• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII Opening Speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

edtheiii

Well, this might be kind of a dumb thing to speculate about… but I’m going to do it anyway. So, we know that what we just saw at E3 is going to be the intro to KH3, except with more bits. More than likely then, it is going to lead into the intro song by Utada Hikaru. What I think is most likely to happen is that the intro song will take place during the chess match, and the chess match itself will depict the different conflicts between light and dark up to this point in the series.

Let me digress for a bit. When watching the trailer, you can see that there are duplicates of some of the pieces. The more obvious ones to notice are Ansem: Seeker of Darkness, Terra, and Vanitas. But by the end of the match, there aren’t any visible duplicates remaining. It is my opinion that these duplicate pieces are of characters that have already been “defeated” at least once in the series already.

So, every time they show Eraqus or Xehanort taking a piece from the other player, the intro will cut away to a CG cutscene of the battle it represents. For instance, the first piece taken might be a Vanitas piece taking a Ventus piece, and then the Aqua piece will take the Vanitas piece, etc. Meanwhile we’ll be shown the actual battle between Ventus and Vanitas, then the Aqua vs Venitas fight. By the end, the 7 lights vs the 13 darknesses will be remaining (which everyone pretty much agrees on).

The intro isn’t likely to give too much away about what’s actually going to occur during the game, so I think it’s likely that they turn it into a cinematic recap. What does everyone else think?

BTW, I’m a forum newbie, so if I did something wrong, let me know.

Anagram

Banned
Some of the duplicate pieces may represent the time warping? Or perhaps one guardian piece is Ansem while another is say Terranort?

edtheiii

Some of the duplicate pieces may represent the time warping? Or perhaps one guardian piece is Ansem while another is say Terranort?

But aren't we pretty sure that the chess game ends with 13 pieces on the dark side and 7 on the light side and that at the end of the game there is only one copy of the guardian piece? (note I could be wrong about these two facts, as they're just what I've picked up from speculation threads)

If so, why were there more than 13/7 to start with?

If they represented extra characters, then what is the significance of their removal from the chess board?

These questions might very well be answerable, but I'm usually of the mind that the simplest conclusion is usually the correct one, and the idea that the duplicate pieces are just there so that one will be left after a matching one is taken off the board just seems a lot cleaner.

Anagram

Banned
7 and 13 is the clash for the Xblade but I dont think it was ever said allying forces can't partake in that struggle as well. The removal and placing on the chessboard is allusion to the course of the series. How certain Xehanorts and certain heroes have both appeared and vanished throughout the series.
Them all being back on the board again at the end only shows the return of what was missing. Sora restoring people and Xehanort cheating time itself to gather what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back