• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Live action Pokemon Movie.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMostRad

I'm gonna keep my expectations low on this one because at the end of the day, it's another live adaptation of a video game franchise and we all know how those tend to go. Sure, recent adaptations like Tomb Raider and Rampage (yep, that's a video game adaptation of an old arcade game) have proven to better than most, but those are still kinda mediocre.

Where I'd disagree with you on this point is that this isn't going to be a 1:1 adaptation of the games. The film shares a universe and the rules that come with it with the games, but it's not going to be the same tired tale of a Pokemon trainer setting out from home to become the Champion that we've played through over and over again. They're opting to tell an original story in a semi-familiar world and using it to give us something from this world that's unique to the medium:

Dope Box-Office-Budget CGI Pokemon (and their various batttles).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back