• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kh3 theories and speculation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Rancour

In the last couple days, I’ve read a lot of kh3 theories. some are brilliant. Some are not. Please read this and tell me which camp I fall into.

Zexion's/ Ienzo's weapon: could be the Keyblade of the "present world" mentioned in the Ansem reports, but that feels too obvious (although that may be what Nomura wants us to think). A theory I’ve heard that I think makes more sense is a suggestion made by NGD Omega: it's an anti Keyblade, or antikey. An antikey would be the weakness of a Keyblade, possibly even created during the Keyblade war to fight against them. This is pure speculation.

Note on Keyblades:
 inverted=Mickey=darkness
 kingdom key=Sora=light
 way to dawn=Riku=in-between
 present Keyblade=Ienzo?=present (“present” may not be the actual name of the world, it is just what Xehanort called the world he was in while writing the reports)
Kairi’s Keyblade is probably not a true Keyblade. I believe that it was a temporary Keyblade that Riku gave her to defend herself with. It could have been made with similar powers to whatever creates the extra Keyblade when Sora enters valor, master or final. My evidence? When Sora, Mickey, and Riku unlock kingdom hearts to go in and fight Xemnas, she does nothing. Even if this is because she had no idea what to do, shouldn’t the Keyblade have enabled her to unlock it instinctively (no one had to teach Sora how to use his Keyblade for unlocking).

The other theory that my theory grew from is a rumor I’ve seen in several other threads: the world in the secret movie is called the sacred place of light (SPL for short). This is where the Keyblades are stored when masters/wielders are not carrying them. The countless extra keychain-free Keyblades are summoned to the wielder’s hand when the Keyblade’s equipped keychain is changed.

. The Keyblade war could have been between the knights in the movie, who IMO are Keyblade masters, and some as-yet unseen entity that is possibly allied with the new enemy. The entity may be a power-hungry world trying to take over other worlds. Another possibility: the new enemies are lone souls that conquer worlds in search of bodies to house them. The other side would be the keyblade masters and any worlds that are aware of the existence of other worlds.

The evil entity creates the antikeys to combat the Keyblades. The antikeys are given to people, who are then dubbed chasers because they must hunt and fight the Keyblade masters. The antikeys are used to seal the Keyblades’ ability to change, so they now appear without keychains. The knights are stuck with the Keyblades they had equipped when the sealing happened. In addition, they are cut off from the power of the true Keyblades (kingdom, dawn, inverted, present). Since they need the true Keyblades’ powers, the knights decide they must travel to the SPL to retrieve the true Keyblades.

On the way, they become separated. This is why they approach the crossroads where the true Keyblades are resting from different sides. The present Keyblade is missing because its master has betrayed the knights and has sided with the antikey forces, so they unsealed his Keyblade. This would make him the first of the lost two. In the movie, the knights look down the road that he should have came from and see the shadowy figure approaching. It could be a chaser, a high-ranking lone soul, or their former ally.

The other member of the lost two would be another keyblade master that defects to the antikey side, or that dies in battle (who says they were both lost to the same thing?). Xehanort would be one of the lost two, which is why he had no memories upon turning up at Ansem’s castle.

Lastly is why I think Nomura said the movie took place in the past, but could also be thought of as in the future. This scene literally took place in the past. Saying it also coulod be thought of as the future is a metaphor. Something similar will happen again, possibly even a second keyblade war, that would force Sora, Riku, and Mickey to travel to the SPL to retrieve their true keyblades, proving them as true keyblade masters in the process.

Any questions, comments, criticism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back