• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Machine Head

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FishBox

CIRCLE PIT, SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF

YouTube - Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate live @ Rock in Rio Lisbon

;D

I saw them live in October last year with my best mate. It was good times and it didn't afraid of anything.

''The Blackening'' has been compared to the likes of Metallicas ''The Black Album'' and the ''Master of Puppets'' album.

The album received positive reviews from music critics, with some labeling it the best metal album of 2007. Blabbermouth.net reviewer Don Kaye awarded the album a 9.5 out of 10, saying The Blackening is "one of the purest, finest, most powerful expressions of modern heavy metal released" and compared it to the 1986 Metallica album Master of Puppets,[27] while Allmusic editor Thom Jurek described the album as "an over the top rage and pummelfest with all the qualities that earned the group its enormous fan base by touring and recording", praising the songs "Beautiful Mourning", "Halo", and "Now I Lay Thee Down".

...On June 12, 2007, at the Metal Hammer awards, the band won the award for "Best Album", and Flynn won the "Golden God" award.[32] Machine Head also won "Album of the Year" at Kerrang's annual ceremony.

Halo is probably the best song on the album. Good, chunky riff with a kickass chorus and a kickassier solo. Great to play with friends when you're in a band.

DISCUSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back