• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

matching words...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel_of_heaven

Website
www.mickypicky.com
Hey you know how in kingdom hearts 2, they speak in japanese, and their mouths match the words an all that...do you think they'll change the mouth movement to match the english words?...

I was just wondering cause they didn't change it in FFX-2 and it was kinda frustrating and confusing for me... they were saying one thing and their mouths were moving to differemt words...wat do u guys think?:eek:

got_kh2?

i doubt it, since they'd have to change almost all the cutscenes. besides, it doesn't match all the time, even when it's in japanese.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I seriously hope not. Do you realize that would take Square an additional two years to do that plus an extra one and half years to announce that they are changing the mouth movements.

mirasaki

The japanese version only lip-synced during a close-up, where the emphasis would be placed on the eyes,which are always modified to look more appealing during close-ups, and the mouth. It's kinda the same with the hair bouncing/swaying thing; only on the close-ups. However, when in profile position, you just see them speaking to a mouth that constantly looks as if it's garbling some weird gibberish nonstop--as if they programmed the mouth to move 3-4 times a second. Like what cartoonists did with really crappy cartoons where the characters had only one position there mouth would always be in whenever they talked.

onyxrhapsody87

I thought in the first one they did a good job matching up the lips on the english version... And NO it wouldn't take an additional two years to do something like that... BUT if it will delay the US release then no... I wouldn't really care if they didn't change the closeups...

onyxrhapsody87

Yeah... I want them to... but if it's the only thing were waiting for... then I wouldn't care that much...

sillypieman

I think they did a pretty good job in KH as well. I really hope they do though...although I almost would sacrifice that if I could have the game now...whoa I thought that would be an easy choice but I honestly don't know...

Light Aura

It won't matter that much to me. As long as it is pretty close I won't really care.

Light Aura

The other side said:
I agree with you AL. As long as we play it right?

Yeah. The lip movement should be the last thing to worry about. As long as the gameplay and story is good then the lip movement shouldn't really matter that much.

blidus

nah.. it doesen't matter, SE should just focus on the stuffs that will be added in the us version like more optional boss!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back