• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III game length

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

srb1a4

I wanted to know, what are some guess on how long the games going to be? I know it varies per person but on average how long do you think it should be? There seems to be a lot that needs to be done. Sora (or someone) waking up Ven, we have Kairi & Lea becoming keyblade barriers, need to find Aqua, stop Xehanort, find Terra's body, etc. (Also how are you going to play KH 3, are you just going to play right through it or play it in the most difficult level?)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Hopefully one hundred hours, 'cause the story itself will need half that time to be coherently told.

The How Long To beat site is fairly accurate, give or take four hours.

I want Kingdom Hearts III to be the longest in the series. Taking the main story about 60-75 hours (around 40 for gameplay , 20 for cutscenes) to complete, with another 10-20 hours for extras.

Dandefuzz

I'm hoping for at least 50 hours for the main story. We've been waiting, what, ten years for this? I want more content in it than any of the previous games.

As for how I'm going to play it I'm going to play through it on normal difficulty, like I usually do.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'd say at the very least 40 hours just for the main story, with hours of sidestuff to do. Though I'd like it to last up to 100 if possible. Considering there are so many characters and story arcs to include.

As for difficulty, I'd play it on normal the first time through just to witness the story, and then do a Proud or Critical mode playthrough to get everything.

srb1a4

According to How long does it take to beat your favorite games? - HowLongToBeat.com KH1's main story takes 28 hours to beat and KH2's takes 32 and a 1/2 hours. Realistically I'm guessing KH3 will be in the middle of those two (30 hours to beat), but I would like it if the main story took 40+ hours.

I will probably play through on the highest difficulty level first, maybe the second highest.

Thanks, looking at it KH 3 should be more than 40 hours. As for play through, I might do that my self but I'm not sure I really would like to know the story asap but I also would like to complete the game on the highest difficulty level.

It seems that everyone agrees it has to be more than 40 hours. I wonder if there's going to be an international release...

Thanks for the replies \o/

Shogo-Kun

Awards
For me, I really don't care how long a game lasts as long as it gives me a good experience. Me and my sister spent about 100 hours on the original Kingdom Hearts and we enjoyed ourselves. So length is not an issue. Though I would love to see KHIII max out at 70 hours.

As for what difficulty I choose, I always go with Beginner Mode just get a feel for the game since I'm very casual about video games. Maybe later I'll go for Standard if I'm up for 100% completion. But for the most part, I just wanna have a good ol' time with Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

Awards
50-60 hours and I'll start on critical. I usually play through games once these days so I want it to be the most complete experience possible.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hopefully very, very long. Not only because there are lots of things to be told and explained, but also because we waited sooo damn long for it.
As for the difficulty, I play every Kingdom Hearts game on the highest difficulty possible. So KH3 won't be an exception. :D

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'd say about 50-60 hours for the main campaign on Critical Mode, more if you're going for 100% completion. This game has a lot of threads from the previous games that need to be addressed.

SephirothZ

Some of you guys are asking a bit much for a campaign only. I am sure there will be a hundred hours worth of stuff on the game, but a run through story will probably be around 35-40 hours. Games that are too long tend to be too drawn out and the gamer loses interest. 45+ hours is far too long for a story.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm hoping the campaign is about 1.5 the length of KH2's, or at least double DDD. The series has a lot it needs to wrap up, as many have already stated, as well as whatever plot twists Nomura throws in. I don't think length is really that much of a problem, it's how the story is handle. KH2 had a long campaign, but it felt even longer because majority of it, aka the Disney worlds, weren't even that connected to the actual plot.

In the case of KH3, however, I think that Nomura and co. have learned their lesson in that regard, since I never once felt the worlds in BbS and DDD didn't serve a purpose.

Now, what I would like the length to be gameplay-wise would be something similar to KH2FM's or BbSFM's. There was so much to do at the end of both of those games. Plus, I strongly believe Mirage Arena will make a return, so I doubt the postgame would be as short as, for example, Days and DDD. Although, it would be nice if they could throw in something like Re:coded's ability to refight bosses and such.

45+ hours is far too long for a story.

Atlus would like to have a word with you.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think 30-35 hours of core gameplay is perfectly fine. If they want to make the game as extensive as possible just add a bunch of side quest you can choose to do throughout the game. I played Ni no Kuni and it took me roughly 47 hours to finish the campaign but that was with me doing a bunch of sidequest because they were fun.

KHIII can pad it's content by just giving us a lot more optional things. Players who just want to play the story can finish the game at a reasonable pace and people who love the game can get their full doing a lot more optional fun things.

SephirothZ

Atlus would like to have a word with you.

The exception is not the rule, but they do have long games. :cool:

The persona series also has more freedom and social interactions than the Kingdom Hearts series. Still, I dont expect KH3 to be longer than 40 hours to complete the story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back