• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Left Behind: A Teenage Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

simple_clean

Left Behind: A Teenage Story

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything besides the made-up characters.

Aden ran frantically down the streets of Cadillac, looking for someone he might know.

“This can’t be happening!” he thought, tears streaming down his face, “I wasn’t ready…”

Aden had just turned 12 a few days ago. The fun he had had then was almost completely opposite of what he was experiencing now: sadness, fear, and shock. He had woken up a few hours ago to find that his whole family had disappeared, leaving only their clothes behind. Even though he had tried to deny it, he knew the truth. He, like many other people all over the world, had been left behind in the rapture of the church from Earth.

“….I wonder if John is still here,” he thought as he slowed down to a walk, and turned down the street of his best friend’s house. He came to an abrupt stop before the door. He rapped on the door quickly three times. No answer. He turned the knob, surprised to find that it was unlocked. Stepping into the seemingly vacant house, he immediately heard the radio blaring upstairs.

It’s crowded in worship today

And she slips in, trying to fade into the faces

Aden hurried up the stairs, recognizing it as the music John would listen to. He burst through John’s door, expecting to see him in there.

The girls teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know…

He walked slowly over to John’s bed.

Farther than they know

He peeled back the covers, knowing what he would find as new tears welled up in his eyes.

But if we are the body, why aren’t his arms reaching?

John’s shirt and boxer-briefs lay assembled as if he had fallen asleep on his stomach. Aden chuckled in spite of his sadness.

“He always said he would never wear a shirt to bed,” he thought.

Why aren’t his hands healing? Why aren’t his words teaching?

Aden slid to the floor and put his head in his arms. “What am I going to do without all of you?” he wondered to himself, “I should have listened.” Tears soaked his shirt.

And if we are the body, why aren’t his feet going? Why is his love not showing them there is a way? There is a way.

Aden got up and shut off the radio, not wanting to hear it at the moment. He turned around to leave, but did a double take as he saw his reflection. A tan boy with blue eyes, dark brown hair with blonde highlights, and a height about 5’2” stared back at him. He was also wearing a not very appropriate shirt (if you know what I mean) and a pair of khaki shorts.

Aden shot a dirty look at his shirt, suddenly feeling disgusted because of it. He made a mental note to throw it away later. He walked out of the room and headed towards Mrs. And Mr. Kawoski’s room, but then stopped. He knew it was no use thinking that John’s parents were still here either. Then a thought suddenly hit him. "Ashley!” he thought, remembering that she didn’t go to church either, “she might still be around!”

He blushed at the thought, having had a secret crush on her for a whole year now, which NOBODY except John knew about.

Aden headed back downstairs. “Maybe she headed back to my house?” he thought. He decided to head back to his house, just in case. He started to run back to his house as quickly as he could.

Ashley walked solemnly down the sidewalk, her blonde hair hanging in front of her grey eyes. Her parents and her brother, John, had disappeared along with a lot of other people in that church that they went to. She decided to try to find Aden an hour ago, guessing that he was still here.

“What was it called again?” she thought, “Assembly of….”

She was never able to finish the thought, as someone had ran right into her.

“Ah!” she screamed, falling on her butt. She looked up and saw Aden also on his behind. She grinned. “Aden!” she squealed, throwing herself onto him. She started crying, “You don’t know how happy I am to see you!” Aden returned the embrace, glad for a reason to do so without her finding out his crush.

A/N: Please R&R ^^ . Criticism is accepted, as it makes me a better writer. But please make sure the only criticism there is has to do with the story, and not anybody's beliefs. And to the post below mine, in no way am I trying to force my beliefs on anyone, I simply enjoy writing. Thank you.

Last edited:

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
*coughcopyrightinfringementandforcingbeliefscough*

I didn't like it because... "you know".

Complete literacy, though.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I heard this kinda story before in LEFT BEHIND: the series, but blahmaster it isn't forcing beliefs. He's just writing a fanic about a christian series, just like we write fanfictions about a fictional videogame. He's forcing beliefs like, "You must believe in God in order to read this." or something like that. He's just writing a story based on another type of book.

I like it simple clean, and I wouldn't mind reading something like this.

PS. the music interacting with story was well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back