• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH1 Monstro: Missing scene or bad memory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I remember playing KH1 in early 2000s and once decided to skip Monstro and go to Hollow Bastion. After returning to Monstro, I somehow remember a scene with Riku in his black outfit and Ansem-Riku voice making an appearance there. I recently watched a video which showed that there is an alternate scene but it is not Ansem-Riku and he does not wear the black. I searched the web and couldn't find the other one.

Am I remembering wrong (like really wrong)? Or does this exist in maybe the PS2 version only or the non-final mix? I know I kept a PS2 save on my memory card back then because I thought that was so interesting, but I would have to go to my parents' house to test it (or buy a PS2). If anyone remembers, maybe save me the trip because this is really bothering me.

Thanks.

Chie

Awards
Well, it is supposed to be Ansem-Riku, he just doesn't have the voice or outfit, so your brain probably filled that info in in your memory since it would have made more sense for him to have those.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Here’s the main differences that happens in the alternate Monstro scenes:

- Sora questions if it’s actually Riku before he runs off with Pinocchio.
- Riku isn’t waiting for Sora to ask if him if he actually wants to save Kairi(because she’s probably saved by this point) before Pinocchio screams
- Riku does not fight the Parasite Cage alongside Sora
- Riku just leaves after Gepetto begs him to give back Pinocchio
- the following scene:

-and finally, Sora doesn’t call out for Riku after Donald says to “Run!” after defeating the Parasite Cage.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Well, it is supposed to be Ansem-Riku, he just doesn't have the voice or outfit, so your brain probably filled that info in in your memory since it would have made more sense for him to have those.
This is what I feared most, and was my initial thought but I figured I would ask anyway. Although I don't think it is Ansem-Riku yet because these scenes are apparently accessed after Sora gets captured by Captain Hooks ship, meaning the standoff on Hollow Bastion may not have happened yet.

So I think you're right, my memory is unreliable. Still, I want to triple-check when I get the chance.

Maybe it's Riku's nobody.
Yeah, or a replica, but most people say Riku never became a heartless. I guess we don't really know what happened there. Xehanort's Heartless possessed Riku's body, but after he stops him from attacking Kairi, Riku was suddenly in the realm of darkness. Similar to anyone who became a heartless.

Last edited:
Back