• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI makes a KH game! Sub-Topic: SOPA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxyoumo14

Now im not involved in the development of the fan game but i am very exited to see where it goes.

My concern is how The Stop Online Piracy Act will affect it.
For those who dont know what it is:Stop Online Piracy Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as i understand this law only affects sites that host copyrighted content.
An while i know that every aspect of the fan game is gonna be made from scratch,
the fact that is this game is based on at least "ideas and concepts" that are, as far as i understand, proprietary to disney and SE.

i am aware that the disney movies based on fairy tales dont really count as they are rooted on open source material. but the concepts such as kingdom hearts and nobodies, the characters like tron and milo from atlantis; those are owned by disney.
as far as i understand if this act were to pass (and it probably will) the game wouldnt be possible. regardless of the fact that its non-profit. and while its most probable that a cease and desist order would be the result. this act may cause a lawsuit or may even cause khi to shut down.

by no means do i claim to know how copyright law works so if im wrong in any way please correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back