• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: The Novel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarKnight36

Well, I'm not sure this counts as a fanfiction because I used the script to write this, but here goes.

I was just bored one day, so I decided to write a novelized version of Kingdom Hearts, and I think it's going pretty good so far. I'll put down the beginning "dream" part or whatever.

I'd like some feedback on what to do, so I can revise it if you see anything I missed or such. If it really sucks just tell me (in nice words).

Kingdom Hearts

Prelude: Awakening

The dream began on a platform. The platform seemed to depict a beautiful young woman biting into an apple, with seven dwarves and various assortments of things surrounding her. Sora stood near her feet, at the edge, facing her head.
The voice spoke in his head, as if it weren’t talking to him at all, really.
“So much to do, so little time,” the voice said, as if it were worried. Then, as if suddenly realizing Sora could hear it, it stated with finality, “Take your time. Don’t be afraid.”
It paused, then finished, “The door is still shut. Now, step forward. Can you do it?”
Sora realized it wasn’t talking about walking forward, but figuratively. But, what was he stepping forward into? The light grew brighter near the center, and Sora stepped into it, to hear the voice speak again.
“Power sleeps within you.” Sora turned to his left to see a white pedestal ascend from the platform, and a shield appear in a shower of light upon it. The shield was curious, with a slightly curved face coming from a flat top to a point at the bottom. It had red insignia around the edges, then a black interior with three red circles, in the shape of a head with two perfectly round ears, in the middle.
“If you give it form,” the voice continued, and Sora turned to his right to see another pedestal arise and a staff appear. The staff had a long green handle, but at the top had a large brown centerpiece and a large bulbous blue end that had the same shape as the shield’s three circles did.
“It will give you strength,” the voice finished. In front of Sora, a third pedestal arose and a sword appeared. It had a black handle, with a yellow hand guard that had the three circle insignia on it. The blade was longer than the staff handle, and was wide but looked light.
Sora folded his arms and stared at the three weapons. What was he supposed to do?
The voice only said, “Choose well.”
Sora walked forward, hopped onto the pedestal, and grasped the sword. Warmth spread from it towards his heart, and he immediately felt stronger. The voice spoke in his head again.
“The power of the warrior. Invincible courage. A sword of terrible destruction…Is this the power you seek?” Sora shrugged, then nodded.
“Your path is set,” and the sword disappeared. Sora grinned, then gasped as the pedestal started to crumble beneath his feet. He fell forward, stumbling, then gasped again as the entire platform shattered into tiny pieces of stained glass.
He fell backwards, headfirst. Through the haze he saw another platform. This one seemed to depict a woman with a white dress on, her hair tied up and gloves up to her elbows. A pumpkin carriage, horses, and a castle picture framed her head. Sora landed gently at the foot of the dress.
The sword appeared in his hand, and he swung it forward, feeling the warmth radiate from it and fill his entire being again.
The voice spoke, “You’ve gained the power to fight.”
Sora grinned again, and strode forward. He stopped as a shadow appeared on the dress before him.
“There will be times you have to fight,” the voice stated. “Keep your light burning strong.”
Sora squinted at the shadow, then gasped as it took shape into a small creature about half his height. It had long antennae, bulging yellow eyes, and a skinny black body with arms and legs ending in dark claws. It ran towards him.
Sora took a step back, then readied the sword. The creature leaped for him, but Sora was ready. With a mighty swing, he caught the creature near the navel and ripped it clean in half. Shadow spit out of its wounds and it exploded into nothingness. More creatures appeared, and Sora readied himself.
Suddenly, the voice spoke again.
“Behind you!”
Sora turned in time to intercept a blow from behind. With a flick of his wrist, he decapitated the shadow. Twisting, he sliced at another. It disappeared beneath his blow, sinking into the floor. Sora blinked, watching as the shadow moved around him, and then the creature popped forward again to slice at him. Sora kicked it in the end, and impaled it. More creatures appeared, and Sora readied himself again. He didn’t feel the least bit tired.
But the shadows didn’t attack. They ran towards each other, gathering together in a group, then they sank as one. Darkness spread from their collective shadow, slowly swallowing the platform. Sora gasped as his feet sunk into the darkness, slowly spreading up his body as he slipped beneath the platform into the darkness.
Darkness covered him, suffocated him. He waved his hands in futile effort, but he felt nothing. Suddenly, light was restored and he found himself on another platform, this one red and depicting three hearts connected at the tip around the circle. He stood, and to his right a door appeared.
Or rather, the outline of a door, Sora thought as he approached. He stretched forth his hand and it passed right through the pink door. I can’t open it, Sora thought, folding his arms and thinking.
A light flashed behind him, and Sora turned to see a chest appear behind him. Moving towards it, the sword appeared in his hand again. He saw the chest didn’t have a handle to open it with. Thinking, he paused, then he tapped the lid of the chest with his sword.
The lid sprang open, then the chest disappeared, and Sora felt a shudder go through the platform. Turning, he saw a large crate had dropped onto the middle of the platform. Placing his hand on it, he saw a crack in it. Peering inside, he saw a faint glow inside. Sora stepped back, then raised the sword and sliced down. The crack grew wider. Sora slashed at the crate several more times, before it finally broke apart. Inside was a small bottle with a lightly glowing liquid inside.
Sora picked it up. He knew what it was from his island: a simple Potion, designed to recover your strength and energy quickly. Sort of like an energy drink…
Sora stuffed it in one of his pockets, and turned to see the outline of the door seem to become more solid. A barrel appeared, and Sora had the urge to lift it up. Picking it up, he looked at the bottom and saw a simple incantation.
“Nuphorieth,” Sora muttered, puzzling over what the word meant. The barrel disappeared from his hands, and the door shimmered into existence.
Sora stuffed the sword into his belt, and walked forward. Pulling on the door handle, he jumped back as the door cracked open, then popped open like a jack-in-the-box. The “jack” turned out to be light, pouring outwards.
Sora gritted his teeth, and squinting, moved towards the light. Stepping through, the light dissipated, and Sora found himself on the wooden platform he had built with the other kids on the island. Three kids were sitting around it: Wakka, Selphie, and Tidus.
“Hold on,” the voice said. “The door won’t open just yet. First, tell me more about yourself.”
Sora shook his head, and moved towards Wakka. He gasped as he got closer. Wakka was twirling his blitzball in one hand, and acted like Wakka, despite not speaking, but his eyes were pure white. This wasn’t Wakka, Sora realized.
“Wh—,” Sora began, but Wakka cut him off in a somewhat monotonous voice.
“What do you want outta life?” Wakka asked, staring at him with those creepy white eyes.
Sora scratched his head. “Um, I dunno, what are the choices?”
“Dummy,” Wakka said, and his eyes cleared for a sec, “make sumthin’ up…I wanna go back to the beach, man.”
Sora shook his head, and muttered, “Um, well, I guess I want to be strong enough to protect those I love…Yeah, that’s right!”
“To be strong, huh?” Wakka grunted. “Well, great, go bother somebody else now.”
Sora grinned and turned around, walking to Tidus.
Tidus again interrupted Sora’s greeting. “What are you so afraid of?”
Sora again scratched his head. This was tough. “Um, well, I guess I’m afraid of, of…not knowing what to do, or how to do what I know I should do.”
“You mean being indecisive?” Tidus asked, his eyes clearing of their eerie whiteness and one of his eyebrows raising. “What a lame answer…”
Sora stuck his tongue out at Tidus, and turned towards Selphie.
“What’s most important to you?” Selphie asked, leaning back on the railing she was sitting on.
“Uh, friendship I guess…”
“Is friendship such a big deal?” Selphie asked, her eyes clearing and her stare piercing into Sora’s heart…or so it seemed.
“What are you talking about, of course it is!” Sora said, angry.
Selphie winked. “That’s the spirit.”
The voice came to him then.
“You want to be strong. You’re afraid of indecision. You want friendship…” It paused, as if deliberating something. “Your journey begins in the dead of night. Your journey won’t be easy, but the morning light awaits your journey’s end. Keep your light burning strong.”
It paused again, and Sora nodded.
“The day you will open the door is both far off and very near…” the voice finally finished, and light surrounded Sora again. He found himself on another platform, this one depicting a blonde woman with a rose in one hand, and thorns surrounding her. She was wearing a crown too.
Sora moved forward to her chin, staring at the delicate features. Suddenly, he heard something behind him. Turning, he saw shadows moving towards him. Their yellow eyes bulged, and Sora twisted again to see that he was completely surrounded. The sword popped into his hands, and Sora grinned.
The shadows leapt at him as one, an impenetrable wall of shadows…or so it seemed. One sweep sent half of them flying, and the rest slashed nothing but air. Sora hacked his way into the mess of shadows, sending shadow dust everywhere, destroying shadow after shadow. Finally, the last one fell before a mighty thrust, disappearing back to the darkness whence it came. Light pierced the darkness then, and Sora felt warmth spread through his body. The light moved on from him, to the edge of the platform, near the girl’s face.
Colored glass hovering platforms appeared in twinkles of light, ascending the darkness…
Sora ran forward, following the light, not noticing that the platforms were disappearing behind him. He reached another platform, this one depicting a girl with brown hair and golden dress. The light stopped near her head. Sora moved into it, and the voice spoke again.
“The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes…” Sora turned to stare at his shadow. Suddenly, it bulged.
“But don’t be afraid,” the voice said.
In disbelief, Sora stepped back, as his shadow bulged out of the ground, grew, and finally snapped into high focus…
A giant humanoid stood before him, his curled shadow feet raising into monstrous legs, a humongous chest with a heart shape chopped out of its middle, monstrous arms, and a head with tentacles that wrapped around and around, leaving only enough space for the eyes.
“And don’t forget…” the voice said again, but it faded before it could finish.
Sora turned and bolted, but he found he could not run. The platform dropped into darkness, and Sora instantly knew he must fight this fight, or die.
Sora turned, gritted his teeth, and charged, sword in hand. The thing swept its enormous hand at him, but Sora flipped over the swing, and landed on the arm. The hand smashed into the ground, and as Sora looked over his shoulder, he saw shadows begin to swarm from a portal in the ground. Sora snarled, and charged the thing’s head, using the grooves of the monster’s muscles to reach the head. The tentacles attempted to smash him, but he just slashed through them. The creature turned its head, and Sora launched a volley at the thing’s eyes. The creature’s unearthly shriek hit his ears, and Sora stumbled, falling down into the shadow swarm, his sword flying away. The creature slammed its hands into either side of Sora, leaning down, the tentacles unraveling from its mouth.
Sora cried out in terror, and struggled in vain, but the shadows held him tight. Sora stared straight into death as the creature’s mouth opened, revealing a gaping hole of pure darkness.
The voice came to him then.
“Bu…t do…n’t be afra…id,” the voice said, breaking up as if it were on a radio that wasn’t working too well. Darkness swirled around Sora, and the head moved ever closer. It was close enough for Sora to be able to touch with his hands now, if he could have used them.
“Y…ou hold th…e mighti…est wea…pon o…f al…l,” the voice said, breaking up even further so Sora could hardly hear it. Sora turned his head, then back and stared into the pure darkness.
“S…o do…n’t fo…rget…” the voice said, breaking up so it was almost incomprehensible.
Sora strained with all his strength and ripped free of the shadows, leaping up in time to see the impenetrable darkness close around him, swallow him…
The voice stated to the darkness, suddenly crystal clear. “You are the one who will open the door.”
Silence.
The Awakening was completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back