• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Knee deep in the dead!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foe_Hammer

listenin to metallica and blowin' some zombie's he
(( Highly violent and profane.))

The class "A" phantom planet jumper dubbed the "Alexa" cruised along at near-lightspeed towards the martian moon Deimos. It was synced up with the Olduvai base's flight directory. The ship slowed considerably as it entered mars' atmosphere. Xanathos was aboard the ship, he HATED flying at lightspeed, made him queesy. He braced himself as the ship slowed, what could he do? When your commander says jump, you say how high?

The ships bay doors opened wide revealing a long metal ramp wich lead to a steel mesh catwalk. Xanathos walked down the ramp, he was a little shakie from the flight but he kept his balance.

" You need to report to administration." said a marine using his PDA to log the ships cargo. Amazing, a man who put himself in harms way to protect his country was being treated like some supply shipment. Being a marine wasn't what it was cracked up to be. He walked along, his combat boots clanking against the catwalk. He looked over, he had to be hanging over a pit about two miles deep, and it was a straight drop.

"Damn, glad there's some freakin' hand rails..."

He continued his walk till he came to a pair of steel doors wich slid apart at his arrival. He walked through, The room wasn't big but it had a door to his left and another pair of steel doors right in front of him. A few crates were stacked in the far right corner and a directory in the middle of the room, Xanathos read it, the administrations office was straight ahead, Xanathos stepped around the directory and threw the steel doors.
The administrations office wasn't very big, just a large desk filled with monitors,keyboards and, empty soda cans. There was one man behind the desk, he stood up to see Xanathos over the monitors.

"Ah, your the replacment supply marine."

Again with being nothing but a surplus!

"Well garb your PDA, over there on the corner table. Oh and leave your bag here, i'll have it taken to your quarters. When you get your PDA head to Sergeant Kelly at OPS. command." Said the admininstrator.

" Yeah, Yeah, i got ya." Replied Xanathos brushing the man off.

"That kinda attitude can get you in trouble aroun' here."

"I get in teouble walkin' around."

The administrator shrugged and pointed him to a door atop a few mesh stairs. Xanathos waved him off and jogged up the stairs and threw the door wich led to a long hall way. The were pipes lining the left wall and two soda machines lining the right, the florecent lights wouldnt stop flickering, gave this place an eerie feel thought Xanathos. He checked his pants for change, but found he was broke, he shruggd and walked along till the hall took a shrp left and another door slid open, anohter marine walked passed him, he stopped and said hey, shook hands with Xanathos and said "seeya round." and continues walking down the hall.

"At least they're friendly.."

Xanathos moved abit quicker relizing how long it was taking him. He walked through another pair of doors and into a large room, across was a large pair of steel doors, to his left was a bullet-proof glass door wich ws locked with a code panel, judging by what he could see of the roo, it was a small armorie, and to his right the floor was raised. The raised part of the room had a desk with monitors and the wall above it and was full of keyboards and buttons, next to it was a door, and someone was reconfiguring one of the spider-like security bots. Xanathos nodded hello and walked threw the door on the raised floor, he took a right and went down the passeage. At the end was another door, but it was bigger and thicker than the others he'd seen and above it was a huge sebtry gun on the ceiling.

"Flashy, hE walked to the dor and held up his PDA, the security panel scanned it and the door slid open. The OPS. command room was filled with computers and wall monitors, most showing security survalance and muission status,. Standing in the middle of the room was a marine in his battle armor, he had white hair wich was worn in a buzz cut and he had a nasty look on his face when he saw Xanathos.

"Take your damn sweet time marine!" He shouted making everyone in the room stop and stare, asshole.

"Sorry sir." Xanathos saluted.

" We have a missing scientist, we beleive he's in the old comms. building in the undercity, Go there and investigate, if you find him bring him back, but do not hurt him. Follow this security bot, It'll get you where you need to go, hope you followed it better than you followed orders."

"Sir,yes sir!"

"Oh and watch out for broken pipes and falling objects, shit happens."

Xanathos saluted and walked out, he was met in the hallway by a security bot. It beeped then turned around and walked off, Xanathos followed it. It led him all the way to the hall infront of the administraion office then through
the door to his right. There it stopped and folded up, Xanathos looked down off the platform he was on, down the stairs was a room full of crates and security cabinets with a door at the other end of the room. Xanathos walked down the hevy mesh stairs and through the door, The next room was the security check point, al little office surrounded by a big glass windo was in the corner, it had a bunch of computers, a emergiancy medical station, and a marine. To the right of the office was a few cabinets with flashlights, pistols, and security armor. To the left of it was a door.

" hey marine, let's get you some gear."

He pressed a few buttons and the cabinets popped open, Xanathos walked over and put the heavy green security armor on, grabbe himself a pistol and a flash light and walked for the door.

"Hey wait, let's see if your comms. work."

He pressed a button, and a little blue bar with a voice reader popped up in his helmets visor display.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yes, loud and clear."

He spoke back through his michrophone. He turned and went through the doors, He walked threw a small room with two pilloars with computer ports on them, stairs leading down lower and another door. Xanathos walked down the stairs seeing as how the other door wouldn't open. The undercity was drak and damp, not sure why it was damp on mars, There was two guys yelling at each other while working on a maintance tunnel. other than that just another security cabinet and alot pipes, wires, and flickering lamps.

Last edited:

Foe_Hammer

listenin to metallica and blowin' some zombie's he
He walks down the dark hall way, the lights were dim and made the shadows seem like they moved. He walked along a little bit more, to hi right was a small cart with a PDA, Xanathos downloaded the PDA's data onto his. Next to the cart was a security locker, Xanathos skimmed threw his PDA looking at the new data. The code was 547, he netered it, the panel door slid up revealing two shelves. On one he found a clip for his pistol on the next a rather usless looking peice of machinarie. Xanathos grabbed the clip and moved on.

Fifteen minutes and a hundred turns later he found the entrance to the old comm. buildings, the doors slid apart revealing a large wall full of monitors and a desk full of keyboards and button panels, working on them was a scientist who spun around at Xanathos' entrance, his name tag said Choung Xie.

"No! You must let me get this message out..I...You don't know what I've seen, the devil is real, i built his cage." said Choung, He was shaking with every word.

"Doctor, calm down and come with me." Replied Xanathos calmly.

"You fool! I'll do no such thing!" He shouted, then the one of the monitors switched to a huge device with red lightning flieing from it.

"We can't hold these levels!, It's gonna-----" Said a scientist on one of the monitors as the machine exploded in a bright red light. The whole base shook violently, almost knocking Xanathos off his feet. Choung fell on his ass and crawled to the back of the room. The monitors showed people being torn apart by these big grey creatures with ten eyes, only to get back up and limp off. The zombified personnel started attacking their co-workers and devouring them.

Xanathos' comms. burst to life with begs for help and screams for mercy. A shreik came from the back of the room, the doctor was spazzaming wildly, he was tearing at his on flesh. When he seemed to finally notice Xanathos he stood up and lumbered for him.

"Doctor, back up. I don't want to hurt you." Xanthos pointed his pistol at the doctor. The doctor uttered some unlegable words and lunged for Xanathos.

"Holy shit!" Xanathos fired a few rounds into the zombie, it stumbled back, then started foward again. Xanathos aimed his gun and fired a shot for it's head. The shot hit right above his left eye, the zombie went down.

The door of the room slid open and a marine stepped in, he had a huge gash on his chest and he was bleeding fom his eyes. He ran up to Xanathos and slugged him in the chest, Xanathos hit the floor in a roll, He looked up to see the marine pull out a pistol and aim for Xanathos, Xanathos quickly flung up his pistol and squeezed off a few rounds at it's head, the zombie went down, it's head exploding like a ripe melon.

((Progress Pending))

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
((I'll edit later, I did read it, awesome fic man, but you could have some more sensory detail in it, otherwise pretty good. I'll expound later, for now bumpin on up :p))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back