• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lighting Help?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Well, since the sun is in front of him, the back of him isn't going to be in the light, so that'll give you an idea of where the light will be, which will be mostly in the front. Also, don't just use variations of black or red or whatever the base color is for shading or highlights, use a mixture. Since it's a sunset there's going to be reds, yellows, oranges, pinks, mostly, with a few blues and purples near the top. Also look for other pictures for reference.

XxRemnantxX

Looks like I am going to need a lot of practice in lighting. But I have a question. For the shading and highlights...you said not to use the base colours for it, correct? Reds, yellows, oranges, pinks...I'm trying to experiment here...with those colours. But it's not looking right. I will look for reference pictures to help me. Thank you. ^_^ Like you said with the lighting...because the sun is in the front of him, there won't be any light behind him. So I took off the shading on the front of his face. Because really, it doesn't make any sense. That helped a lot! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back