, thin designs, inked into his being in a deep black. His skin seems oddly pale, except for around his eyes, where it's strangely creased.​

Personality: Unlike most, Rikken does not view the world in the black-and-white terms of 'good' and 'evil': He sees it from a personal viewpoint, one of benefit. What will be of benefit to him, what will assist others, and what can he gain from assisting it to assist others. He has few morals or ethics, regarding them as the trappings of a mind that cannot define itself outside of the narrow perimeters set for it. Anything he does, anything he says, while it may give the impression of compassion, or feeling, it will, inevitably, serve a greater benefit to himself. Despite this, however, there are moments when he lets his emotions get the better of him...Arrogance, for example, he knows to be one of his greatest weaknesses.
In the end, he is neither good, nor evil, nor neutral...he serves himself, and whatever might aid him or his goals, despite what others might classify him or his goals as.​

History:​

~Early Life~
He attendended church, played with the other kids and helped his father create weapons as the blacksmith's son when he was a young boy his family lived on the small income that the father gained from repairing weapons and the like his parents, were quite happy together even though they were stuggling to make ends meet. as a young child he started to help his father out with his business, his parents were to poor for him to be able to receive an education. he had few friends because he kept to himself mostly, and viewed other children as a waste of his time and effort.​

~Teen Years~
he followed in his father's footsteps and took over his father's business when he was 14 because his father passed away. while working with his father his father seemed to be drawing strange markings on the weapons he was forging, "what are you doing father?" he asked,
"Strengthing the weapon son," he replied "here," he placed his sons hands over the markings, the sword glowed bright green and stopped as suddenly as it had started. before his father passed away he started to understand the compositions of metals and thier properties, this of course helped him emesely when his father died and soon he became the talk of the small village in which he lived, he wondered around handing out swords to the townsfolk for them to be able to defend themselves. Shortly after this a bandit Clan came to raid the village and thanks to him they were able to drive them off, and celebrations occurred.​

~The Old Man Cometh~
While working in the workshop, he noticed a man in his late 40's seeming to be in a bit of trouble breathing, he left his work to help the man to a seat inside his workplace that was cluttered with numerous tools for making swords and other items to be made with metal, it was particularly cold day and the fernus was burning nice and warm he loved his job here working in the blacksmith, the people where always so kind to him. . While he was working the man seemed to have taken a keen interest to what he was doing, the man's eyes widened he smiled and said, "I see your using Alchemy there," Rikken looked at the man as though he was crazy
"What are you talking about old man, i've been making swords like this for years and i've never heard that word mentioned before,"​

"That's because you've seen an alchemist before, i think you have potential my young friend," said the man standing up,​

As the blacksmith opened his mouth to answer, the elder man suddenly fell to the floor, coughing forth a fit of blood. Helping him to a bed, our hero lay down to await his awakening...and an explanation.​

Several years later

The elder man, an alchemist of great repute, it would seem, had a terminal illness. He could not heal himself, and was scared to go to the temple for healing, because of what he was. Seeking a way to pass on his legacy, the alchemist trained our enigmantic hero in his ways, building on his already natural understanding of it's relationship with metal and smithing.​

"And now that i have taught you all i know, it is time for me to pass to on to the next world,i hope that what i have taught you will help if you meet someone named Wyn Xed tell him your my stand in --," The old man's hand fell limb onto his now lifeless body.​

~The Old Man's Story~

Dertronomis Jiden used to be one of the Philosophers Alchemists trained by one of the alchemists in the faction that he belonged to because he showed potential, but when he was found out by the Judges, he had to flee to another city, and there he lay in hiding, for twenty years.​

Items:​

Alchemist's Glove​

Description: this glove has etched into it a basic transmutation circle capable of powering alchemic reactions when the wearer claps his/her hands and completes the flow of energy within his/her body.​

Book of Minerals :​

Description: A rather large book that's roughly two square feet and five inches thick. This book includes chemical compounds of various minerals from around the world and their elemental makeup. It also includes example combinations using transmutation and complex breakdowns of rare and common metals. It's heavy and wrapped with leather so it can survive long journeys. A metal buckle secures the pages so they won't get dirty if it's accidentally dropped.​

Skills:​

Deception: By using the alchemic circles inscribed on his back and chest he can turn his body into a solid plate of sturdy armour, thus protecting him from harm.​

Dissaray: The blade on his waist serves other perposes other than that of defence allowing him to form any metal based weapon he desires eg: shields,swords,knives and the like. The circles on his arm controls this function.​

Confusion: In addition to dissaray the weapon can also switch ends of the hilt to change weapon strike pattern Eg, using a downward stabbing action on another character that then rolls out of the way only to have the blade switch ends and be brought though into a sword slash.​

Mimic Daravon: Rikken uses slight impulses in his speech to alter people's perceptions of the world around them. Rikken is a skilled orator, but is also aware of the other suggestive powers his words carry with them. He can use this knowledge and that of the flow of the world to cause a drowsiness to befall those listening to him speak. The greater the emphasis put on the words the greater effect it will have, and can even put some to sleep.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules:​

1. No God Modding or Power Playing
2. i don't care if you swear.... Just don't make it a habit.​

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Haven't done this in a long time so...

Name: Roy

Race: Unknown

Appearance: Roy stands at 5'9 and 170 pounds. Roy wears a black hoodie with a picture of a skull on the back. Under the hoodie is a plain, white tanktop. He wears dark, baggy bluejeans with pockets all over them.

Battle Attire: While fighting, Roy wearsa long-sleeve white shirt with fingerless gloves. At the wrist part of the shirt are holes where roy pts his thumbs through (emo style). Over the white shirt is a metal plated vest. Roy's shorts have three small pockets on his waist for special uses. On his shins are well, shin-guards. Roy wears a special kind of shoe that allows his to walk on all sufaces and vetically.

Personality: Roy can sometimes, well always, be cocky with some ignorance. If a battle is not going his way, he'll think of some effective strategy to counter and hopefully defeat them. Roy likes to be away from the crowd, and when he is he clears his mind of all the possibilities of what he could be doing besides being alone.

Quote: "If I told you that I would have to kill you. heh heh."

Weapon: Base
Roy's sword, Base, is about 5 1/2 feet long and about wide as a hand. The blade is made up of a pure diamond that can light up the night. Roy can swing the sword as fast as a light-weight blade from previous training. Every year the sword obsorbs the energy particles in the air. Whenever the user is willing, he can relese the the energy in one enormus blast.

Weapon Abilities:

-Basic Front: While in the air, Roy obsorbs the sprit particles around him. If he obsorbs enough energy he can increase his aireal attacks 5x his normal power. While in this state he cannot step on the ground.

-Counter: If an enemy engages in melee combat, any attacks that the use will be deflected and be wide open for an attack.

-Energy Wind Tunnel: Roy manipulates the air into a giant tornado. While in the tunnel Roy can easily take flight and have control over it. (remember this is a tornado...it spins fast.)

-Base Release: The user of the blade releases the energy inside the blade into a vertical or horizontal slash. If not unleashed correctly the user will most likely lose a large amout of blood.

-Blood/Energy Obsorb: If Base doesen't have a selective amout of energy it will obsorb the amount needed from the wielder.

Natural Abilities:

-Geomancy: Roy focuses his energy on his sourroundings and attacks based on the elemental status of the objects. He manipulates his sorroundings to either, attack, protect himself or add status aliments to his opponents. The attacks can be as tall as a skyscraper or small as a mouse.

-Speed warp: Roy icreases his speed tenfold to move as fast as lightning. (Uses for travel and battle)

-Killing Spree: If Roy loses a certain amout of blood, he loses all human instict and attacks all beings in sight. The spree only lasts for five minutes.

History: Seven years ago Roy lost both his parents in a 100-year-old war. After their death, Roy had taken up fighting to protect himself. Two years later, the war was over. Resouces were given back to his land. The land seemed to be at its prime before all hell broke loose. The start of another war had begun. The land was bombed and people of all kinds were killed. Finally, a giant wave of energy exploded, killing overyone in a ten mile radius. This was the power of the Blade off Glory, Base.

Roy turned around to see that everything was flat and in ruins. Walking toward him was the leader of the opposing group. Roy started to run but was cut off by three giant goblins. The leader was now facing him about three feet away. Roy dropped to his knees as the leaders energy was overwhelming.

To this day no one knows how Roy escaped the grasp of such a powerful being. Also with escaping he has the leaders blade. Roy has been asked questions about how he obtained the sword. Most of the time Roy makes up some extremely exaggerated story. The truth is that the real story will bring him to his knees.

Short History...

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
You can go ahead and take this one AoD. Some problems have suddenly come up and I won't be active all this week and next week...Sorry Vash D:

Angel Of Death

Ok, give me till tonite vash to get my bio up. I just forgot i didnt have a melee based figther.

vash_the_stamped

Website
www.z3.invisionfree.com
Fair enough.....I'll start the first post while you do that then......

IC:
Rikken entered rounded the courner of one of the many delapidated city's he had once fought in. This one was one of his fondest. It was against Arma. The man had been somewhat of a mystery to Rikken, but he had offered a great chance to learn from him.

He put his hand on the great book that lay tied to his left side and the other he put on his hip flask that was full of water, he pulled it off his waist and proceeded to take a mouthful of water from it. He placed it back into it's pocket. He proceeded to pull the small dagger out and examine it carefully as though looking for any out of place cracks or splits in the blade.

After this, he untied the book from his waist and proceeded to read it throughly looking for anything that might help him in battles to come. He gazed around at his surroundings, once in a while hearing a small voice from one of the birds. He walked over to a tree that was in the middle of the square and he extended his hand and the bird flew and landed onto his hand. It sat there quite content that it had found a friend. "At least you have a friend in me little one," he said to the bird. The little bird looked straight at him with it's little yellow eyes and made a small little tweet.

He laughed to himself quietly and placed the bird back into the tree. "There you go little one," it flew up into the tree and out of sight. He sighed to himself and rested his gloved hand in his right pocket, thinking of what just might be awaiting him.....

Angel Of Death

//Name - Xero Rain
//Age - 21
//Gender - Male
//Race - Human

//Clan - Xenocide
//Rank - Leader

//Weapons - Anubis
GG-Cerberus.jpg

Xero has an unlimited amount of ammo with these, and never has to reload.

//Fighting Style - Tae Know Do

//Appearance -
Shades_of_Dark.jpg
(Without the wing)

//Personality - Xero is a quiet person, and very shy around almost everyone, but has a tendency to fight anyone he can. He sometimes warms up to people he trusts, but is still quite withdrawn to them in certain ways.

//History - ( Do Later)

//Theme Song - F***ing Determined - Mudvayne
//Battle Song - Happy? - Mudvayne

//Quote - "All Good Things Always Come To A End!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back