• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Advice for the Superbosses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changer

So I just got to Hollow Bastion, and I decided that I would go ahead and see if I could get some good advice for the Superbosses (Sephiroth/Xemnas).

First off, I never block, haven't needed to yet this playthrough and I just prefer dodging in all honesty. However I know that the strategies for these kinds of bosses can get kind of precise, and I'm just wondering if me never blocking (probably wouldn't know when to for that matter) is going to come back to bite me during one of these fights, because if so I'm gonna start getting used to it now.

Secondly, what level would be best for both of them? I don't want to be overleveled, because that would sort of make it too easy, and defeat the entire purpose of the fight, so what's about the minimum that would be recommended for either?

Thirdly, any specific tips? Something I should make sure I'm doing? I'm really not that experienced with these sorts of fights, in fact I'm pretty sure Julius is the only one I've ever beaten before so if there's anything I really need to do tell me and I'd appreciate it.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think in the 80's is good enough. For reference I dominated the unknown at level 90 so the 80's I figure gives you the best balance of it being difficult but not unbearable.

I don't remember block being used much for those 2 other than the unknown's laser attack that's similar to final form Xemans's surrounding laser attack. Other than that block isn't something you need to master. Especially with aeroaga available to you.

For specific tips? You can just strike raid them into oblivion if you. You can cut down more than half of their HP with just spamming strike raid with an elixir or 2 being used. For Sephy, just make sure to time your elixir's perfectly if you don't think you can stop that sin harvest thing he does.

General advice will be to do stuff like shortcut Cure and always been aware how many more hits you can take before you get to 1 HP. That's mostly to get the most out of your elixirs. Also don't underestimate D&G worth so give them good equipment so they can survive a bit more.

So other than that, I can't help you much. So good luck.

Changer

I think in the 80's is good enough. For reference I dominated the unknown at level 90 so the 80's I figure gives you the best balance of it being difficult but not unbearable.

I don't remember block being used much for those 2 other than the unknown's laser attack that's similar to final form Xemans's surrounding laser attack. Other than that block isn't something you need to master. Especially with aeroaga available to you.

For specific tips? You can just strike raid them into oblivion if you. You can cut down more than half of their HP with just spamming strike raid with an elixir or 2 being used. For Sephy, just make sure to time your elixir's perfectly if you don't think you can stop that sin harvest thing he does.

General advice will be to do stuff like shortcut Cure and always been aware how many more hits you can take before you get to 1 HP. That's mostly to get the most out of your elixirs. Also don't underestimate D&G worth so give them good equipment so they can survive a bit more.

So other than that, I can't help you much. So good luck.

Thanks a lot, that answered pretty much all of my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back