• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mainstream Anime?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
Translation:

I watch licensed animé that isn't re-run regularly on Adult Swim so I am cool. Japan is different from America. ANIMÉ ABOUT RUBBER PIRATES IS NOT 4 KIDS.
Wow... you should write a book because that translation from ignorant kid to basic english is pretty good, haven't seen many better interpeters in a long time so having Mune around will make conversations on this forum a lot better.

Whats it matter what nerds talk about online? its good stuff regardless of how many people discuss it
So as long as a few people think its good it makes it good even if thousands of people claim its crap and discuss it for hours? And Nerds are people too and most of the time their understanding of the world and the things they see are much more valuable than kids or ignorant fools opinions. Just because its stated on the internet doesn't mean that their isn't important, it just is a little less because of the surplus of opinions.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Well, Mainsteam anime is pretty much the only anime that makes it to the U.S. (Or, at least with easy access)

However, to get lesser known anime, you have to go online, which a lot of people aren't willing to do. And even online, it's hard to find 'rarer' animes. I'm hoping to broaden my anime view over this summer, since i've only seen a few lesser known animes.

Also, it depends on location. I have to get all of mine online since I live in a place where less than a tenth of the population could probably recognize anime, even less than that actually enjoys watching it, and even smaller amount of people actually enjoy subtitled anime that's uncensored. Basically, there isn't a single dedicated anime shop in my entire state. -_-

Last edited:

Straw_Hat

Noblethe3rd said:
So as long as a few people think its good it makes it good even if thousands of people claim its crap and discuss it for hours?

....um yes...to them anyway. if its crap, let it be, cause no matter what, someone will like it.

there is no true definition of good or bad really...because its all opinion

the art may be crappy, but the story could be good. or vice-versa.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
nega sora said:
samuri x isnt main stream is it
If you mean the OVA to rurouni kenshin, the no it isn't. I haven't seen it on tv at least...

What about King of Hell? One of my favorite mangas, and i don't think they have an anime for it yet...
Is Bleach considered mainstream also? I don't see how considering it's just now coming to America...the anime that is...

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Shamdeo said:
The Land Before Time
All Dogs Go To Heaven
An American Tail
The Secret of NIMH ( Ownage. )
Rock-A-Doodle

So many good childhood memories...

Don Bluth is the man... E~heh.

There was also:
A Troll in Central Park
The Pebble and the Penguin
Anatasia
Titan A.E.
Pete's Dragon
The Rescuers
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Sleeping Beauty

He also worked on the old laserdisc games Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
InuyashaRulz711 said:
I watch Wolf's Rain, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Samurai Champloo.
hahahahahahaha

Sad how Nabeshin's art has been classified as a low-rate mainstream now...

I bet I'm the only person here that watches Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuustu.

tidusora

Yunakairi
Awards
I watch Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, otherwise known as, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The theme song is very catchy, and according to ANN, it's theme song has been hitting the charts, and so has the anime.

I love the show :D

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
tidusora said:
I watch Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, otherwise known as, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The theme song is very catchy, and according to ANN, it's theme song has been hitting the charts, and so has the anime.

I love the show :D
MIKURU BEAM!!!11

Bunny girl Haruhi = secks

If they decide to translate it and localize it in the US they better not put it on Adult Swim...

jazz16

Well i look at "Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Saiyuki, Samurai 7, Divergence Eve: Misaki, and others. I dont think those Mainstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back