• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Orchestral Trailer- Everything we can tell so far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

senninichigo

Awards
So I've been spending all morning, and a good portion of last night, re-watching the trailer and dissecting it and see that a lot of the KH youtube community didn't catch everything so I thought I'd post everything we can tell from the trailer along with some speculation. !!WARNING THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR 2.8 AS THE TRAILER HAS REFERENCES FROM THE GAME!!

GAMEPLAY:
-Ok first things first did Sora drop into the world or jump from the very top to make a cool trailer opening from Square. Personally I think that he may just jump out of the gummi ship in this game as apposed to just landing somewhere off-screen like in previous titles.
-We get a good look at shield style, called Counter Shield, which is very reminiscent of a drive form but works like command styles in 0.2 which is awesome so we can have multiple transformations in a battle depending on difficulty and length.
-We see a new(?) form called Second Form which looks like the starting form in the game before we get a new keyblade because Nomura has said before drives and keyblade transformation will be linked to keyblades and this form, used with the starting Kingdom Key, seems very much like what Limit Form was for KH2. Also we see that not only sonic blade and stun impact make a return but ars arcanum as well(if your looking at the trailer on IGN its the 0:42 mark as a finish command) which makes me think welcome back ragnarok and zantetsuken and as finish commands. Since there are multiple finish commands for one form then maybe you can customize which ones you can use in the menu like abilities(just speculation).
-We see Goofy and Sora do a combo move which is possibly? a link between the two of them like that charge attack in the last demo.
-Shotlocks can be used with or without drives and we'll probably be getting maybe 1 or 2 per world seeing as how this one looks to be very Olympus based (or they will be connected to the keyblade like transformations).
-Hercules is an additional party member to Donal and Goofy so hopefully other worlds will be the same.
-Flowmotion is pretty much there from the beginning and will be used for moving through areas kinda like on rails in DDD, but the best part is it looks like you can combo in flowmotion and not ONLY use flowmotion attacks like in DDD(possiby transition from movement to attack back to movement). Fingers crossed.
-Sora will get the finish commands for magic like Aqua did in 0.2(She got -ja and we get -za). We only see fire, blizzard and thunders but I assume aero and the other attacking ones as well.
-Running up walls(i forget what those were called in 0.2) looks and feels soooooo much smoother than in 0.2 and the transition from the movement to attacking Rock Titan makes me excited for the depth for boss fights.

STORY:
-We start off in Olympus and in some parts you can see Sora in his KH2 outfit even during scenes like with Rock Titan so maybe once you beat all the titans you'll get your new garbs(maybe not from the fairies but made by the Gods of Olympus?)
-Disney villian will have more involvement in the world and overall KH3 story more like KH1. Also hoping for big boss fights with all of them specifically HADES!!!! Also will we get a real Dragon Maleficent fight by the end of the game cause I hope so.
-Maleficent and Pete are looking for Master of Master's Black Box by the time they get to Olympus, which we assume is the first world in the game. How does she know about the box and does that have to do with her appearance in KHX ending? Also, seems like Pete grew some balls the way he talks to Hades.
-Xemnas and Ansem S.O.D. are in Twilight Town interfering with Sora and co. Do they retain DDD memories and what happened in between that game and now to them?
-Talk about Roxas coming back, although it could be trailer hype and villian trolling but I think it is foreshadowing what will happen later in the game.

Now for my quick thoughts. I thought since the chess match we get in the E3 trailer that Sora and Master Xehanort(or whoever is pulling the strings *cough* braig *cough*) will have a huge final boss battle in the true Kingdom Hearts but in a similar way to BBS final boss fights where Master Xehanort will try to corrupt Sora to darkness the whole game and transfer his heart at the last minute over to him and have this huge inner fight while Riku and co. battle a possessed Sora struggling within and this scene between Sora and Xemnas makes me think that may actually happen. Also calling that by the end of the game Sora will be the new wielder of the Goatblade in some way, meaning he may get rid of it for good or that is what the new saga will be based on after the Xehanort Saga.

So what do you all think about the trailer and what other things did I miss from it (Just the story and gameplay the rest are my own personal thoughts and speculations nothing concrete or substantional).

KH2Rulz

Awards
There's actually so much info in this trailer, it's great. Here's a semi-compilation of my thoughts:

Keyblade Transformations
If it wasn't obvious already, Transformations are triggered as Situation Commands (SCs). They are also dependent on the Keyblade you have equipped. Furthermore, finishing off a normal attack combo (enough to fill the three arrows at the top of the Command Menu) is basically enough to allow you to trigger an SC Transformation.

Furthermore, filling up the combo arrows while in a Transformation boosts the Finish 'time limit' (or rather the time left in a Transformation) a little bit.

Counter Shield:
- obviously from the Olympus world's Keyblade
- you can see attack briefly become Counter Slash just before the fists hit. Whether it's related to the fists or not... Not sure yet.
- fists clearly use up Focus. Focus rationing is probably going to be important, much like Critical in 0.2
- attack chain is obviously different from base Sora. Interestingly, one of Sora's attacks is very reminiscent of Aqua's Spellweaver lunge attack (with the spinning shield instead of Aqua's spinning magic)
- it's possible that the thunder-y attack in the hallway is Counter Shield's AoE finisher. I don't think it's magic because the shortcut menu doesn't appear and no MP is used. Also, in both JP and ENG trailers, the Heartless have just recovered from flinching, implying a recent hit
- I have a strong feeling Counter Shield's Finish move is the chariot.
- Counter Shield's Shotlock is evidently different from the dual guns we've seen before. This would suggest that each Transformation has its own unique 'Unleash' Shotlock

Second Form:
- a riff of Limit Form except Sora transforms into his KH2 version and uses Limits as well as KH2 moves
- we clearly see Aerial Finish and Magnet Splash. We also see Hurricane Period - Sora actually uses three finishers in a row during the magnet splash sequence
- Stun Impact/Sonic Rave/Ars Arcanum are Finish commands for Second Form. By filling up the three combo arrows, you progress up from Stun -> Sonic -> Ars. You see this clearly in the ENG version just before Sonic Rave - Stun Impact turns into Sonic after the combo arrows fill up
- the Transformation into Second Form is a clear riff of the Drive transformation sequence, just without the bubble. It also knocks enemies back and most likely deals damage. Uncertain if it heals Sora. Probably not.
- just before Sonic Rave starts, Attack turns into Rave on the Command Menu. However, the rest of the 'raves' are just normal 'Attack'. Not sure what the significance of this is.

General Gameplay
- Dive Attack can be seen just before Sora...dive attacks in the beginning. It seems 'Attack' is becoming a lot more contextual
- You can see Flash Step in the JP trailer just before Sonic Rave
- Sora does an interesting launcher move just before Sonic Rave. It kinda resembles Aerial Dive but the enemy is on the floor and it launches them upwards
- You can see Aerial Spiral being used in the JP trailer in the fight to the Rock Titan against one of the aerial enemies.
- JP trailer has an interesting launching finishing move where Sora uses a burst of light to launch enemies into the air. Probably a variant of Holy/Finishing Leap. You can see the Blitz finisher in both versions as well.
- Enemies (and Sora in a way) have a lot more aerial hang time than KH2. One of the minotaur-y enemies visibly hangs in the air for a second during Aerial Finish
- Herc is present with Donald and Goofy and has a HP bar. This is also in the hallway/room place, implying we have guests + D + G in a world!
- Sora and Goofy team-up attack is interesting. There's no UI prior to it, so it's difficult to say whether it's a Link attack or an SC. I have a feeling it's an SC but no proof.

Flowmotion
- only brief glimpses of it here. FlowMo attacks seem much faster and less animation which is brilliant.
- the JP trailer shows a glimpse of FlowMo glide or air dash
- interesting that the blue sparks don't surround Sora when running up the wall, only when past the rim. Not sure of significance.

There's probably a lot more. Not much story-wise to dissect really. Graphics on Hades and the environment look fantastic, Sora's eyes are still a little off, don't like the leather fabric in the engine.

Good trailer. Excited for the next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back