• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts 3: Maleficent’s Grand Return

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cids Spear

Disclamer: All characters, terms, weapons, and other such things belong to Square-Enix, Disney, and Pixar. Only ideas not made by these firms are my own.

Prologue

There are times in the world when things that happen are so bizarre that they are best ignored. It’s not because they are too traumatic, exciting, or silly, but they are simply too hard to understand. The event in question feels weird, yet also feels perfectly typical of average, everyday life. With two opposites occupying the same time period, it’s no wonder these happenings are looked down on.

The people of Destiny Island experienced just that 3 years ago. It was an average summer day with the high waves and the blistering heat. The fish yields were as plentiful as ever for the season. Children abandoned their chores and schoolwork for surfing, blitzball, castle-making, and other outdoor activities. It could not have been anymore of a normal day.

But when night fell, all signs of the ordinary ceased.

It was an event of great terror. It wasn’t the violent tropical storm that had all the islanders shaking in pain and despair. (They always expected them to happen that time of year.) No, it was something quite extraterrestrial and supernatural that had everyone shaking in his or her shoes. In fact, “they” would be a far better term than “it” since it was group of strange creatures. They were as small as a child, had bug-like antennae, and had glowing cat-yellow eyes that stood out against their pure black body. Alone, they were nasty, slashing with their nail-sharp claws.

In groups, however, they were instant death in mere minutes.

The invasion would climax a few minutes after it began. For then a large and snake-like gust of wind poured out, blowing coconuts of palm trees and making windows violently rattle. Birds were blown backwards and other creatures as well. Then the gale suddenly stopped. After a few calm seconds, the ground rumbled, as if giants were rapidly hopping up and down. Then, a great burst of purple, black and blood red energy blasted forth from the earth, releasing a cacophony of horror and despair. It literally appeared that the gates of Hell were opened, unleashing a hoard of all the greatest evil into the cosmos.

A great many of houses, trees fishes, screaming inhabitants, boats, and other things were launched miles into the sky. Then the lava of evil that launched them condensed into a ball. It began to pull all remaining earthbound objects into its deadly center. Then, another black demon, albeit a giant one with a beard, appeared to taunt the terrified.

Then, all went white.
Seemingly moments later, everyone awoke from that event. To their shock, everything looked mended and repaired of their tranquil environment, as if the night’s events were all dream. Yet it seemed so real to them all and some inhabitants felt pains in various ways, in which the top doctors could not explain. The only person who seemed calm about the whole affair was the mayor’s foster daughter, Kairi. This emotion was labeled to her since she didn’t join the frantic conversations in the weeks that followed. But she still looked up at the sky, as if waiting for someone.

It was during these topics that all islanders realized two young men were missing. One was Riku, a boy who lost his parents to the sea and lived with his legendary fisher of a grandfather. The other, the people did not remember at all, but still felt that he had walked among them. The topic of them dropped for a year, and islanders went back to living.

Then, for some unexplained reason, the two young men reappeared. The boy no one remembered had resurfaced nearly weeks earlier, as if a divine mallet bopped them on the head. The boy’s name was Sora. His mother was quickly thrown into a great sorrow and stopped her work as a bookstore owner until his mysterious homecoming.

When both Riku and Sora showed up, the whole island community quickly followed them around for the next three weeks, asking them where they’d run off to and why. When they tried to explain, the strange night event (now known as the “Mass Nightmare”) was brought up. They spoke of a strange adventure, filled with “Keyblades”, “Nobodies”, “Heartless”, “Gummi Ships”, “Princesses of Heart”, some “Organization XIII”, and other gibberish. The boys were thought of as lunatics, who made up lies to cover up their real reason of exodus. The parents did all they could with punishments, restrictions, and hard chores to make them pay for what they did.

Two years passed since their return. The boys were entering their last year of high school and all hoped that once they entered the “real world”, they’d have sense knocked into them. They would wipe the slate clean and tell the truth.

They’d get the truth. But they wouldn’t like it.

Note: This will also be posted on FanFic.net. Come down and see it.

Last edited:

Cids Spear

Chapter 1: Truth of a Liar

“SORA! SOOOOORRRAAAAA!!! YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO GET UP OR I’LL HAUL YOU OUT! I’M NOT KIDDING, MISTER!”

This was not an uncommon greeting for the morn since returning two years before. Sora was already used to this and he knew it would happen as soon as he plummeted back into the familiar sea. Well, “plummet” was not a word anyone believed, so they constantly would say “Wrong, naughty Sora! People don’t fall out of the sky like that!” in a singsong way with a mix of sarcasm and disgust. His schoolmates, however, where not guilty of slamming these messages (In fact, stares and giggles was the worst he faced from them.) No, it was the adults, always thinking of teenagers as emotional hooligans just saying things for a response. It was an adult’s duty to respond harshly if said response was unrealistic or just plain stupid.

Sora’s explanation was dubbed both.

He told them how he was swept off the island during the Mass Nightmare and was revealed to be the wielder of the Keyblade, a mystical key-shaped sword that could open or close any lock. He told how he fought with a mage named Donald Duck and a knight named Goofy against beings called Heartless, the same black creatures of the Mass Nightmare.

He explained how they were drawn to the darkness in hearts and would consume those hearts. The stolen hearts then became Heartless with a pinch of darkness. He also gave them a reason why everything appeared normal after the Mass Nightmare. Destiny Islands was overwhelmed by the Heartless and consumed in darkness after the world’s “heart” was consumed. It only returned to normal after Sora sealed someplace called Kingdom Hearts, the “heart” of all “worlds.”

The worlds were another interesting aspect of the boy’s tall tale. He claimed he’d visited various vistas floating in the heavens through a “gummi ship.” They were not planets in the astronomical sense since they seemed to revolve around a limited area. (Most islanders thought they lived on some sort aquatic moon since the whole world was isles and oceans.) So each “world” had various environments and styles of living. Sora spoke of swimming with mermaids, seeing palaces of sultans, fighting with pirates, living in a computer, swinging on vines in jungles, and other things boys tend to create in make-believe. This thinking made the notion of running away more appealing to everyone, so everyone accepted it.

As Sora awoke from his abrupt wake-up call, he turned to the right of his wooden bed towards the small mirror on his iron stool. He looked very much the same since he came home two years before. His eyes were blue like the sea and the sky; a perfect match to his adventurous nature and love of freedom. Yet his hair represented the earth he was held to, brown as mud with spikes here and there. It was as if the mud reached some crystals on an outcropping.

After looking at his never-ending image, he sluggishly made a left turn out of his bed and head towards the bathroom to the north of his bed. He did a typical routine that now hammered into his life everyday. It went like this: get a shower, brush your teeth, get dressed for school, have breakfast and then out the door. It was not that Sora hated doing this, it was just too typical. As he was turning the faucet of his shower towards a warm temperature, he thought, as he always had for the last 2 years, how more interesting his mornings were on his adventures. He might converse with his comrades or awaken facing a monster on his campsite that needed slaying. Sure, it may have caused despair and a fear of certain death, but it was at least suspenseful and not boring or linear, like right now.

After his hygiene routine was over with, Sora changed into his high school uniform. He really hated them. It wasn’t putting them on that was bad; it was wearing them in the hot, coastal sun. Although it didn’t sweat him like a pig, his white dress shirt was still quite sticky on his back. The plaid tie with white and dark blue lines in a sea of light blue was tight and choked him somewhat, making speech a bit of a hassle on the throat. The dark blue dress pants weren’t that bad actually, thanks to the cool sea breeze. The tight black shoes painted in shiny leather, however, felt quite tight and gave his toes little freedom to wander. In all, Sora felt trapped in a tight space, his clothing easily representing pure bondage like a prisoner.

Now fully dressed, Sora casually walked down the brown stairs, feeling the rough yet soothing railings as he descended. There at the bottom of the stairs waited his mother, garbed in a yellow silk bathrobe and wearing a magenta towel on her head. Her electric-blue eyes flashed a display of annoyance with bit of calmness.

“Well hurry along now! To the kitchen! This isn’t ‘explore-as-you-please’ time you know.” the mother scolded with lowered brows.

“Yes, Mom, I know the drill,” a robotic Sora blurted, ignoring the ‘explore’ comment with a simply walk to the table. “It’s been two years since I came home and I can’t believe you haven’t given my getaway a rest. I doubt I’ll be running away any time soon.”

“Really now?” his mother questioned with arms crossed. “If what you say is true, then how come I hear you scream ‘Donald, Goofy!’ and ‘The Keyblade.’ at night. Dreams that frequently occur are based on all aspects of life, you know.”

“Huh? What do mean by that?”

“Isn’t it obvious, Sora?” said his mother, now moving towards the pot on the stove. “You obviously have some urge to go on an ‘adventure’ again. It doesn’t sound surprising in least, with you heading towards adulthood and having urges of freedom. I had this too when I was your age. However…” She now paused for a second, slowy floating her hand towards a mixing spoon. As soon as she touched it, she pulled towards the pot and stated loudly, “But even I knew better than to run away from my home and cause an uproar! Even better, I didn’t do it during a mass PANIC!!!” These were spoken with each revolution of the spoon.

“Mass Nightmare, Mom.” Corrected a very bored Sora. These daily dramas for him got old after a month from his return.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” She said in a calm yet serious tone. “Point is, you ran away for nearly a year and until you’re off on your own. Now you suffer my wrath. For a reminder, here’s breakfast!”

She now plopped down on the table a steaming hot bowel. In it was a mucky, bubbling mass of booger-like slop. It was the color of Soras skin, with some white bumps to match the description. But it smelled of apple and cinnamon, so Sora guessed it wasn’t deadly. He scooped some up and popped into his mouth.

“Now what do you have to say about punishment?” questioned Sora’s mom with a look of comedic anticipation.

“Umm… This is really good oatmeal?” replied a full-mouthed Sora.

His mother sighed in defeat. “I thought for sure you would hate my barrage of unpleasant breakfast meals. Last week, I made porridge and yet you still didn’t feel down.” His mother suddenly changed from defeated to victorious. “But it’s still crap compared to meals I made before. I bet you long for the taste of jelly! You still mentally beg for bacon and eggs! You crave for the taste of cereal! I even think you plead for pancakes while in bed! I-“

“Bye, Mom.” Said a very annoyed and distant Sora. Already he had his backpack on and was slowly jogging towards the door.

“H-hey, wait! I would suggest getting back, young man! I haven’t even discussed my daily lesson with you. Optional, yes, but-“

SLAM!

Sprinting as fast as he could. Sora quickly ran across the pumice pathway. He soon arrived at the dirt road leading towards the main village. Rows of wood and stone houses stood on both sides, with a palm tree here and there. Already, the light of the sun made the mountain ahead look yellowish-green. A couple of kids were already heading towards it, skipping as they went. The wind was light, making Sora’s tie flap to the right. He was just about to follow the kids when a voice from behind asked, “Your mom giving early lectures again, Sora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back