• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Reboot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Oh god not this guy again

For god's sake, literally 10 years since his first video and he still can't get a legit pitch off the ground while trying to reboot a series he doesn't even own. A series that, while goin through a news drought, is far from dead or anything.

Like why is he still friggin' trying especially when Disney is in a huge rough patch? Why can't he just pack his bags and quit?

And what he wants is literally impossible and too hard to pull off. Practically a Disney Adult's indulgent fantasy with pointless easter eggs littered all over the place while inflating the budget with too many Disney composers and actors and expecting it to make the same numbers as shit like GTA and Call of Duty which really only make that much bank off of name recognition while also having the possibility of a REAL messy story via "planning it all out".

This series doesn't need a reboot, his ideas are too fucking high in the clouds, and he needs to stop assuming that this is what """EVERY""" Disney fan wants as if he knows.

Over 10 years and still stuck in pitches for something he doesn't have any sort of standing to claim it needs a reboot.

Just go and do something better with your life instead of speaking to one half of a collaboration that will never listen as if they have the time to listen to some rando on the internet.

Also who the fuck would care about an unused talking bottle from Alice in Wonderland????

KH isn't this damn "opportunity of a lifetime" it's just a fucking video game with anime characters and Disney characters. In today's gaming landscape doing something like what these pitches describe would just lead to development hell and wasted money.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Oh no, not you! 😫

I remember seeing your posts in the KH subreddit. Dude, the FIRST saga, just, like, ended 3-4 years ago. Now is definitely NOT the time for a reboot.

@KeybladeLordSora I’m getting Paul 2.0 vibes…😑remember him?

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Who tf is Paul
Lacan. That guy who set off that insanity thread way back in 2020.

Anyway, I can’t believe I actually forced myself to listen through that entire pitch. Draw a doujin, fine, write a fanfic, fine, or if feeling really daring, make a fangame, but this whole idea is just plain hubris. It sounds like he wants to pull the rug under Nomura and become the director and producer of a hypothetical reboot of the game. I seriously doubt Disney is willing to let some unknown uproot their biggest gaming IP from its rightful maker.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Usually when a fan stops liking a certain series they drop it and move on with their lives instead of trying to take it from the original creators. If he thinks he can do better than Nomura why doesn't he try making his own series?

Awards
Usually when a fan stops liking a certain series they drop it and move on with their lives instead of trying to take it from the original creators. If he thinks he can do better than Nomura why doesn't he try making his own series?
Cuz he had a Disney wet dream one time and got obsessed with it, duh.

You can see how he rarely talks about the actual KH shit or even Square while constantly focusing on Disney and of course the potential money to be made.

He doesn't want KH, he wants a glorified Disney ride that's chock full of the most hollow capitalistic Look at All Our Shit crap imaginable while also knowing jack shit about how game development works.

Riku21Terr

Awards
To oversimplify what he’s stating in the video above, would you rather Disney do the same kind of thing (in regards to being more actively involved, bring back original composers, using unused ideas, bringing back original cast members etc) that they’re doing for the live action remakes, but instead for Kingdom Hearts and with that being a potentially better overall experience/worthwhile thing to do? :)

Riku21Terr

Awards
Here are some other videos, from Youtubers that are not related to this in any kind of way, for you all to consider:

Awards
To oversimplify what he’s stating in the video above, would you rather Disney do the same kind of thing (in regards to being more actively involved, bring back original composers, using unused ideas, bringing back original cast members etc) that they’re doing for the live action remakes, but instead for Kingdom Hearts and with that being a potentially better overall experience/worthwhile thing to do? :)
I'd rather not.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Okay, this video has a valid point. One of the fatal errors during SE’s “Age of Bad Business Decisions” was scattering what should be a singular story into different mediums. It’s part of the reason why I ended up hating the entire FNC and XV Universe compilations with a burning passion of a thousand suns while still liking it enough to respect them as (buggy, incomplete, and horrifyingly rushed) games. And why I hope for the mobile games to be properly ported.

But what does that have to do with rebooting the entire franchise?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
What’s the point of rebooting one of Disney and Square’s most successful franchises?

Awards
What’s the point of rebooting one of Disney and Square’s most successful franchises?
Obviously so we can have the totally required talking bottle in Wonderland, duh.

I know KH worlds have been called empty a lot but Mr. Reboot really fuckin takes it personally that practically every area of a world isn't full of beings.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
None really. This person just wants the series to be how he wants it to be, regardless of how implausible his plans are. It's actually quite selfish.

Chie

Awards
"Wouldn't it potentially be Objectively Better And More Valuable to make a different thing instead of the thing you like and are on a forum for?"

Hmm. No?

The kind of thinking these points broadly represent is capitalist and anti-human. Engage with the work that actually exists.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Just got back from the subreddit out of curiosity (ew!), turns out this isn’t the guy but a friend of the guy. Online or irl idk, but let’s just answer why it’s such a bad idea instead of adding fuel to the fire so we can put an end to this.
  • The work isn’t complete in the source medium - discarding the novelisations, manga, ultimanias, and other supplementary material aside, the story in the games isn’t finished. We are now entering a new arc with a new (ugh!) mobile game and a mainline entry down the line. A reboot is only ever warranted for finished works. Kingdom Hearts is not a finished work.
  • It is a flagship property - sure, it’s not SE’s flagship product, that honour goes to Dragon Quest from Enix and Final Fantasy from Squaresoft, but it’s the highest selling and most renowned Disney Interactive property. By default this means it’s the flagship product of Disney Interactive. Disney isn’t going to relinquish control of the flagship product of their video game division to anyone else aside from the mastermind who developed it, that being Nomura and his team.
  • The guy has been at it for ten years - it’s been ten years! All he has to show for it are concept arts, sales pitches, and an over-the-top excessive microphone more expensive than a fine china British tea set. That is not a good sign for someone envisioning a reboot.

Riku21Terr

Awards
I'd rather not.
If I may ask, why?
Okay, this video has a valid point. One of the fatal errors during SE’s “Age of Bad Business Decisions” was scattering what should be a singular story into different mediums. It’s part of the reason why I ended up hating the entire FNC and XV Universe compilations with a burning passion of a thousand suns while still liking it enough to respect them as (buggy, incomplete, and horrifyingly rushed) games. And why I hope for the mobile games to be properly ported.

But what does that have to do with rebooting the entire franchise?
So that way this kind of thing doesn’t Continue to happen. Yes, they have largely stopped doing that and Have (mostly) ported all of the games under one roof, however keep in mind that a good majority of them we still can’t properly play: days, recoded, and the Union Cross and dark road games. We only have to watch them as cut scenes, and they’re supposed to be GAMES......And we’re still getting a new mobile game, so again this trend is clearly not really going away…… If we had a reboot that truly emphasized overall quality and experience around the lines of Grandtheft auto, uncharted, Nintendo’s recent games etc this kind of thing would not be happening. Would you not rather have literally EVERY Single game released on literally literally EVERY single Console At the same time, with the kind of quality of the games I mentioned above, which has a be even more engaging and even more enrich than it already is?
Read what I said above, and please check out what the kingdom hearts reboot is saying. Your question could also be asked about the live action remakes which have rebooted all of Disney’s most successful animated movies and therefore their franchises…… And for some, they weren’t exactly finished when they came out, as the lion guard was still on when the live action lion king came out, Moana may very well be getting a live action remake before it’s Disney+ series etc.……
Obviously so we can have the totally required talking bottle in Wonderland, duh.

I know KH worlds have been called empty a lot but Mr. Reboot really fuckin takes it personally that practically every area of a world isn't full of beings.
Why wouldn’t you want to explore unused ideas from the movies? After all that’s what they more than normally use in the sequels AND the Live action remakes?! Especially since it would also be in a game in context which may be more interesting and useful in that regard, I mean that character could provide gaming hints, The Jabberwocky could make a terrific boss battle etc. I can’t believe you’d be this facetious about it!

And as for the population of worlds, wow does it indeed not feel like there’s literally ANYONE let alone ANYTHING in them, to the point where it’s beyond awkwardly embarrassing when the grand Duke in birth by sleep says “the guests were really starting to enjoy themselves“. What guests?! There’s literally no one there! And also when you consider that many many games that we’re released around that time like the earlier Harry Potter games (a supposed “cash grab” Game, With barely less than a year of development no less……) Jack and Daxter etc. were way more populated and they didn’t even have that many characters in them either.....

None really. This person just wants the series to be how he wants it to be, regardless of how implausible his plans are. It's actually quite selfish.
If I may ask, how and why is this implausible?
Incredibly selfish that he masks it behind it being the wish/dream of E V E R Y Disney fan.
Well, frankly why wouldn’t you want this? Would you not want the world to be more populated and actually feel like there’s things in them to actually feel like you’re actually saving the world instead of just going through the motions, with her actually being steaks and the feeling of its plausibly and realistically happening? The feeling of actually having more of the characters there and being not only ridden but portrayed by the original actors or a very convincing sound like which a lot of them currently do not have? The world themselves not feeling like mere levels it actually like we’re exploring the big grand landscape that they are presented as in the movies and other media? Sure, kingdom hearts III Did incorporate a lot of this, but even then it still feels limited, and they still didn’t allow us to truly engage with things like in Arendelle and kingdom of corona, Which could’ve felt a lot more satisfying and not looked down upon like they already are if they weren’t as limited. And I’ll tell you, in kingdom hearts IV with return of the Jedi and or whatever is going to be featured, it’s more than definitely only going to be Endor, With no Jabba the Hutt, Maybe even no space battle with the death star, And or various other limitations that you can possibly think of, so then what’s the point of featuring it in the first place?
"Wouldn't it potentially be Objectively Better And More Valuable to make a different thing instead of the thing you like and are on a forum for?"

Hmm. No?

The kind of thinking these points broadly represent is capitalist and anti-human. Engage with the work that actually exists.
Well, that I’ve been saying to people for years about the Eragon and Percy Jackson movies, As I quite love both of those movies (and I have read the books, more than once actually :) As they are the works that already exists, as are the Disney movies that kingdom hearts is adaptating, So what’s the difference here regardless of any overall success? Same of the Harry Potter movies that are being rebooted into an HBO series when we still don’t have the fantastic beasts movies fully concluded, or cursed child/something around those lines that truly finishes Harry’s story like JK herself says it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back