• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kingdom hearts amature movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhenao

in the bookstore, reading manga I'm too poor to bu
No, I don't think it's legal, but I don't think Disney and Squenix care either. There are many Kingdom Hearts DVDs on ebay (where they just record the cutscenes involving the story and put them on a DVD), and I bought one. I'm definitely gonna hafta buy this too. The DVD I got had cutscenes pertaining the story, plus ASAS, Showdown of Fate, the Enigmatic Man scenes, and DD. This DVD has the entire story of KH that someone could watch and understand without ever playing KH. That's awesome! ^_^

.:kaizer21:.

Banned
I want to get this, but my parents prolly won't allow me to get it NEways...:( ill get it when i move out....which is in about...5 YEARS?! oh man!

Rhenao

in the bookstore, reading manga I'm too poor to bu
He's not making it free. Here's a quote from him, "I am not 'selling'the project. I simply want to share it, but it comes at a cost, of course." To me, that sounds like he's going to give it a reasonable price to pay for all the work he's done. If you want to know specifics, e-mail him.

And, like I said in an above post, it's not legal; but he's not causing any financial damage to Kingdom Hearts by selling this, so I don't think they mind.

A

Audo

Why dont you just make your own? All it is are the scenes in KH this is a very stupid idea if you ask me. Just replay the game, It will give you something to do until KH2 comes along. and all the extra scenes in Final Mix are availble to download on sites.This is not legal.
EDIT:I read the actual topic with the 'creator' of this thing and it doesnt sound all that bad. You make it sound like crap (Topic creator). However he/she keeps saying that its legal because he/she isn't making any money from it yet he/she actually says that you have to by the DVDs. This is most likely tottaly illegal and the creator of this project might get in trouble with the law. (lawsuits and crap are a possibilty)

Last edited:

Viper_A

Website
www.sidestreamnetwork.net
Uhm... Things have gone out of control, eh? Too many inquiries to reply to...

Riku-Keyblade said:
All it is are the scenes in KH this is a very stupid idea if you ask me.
I didn't say that I was making this DVD for you now, did I? I didn't say that I was making this DVD for Kingdom Hearts fanatics now, did I? I said that I was making this DVD for KH fans to share their KH experience to other non-gamers/non-KH fans by making them watch a movie.

Riku-Keyblade said:
and all the extra scenes in Final Mix are availble to download on sites.This is not legal.
You are only contradicting yourself. You don't like the idea of the project because it is illegal (according to you)? And you think downloading the videos is legal?

Riku-Keyblade said:
yet he/she actually says that you have to by the DVDs.
I think I have been already redundantly repetitive about my "I AM NOT SELLING THIS PROJECT!!!". Logic... If nobody's selling, who can "buy"?

But Riku-Keyblade, please understand that I am not aiming at you. It's just that everything I can quote to answer came from you. Frankly, I am tired of replying to the "is this legal" question. I have already received tons of email regarding this question, replied to tons of post regarding this question, and A LOT of other methods regarding this question... The point is, I can't give this thing for "free", with only "shipping and handling" as quoted above. I am not asking for "donations" for all the work I did. The only thing I will be requesting (when you guys request for a copy) is the cost of the DVDs, the printing on the DVD labels, the printing of the DVD cover, the DVD cases, the shipping (I still have no idea on how much this is), and other stuff I haven't thought about (I just woke up).

It's like this... I hope you understand that I did the project for myself only. But when people requested a copy of the project, of course I immediately understood that these come at a cost (because these are very solid, tangible materials).

To summarize why I am asking for you to send the the equivalent cost of this project when I send the project to you...
- For example, I have $40 now. I go out and buy all the stuff (DVDs, labels, cases, stuff). I only have $0 now. I understand, because it was my project. But people start asking for a copy. I work myself (as a Wushu trainer) to get another $40. I gather the materials again, and send the copy to ONE person. Another asks a copy, I work myself to $40 again, gather the materials, and send to ONE person again. I am not a workhorse who will just work myself to death for other people. I have a job, I have to live, and I have to survive. I WILL NOT do so by making money out of the project. But I have to keep the project aloft (including my life) by keeping it in a "break even" status. In familiar gaming terms, I have to keep up with its "upkeep".

I hope this is already clear. Again, Riku-Keyblade, I apologize. I know the first part of the post sounds like it's looking for a flame war. It's not. It's just a simple explanation. I apologize.

-=edit=-
Again, Riku-Keyblade, I apologize. I just came to understand that you changed your views AFTER you saw the website (or something else). I know that you are just a concerned netizen. Thank you for that. I myself am against downloading MP3s, videos, MPGs, DivX, and other stuff online. EXCEPT if they're personal projects. Two of the websites I like downloading MP3s from is OCremix (at www.ocremix.org) and VGmix (www.vgmix.com). They're both game music rearrangement websites that host personal projects of musicians specializing in game music rearrangement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back