• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchigoNeko

So a new chapter will be up tomorrow? Or soon?

...And that would be really really mean to kill him off now. But you are the writer, so I guess we'll see...

I

The Show Must Go On
I'd be too scared to let him die. I'd be lynched by you guys. *quivers*

<3

Damn strait you will. Lokeh can neva die!

Okay, maybe he can... But he has to die a good death and Sora must be horribly maimed in the process! 'Tis the only way I shall be satisfied.

No, really, do what you want, just keep it epic.

KEEP THE LOKI FUN ALIVE!

giuocob

Some stories belong in children's bookstores. Some stories belong in public libraries. But this stories does NOT belong on the third page of this forum.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Thanks everyone. *hands out Loki squeak-toys* ... lol.

A chapter. Finally. D:

Chapter Eighty-Five

Biting his lip, Loki knew he had to make his decision soon. Sable looked blankly at him, shivering with pain every now and then. Just gazing into her fearful eyes, shimmering through the darkness with an apprehensive glow, he simply could not resist her any longer.

Worse still was when she pleaded with him.

“Listen to Orexein,” she whispered, voice filled with sombre tremors as she gestured to the old man. He shied away, as if to give them a moment of privacy. Her cold, tiny hands found Loki‘s; warm, and comforting against her skin. A sigh found its way from her chest. “I suppose it is not my decision to make, but…”

“But?” he purred softly, warming her hands with his own. His gaze spoke all his lips would never say - he wanted to know her opinion on the matter before this went any further; he would not decide against her. The thought of doing so would not even cross his mind at this stage.

“But,” she continued, “I’d…” She sighed heavily, avoiding his gaze for a moment. Her eyes then jumped back to his - it seemed she’d taken a deep breath, ready to go on. “Loki, I’d… I would leave.” Her head shook slowly as she spoke. “I know it has taken you so long, and you have worked so hard to do this for Mikado, but…”

Sable took a long, ponderous pause, prompting Loki to impatiently repeat her final words. The look in his eyes was not of frustration, but more one of keenness, a sort of eagerness to hear her opinion. She smiled slightly, using her free arm to hold herself.

“I suppose it is selfish of me to think so,” she sighed, her smile fading with every word. Her eyes found his, and their locked gaze prompted her to sigh once more; the breath longing, and forlorn. “Just now, with Sora - he nearly killed you, Loki.” She tried to ignore the ‘what if?’ racing though her mind at this point, but her struggle was fruitless. Strain showed through her weakened body. “I can’t… I can’t do it.”

“Can’t do what?” Loki questioned softly, drawing her closer. He was so tender and gentle when he wanted to be. Sora looked at him, bemused when he made such careful motions, his giant body taking her tiny form into his arms. Sable nuzzled closer to his chest, his scent filling her air.

“Loki, I can’t bear to see you get that close to dying,” she whispered, obviously picking up on her earlier lack of clarity. Emotion filled her voice. “I saw him leap at you, and I thought you were done for. Just the thought of you being so close to death makes me - ”

She trailed off at that point, raising her hands to her face.

“Shh,” he whispered, anxious at hearing her cries. She seemed so exhausted, nothing like the usual girl he knew and loved.

Perhaps the situation had drained her so much more than he’d ever thought. Looking back, it was obvious. For days now, they had sat there in the moonlit darkness, awaiting the moment that Sora would arrive, with one goal, and one goal only - destroying Loki. He could only begin to imagine how tense Sable had felt for every moment that clawed itself past. No wonder she’d leapt from her spot, frightened by every sudden noise that resonated its way through the halls. She’d been petrified that whole time.

This must have escalated even more when he and Sora had duelled - well, he knew it must have; she’d been so scared for him that she’d thrown herself forward, potentially to her death, all to save his life. Her façade, her supposed acceptance of the idea of his death, all of it had been a lie. He had believed it. He had thought she’d been strong enough to cope with the idea, but, perhaps, she needed his support more than ever. He should have guessed, after the night she’d entirely broken down. Slightly guilty about not noticing this weakness earlier, he tightened his grip around her as she tried to embrace his chest.

“It’s alright,” he purred, letting her move even closer than before. He smiled, noticing that his cloak was still draped around her. He stroked her silky hair. “Thank you for what you did, Sable.” Finding his face, she smiled through her tears.

“You would have done the same for me,” she said softly in response. She couldn’t resist a little joke. “I’m surprised you didn’t beat Sora senseless afterwards.”

He smiled, drying a tear that dribbled down her cheek.

“Some things are more important than that,” he commented serenely. Sable smiled, burying herself into his shoulder.

He’d made his decision now, he was sure of it. The portrait of Mikado caught his eye for a moment, prompting his smile to soften. Giving it a nod, he then looked to Sable. She seemed delighted with his decision, despite the little change in her expression; yet, the joy in her eyes was enough to convince him.

“You’re making the right decision,” Orexein nodded to him as the man rose to his feet. Loki nodded at the observation, loosening his hair. The ebony locks fell down his back.

“I know,” he replied, whispering. He then looked down at Sable, reaching out a hand to help her off the floor. She graciously accepted his efforts, falling into his arms as she stood with him. “What Kali said to me… it got to me.”

“What?” Orexein questioned, getting up himself. He hadn’t known what had gone on; being downstairs, with Koma, he had missed the scenario with Jinn.

“Judging from what Kali said to me,” Loki began, “I don’t think Mikado would be mad at me for quitting.” His fingers wandered the hair at Sable’s nape, enticing a pleased smile from her. “Not if I quit for Sable. He would understand.”

Taking Loki’s word for it, Orexein simply nodded, knowing that he’d reveal all some other time. Now was not the time for explanation. The old man could hardly believe what he was seeing, at that moment. Yes, this was the conclusion he’d wanted, but he’d never have believed this unless he’d seen it with his own eyes.

Reluctance showing in his expression, and every minute movement, Loki paced towards Sora, a bitter frown clinging to his face. Every footstep felt like an eternity. He was doing this for Sable, but he could not hide the anger he felt - not at having to quit; more of having to let Sora win without a fight. He despised the man. Thoughts rushed through his mind, removing themselves as tiny beads of sweat upon his furrowed brow. Sadly, with every thought that escaped, a new one quickly took its place. All these feelings grew within him; emotions of self-doubt, disbelief, anger, and, worst of all, one of defeat.

Never before had the idea of losing to the Keybearer crossed his mind - he’d shaken off Sable’s ideas of such things, though, now, it was clear she was correct - and the idea of conceding defeat to Sora would never have popped into his brain.

Shaking his head, another ominous footstep rung around him as he stepped. Mikado’s portrait found its way into his eye again. A sigh escaped him. Swallowing his pride was going to be difficult. Controlling his temper was going to be even harder. He could feel the beginning niggling sensations of sheer fury bubbling up within his chest, ready to explode at any moment.

Holding Sable in his mind was all that helped him contain such aggravation.

“Out,” he breathed, reaching Sora after what had seemed like a lifetime. He raised his voice. “Get out of here.”

Sora took a long breath, one to reassure himself before retorting towards the man.

“Not until you convince us you won’t try anything,” he said, in a low voice. Loki had been entirely distraught at Sable’s injury, but there was something in Sora’s mind that made him doubt the man, even after the intense guilt running riot through his heart. He was not the most trustworthy of men. For all he knew, once Sable had recovered, Loki would try once more to achieve Mikado’s goal.

A bewildered laugh escaped Loki’s lips. His hand found his brow, rubbing it gently in an attempt to ease the tension within himself.

“Believe me, Keyblader,” he commanded, a powerful look upon his face. His black eyes blazed with intensity. “I will not try anything.” To prove his point further, he gestured to Sable, quivering a short distance away. “You honestly think I would put her in danger again?”

Sora stood silent, his blue eyes wandering over Sable’s gaunt form, draped in that thick, black cloak. Before he could respond, Riku broke into the exchange.

“You said yourself you’d use others as pawns,” Riku insisted, a brazen look in his eyes. Loki laughed loudly, letting his hand meet with his hip. Shaking his head, he replied.

“You do not listen,” he purred. Sora suppressed a sigh; Mikado had said the same thing to him. “I stated earlier that I would never, ever use Sable, or Orexein, to get what I want.” He folded his arms. “I stand by that.” A frown furrowed his expression. “Both of them put their lives on the line for me tonight. Do not ever think that I would be cold enough to betray them after that.”

His gaze seemed to meet the floor.

“Besides,” he mumbled, continuing. A glint of his smile shimmered in the moonlight. “Let’s just say that my eyes have been opened.”

Sora nodded slowly, deciding that agreeing would be a better idea than challenging the man once more. If Loki was going to try again, chances were, he would have tried there and then. After all, it was clear he was - somehow - managing to suppress his explosive temper. Perhaps it would be best if they just left before he had a chance to lash out. Not to mention, it somehow seemed that he was entirely sincere. A man who’d already lost a person of great importance would not risk losing another after such a painful experience.

“Let’s go, Riku,” Sora said, without breaking eye contact with Loki. Riku looked at his friend, slightly bewildered. Noticing the questioning stare Riku gave, brow raised, and eyes wide, Sora furrowed his own stare. “Come on.”

It was something he never thought he’d do. For the entire journey, he’d been psyching himself up to take the man on, had been trying to prepare himself for the battle he’d been traversing towards. Now, he was walking away, without victory. Yet, he was without defeat, too. If he’d lost to Loki, he would have lost his life, as well as the battle. Turning from the man without another word, he slowly paced towards the door.

Riku did not follow.

Frowning, Sora looked to his friend, feeling the beginnings of anxiety start within his chest.

“Riku,” Sora called his name, hoping the man would move towards the doors. He could already see the start of a deeper scowl within Loki’s white face. He raised his voice. “Riku.”

The silver-haired man cast Sora a bold look, shaking his head.

“No,” he whispered sternly. Loki’s eyes widened.

“What?” he growled. He took a sharp step forward, but managed to hold himself back. Orexein seemed panicked by the sudden movement, quickly stepping a little closer to Loki.

“You heard me,” Riku frowned, fists clenching. Sora was at his side now, sweat lacing his brow. Alarm showed clear in his blue eyes. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“Take it easy,” Orexein hissed to Loki, sensing the rise in the man’s fury. “Just keep calm…”

“Come on,” Sora hissed through gritted teeth, even making a grab at Riku’s arm. The man jerked it away, shaking his head once more, throwing his stare to Loki.

“Not until he answers me,” he breathed. Loki raised an eyebrow, arms at his sides.

“What are the questions?” Loki growled, authoritative voice commanding the insolent man to respond. His stare pierced Riku’s soul. “Well?!”

“Tell me,” Riku whispered, a look of sheer disgust in his face, his turquoise eyes blazing with hideous ire. He hurled an accusing finger towards Sable. “Why would you send her to take my baby?”

Oooh. Are things about to get messy? >:3

Also, LxS…*squee* He’s so nice when he wants to be.

Comments on the writing would be great, I’m feeling rusty for some reason o.o; Well, either rusty or paranoid.

<3

T

Tyler Durden

Not bad, snowy.

The one fault was that it felt very predictable, but maybe that's just because I'm psychic.

<3

giuocob

Heh...beautiful. This story is wrapping up...beautifully. There are no other words to describe the way I feel about it, since men changed the language in the days when all the world of wonderful. (Spot the line and win a cookie!)

So...when do I get to write my alternate ending of Kairi becoming a zombie and killing everyone?

EDIT: Yes, it was predictable, but only because of the comments Snowy's been making outside of the story. If I were reading this in book format, I would have fully expected Sora to kill Loki and that would be the end. This is a really awesome ending plot turn.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Thanks giu. You can write that whenever you like. o.o xD

Thanks a lot, DK =3 I think that's what I didn't like about it, it does seem rather... Although, I think the thread gave more away than anything else; everyone - me included - didn't want Loki to get killed and stuff.

But he could still die. ~.^

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back