• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I

The Show Must Go On
Now, someone tell me why the best fic on these forums is on the second page? WTF!?!?!?! *bump*

*huggles people on the thread* We should have a party for Snowy's new chapter! Cause, you know, we've got to make it feel loved and welcome when it comes to live with the other chapters on the thread... right?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hey. I worked late, but wrote very, very little.

In short, I sorta forgot about a big essay I has to do. =3 And, although it means nothing to me, it's apparently more important than fanfiction. *shrug*

And Kya, I second that idea. I'll pay if you like.

Just don't forget the doritos and dip. ~<3

I

The Show Must Go On
*thinks* But... does that mean we have to wait for more Loki? I think Mikado might suffer from Loki withdrawl! The horror!

Doritos + dip? That's a combo I've never seen before... unless you mean salsa dip... *runs to the store to get salsa and Doritos*

*growls with frustration at the writing community as a whole*

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
^ Loki doesn't drink alcohol. It's a good job, too; I don't think he'd be a happy drunk. o_O

Aww, poor Kya *pets* One day, you shall change the world of writing forevarrrr.

Also, I has a chapter. <3

Chapter Seventy-Nine

Teardrops glistened upon his fingertips as he gently brushed their fragile sparkle from her porcelain skin.

A flutter of eyelashes expressed the disbelief she held.

Did he say that?” Sable thought to herself, lips slightly parted as she sat there, dumbfounded by his words. He seemed slightly embarrassed, head tilted just so that although it appeared he looked straight back at her, the veil of his black hair masked his dark eyes.

Loki didn’t cast these remarks offhandedly. An individual was lucky if he ever expressed some sort of slight emotion towards them. It made his sudden mumblings even more special than before.

A rumble echoed through the room. Sable’s eyes wandered to the ceiling. High above, the clouds hung heavy with snow, glowing with the ghostly aura of the moonlight, trickling down through the gaps in the sky. A sudden flash illuminated the grey skies for a moment. She felt a shiver run through her body. A storm was coming.

“Storm,” Loki burst forth tersely. Sable tilted her head back down to meet his face - startled to meet a blush of pink. A smile emerged from her face, making him quiver with embarrassment. He was clearly trying to change the subject after his tender words. “The snowfall will be heavy tonight.”

Small-talk was never his specialty. She smiled at his sudden ineptness.

“You’re right,” she smiled quietly, fingers entwined together. She gave him a long look before deciding to speak again. “That was sweet of you.”

The pink of his face swelled into a red blush, eyes wide and black against his skin.

“Oh,” he said, lip wobbling up and down, mouth speaking without words. For once, he was racking his brains for something to say. “Don’t… don’t mention it.” His head tilted to the floor again, but she intervened, cupping his chin in her dainty hands.

Gazing into his face, she smiled as she admired his dark, sultry features. The blush was slowly fading, his face resuming the pale - albeit, pleasant - shade it always was. His eyelashes fluttered as he blinked, dark eyes behind dark lashes. Their eyes met in a silent stare.

Looking at him like this, Sable felt a tear tremble down her cheek again. Even worse was the look of sheer desperation in his face as he watched the drop roll down her white cheek. He thought his words had helped her. Obviously not. Slowly - but tenderly - he raised his hands to her shoulders, gently rubbing them with his fingertips. He smiled gently as he felt the thick fabric beneath his touch; his cloak, still in her possession, days, perhaps weeks after it had been bestowed upon her. Hearing a quivered whimper, his attention quickly returned from this deviation.

Fingers slowly caressing their way up her neck, until his hands mimicked the position hers held, he stroked each cheek with an anxious motion.

“It’s alright,” he breathed, black eyes burning into hers. One hand worked its way into her hair. Tenderly, he kissed her forehead, before holding her close to his chest. “Please, don’t cry. You don’t have to worry.” He eased her away a little, and she looked at him as a child looks to a loved one for comfort, and reassurance. “I… meant what I said.” She nodded slowly, although her expression - still sorrowful - did not convince him.

“I know,” she mumbled, eyes directed towards his chest, and away from his questioning looks. “It’s just a scary thought.” A puff of laughter left his lips.

“Then do not think about it,” he suggested playfully, trying to cheer her up. It worked, for she smiled slightly, seeing his enthusiasm. “Just… don’t cry, please.” Perhaps being brave enough to voice himself would be sufficient to convince her. Taking her hands into his own, reaching up to touch her face with one, he pressed his lips to hers. “I hate to see you cry.”

Feeling a quiver inside, she could not help but smile back at him, fingers curling his long hair behind his ear.

“Why is that?” she whispered, voice still quiet with sorrow.

His eyes widened, and his expression became uncomfortable. Yet, as he thought, he knew that he had to say it. He met her gaze again, determined to prove himself to her.

“Because… I love you.”

~*~

Sora wasn’t sure what was happening to him, but he knew that the tingling in his limbs was getting stronger, his senses returning with every fleeting second. Judging from the motion he felt himself moving in, he knew he was being carried. By Orexein.

He’s stronger than he looks,” Sora concluded for himself.

One thought remained within his watery mind; one thought alone. Kairi. If he didn’t get himself out of this soon, there was a chance he wouldn’t be seeing Kairi ever again. But he just couldn’t muster the strength to struggle away, even with the motivation of her dead blue eyes, blankly staring back at him in the darkness.

Hurry up,” he urged his weak body. “Come on, Kairi needs me!

At least his hearing was returning. Slowly, but surely, sounds rang around his previously thought-encapsulated mind.

Long, choked breaths, accompanied by footsteps, ringing in the cavernous beyond. Judging from the pace, he could sense that it was only one person. He and Orexein were alone.

It could be worse,” Sora thought to himself, trying to reassure himself that he’d break free. “Still… now I know how Orexein feels.

There was a sudden rattle of metal against something solid. Then a long, eerie creak, prompting Sora to realise that they’d passed through a set of doors. The footsteps slightly increased in pace, not to mention changing in rhythm.

Stairs. After a few moments, Sora knew that he was being carried up a flight of stairs.

But… wait. What was that?

If he didn’t know any better, he’d swear that he heard the same swing of the doors again, but slightly muffled by distance. He didn’t have to listen long to know what was going on.

“Who goes there?!” Orexein growled, voice loud and booming as it echoed around them.

Sora felt a quiver of dread inside, hearing rapid footsteps approaching them. His heavy, increasingly pessimistic heart anticipated the presence of yet another member. If another member showed up, even regaining his mobility would not save him. He was strong, but he highly doubted he could defend himself against two of the beasts.

Then, as a call desperately echoed its way towards him, he felt hope surge within his frail body.

“Sora!” a familiar voice yelled, getting closer and closer with every second.

It was Riku. Riku was calling his name.

“Drop him!” another call, another voice. King Mickey was with him. Overjoyed, but without a way to express such joy, Sora felt his heart almost burst with relief.

Determined, Riku narrowed his eyes as he ran up the stone, spiral stairs, the walls and steps flickering in and out of darkness between the ominous light of blazing torches. Sora was up ahead, he knew it. He could hear Orexein’s choked cough as he tried to quicken his pace; not to mention the foul scent of cigarette smoke trailing behind him.

Then, as he turned once more, there Orexein was.

Sora was slung over one shoulder, his body limp and lifeless, held by a bony old hand. Orexein frowned sourly as he saw his two unwelcome guests, raging up towards him. Turning, he continued to run up the staircase as fast as his legs could carry him. Nearing the top, followed closely by King Mickey and Riku, he threw himself through a doorway, landing with a bump in another corridor.

“You can’t keep running!” Riku roared at the top of his lungs, flinging the doors open as he burst forward, ready to fight.

Sword drawn, he darted towards Orexein, now sprawled over the stone ground. Sora’s body had landed a short distance from him, just out of reach. King Mickey instantly made a run for him, easing him into a more comfortable position before throwing an angered glare at Orexein. Standing over the man, Riku raised an eyebrow.

“What did you do to him?” he asked, his voice stern, blue eyes blazing with wronged intensity. “Huh?”

“A simple spell,” Orexein hissed back, heaving himself to his feet with bony, ancient joints. He seemed exhausted; the combination of battle, spells, and carrying a full-grown man had obviously taken its toll. Although, something in his arrogant old face gave Riku the impression that, even now, he would not be a pushover. Picking up the anxious energy radiating from Riku, he gave a smirk. “Relax. He isn’t dead, you fool. In fact, I am almost certain he can hear us.”

His words struck Sora.

How does he know?!” he thought, desperate to let them know he was okay. Orexein continued, as if somehow knowing he’d been asked a question.

“That was a spell to drain his energy,” Orexein explained, sweeping his long white locks behind each shoulder, in a nonchalant manner, as if emphasising that an attack like this one was nothing special - asserting his superiority over these fools. “It’s temporary, but for a few minutes, he experienced a complete blackout. He could not move, could not hear, could not speak, could do nothing but think.” He breathed a sigh. “But as time passes, his senses are returning. Hearing and touch are usually the first to return, with sight and movement being last.”

Riku frowned.

“So he’s gonna wake up anytime?” he asked, bitter with his tone and expression. He scowled deeply. “He better.” Orexein gave a single nod.

“Don‘t worry,” he smirked, taking a step back. He then made a sudden dart past King Mickey, scooping Sora into his arms. The King made a grasp at him as he went, but the old man was too fast. Halfway up the corridor, he gave a long, cackling laugh, before flinging open a set of doors.

~*~

Sable could not control the smile that spread across her face, a tear trickling from her eye.

“Loki, I…” she beamed, prompting a slightly embarrassed, but pleased look from him. He raised a hand to caress her cheek. Overwhelmed, she knew exactly how she’d respond. “I love you, too.”

Overjoyed, he carefully took her into his arms, almost enveloping her into himself. She nestled close to his chest, arms thrown around him, head comfortably snuggled into his shoulder. She felt his cheek dimple with a smile as she nuzzled into him, raising her head to look at him.

“I wanted to tell you,” he stuttered, within his smile, “before they reached us.” His hands gently rubbed up and down her back, tender and loving, despite his hulking, dark form. “I’d hate for… I’d hate for anything to happen before I told you.”

Smiling, she wasted no time in pressing her lips to his, her hands finding his face, running through his long, black hair.

Time stood still around them, engulfed in one another, lost in their moonlit embrace. They did not have to speak any longer; they had reached something beyond the realms of language. Faces nuzzling together as they kissed, they knew that if they did have hearts, this would be the moment they’d breathlessly skip beats, swelling with adoration for the soul they met with. Truly, this was bliss to them.

If he was honest with himself, his fixation upon his older brother stemmed from the brotherly love he received from the man; the only type of love he’d ever experienced. All he really wanted was someone to love him for who he was, just like Mikado did. But Loki was cruel, malicious, and foul-tempered. He was vicious, vindictive, and violent. It was hard to find anyone who liked such a man. And yet… she adored him for such things. No-one had ever cared for him in such a way, terrified by his sheer power, and his dominant nature; but, these seemingly repulsive characteristics made her melt inside.

Yet, Sable knew that he was as a different person with her. While he retained all of his characteristics, he seemed to gain a different side. Yes, he was cruel. Yes, he was vicious. But here, he was so loving, and gentle. Never before had she felt so special, so truly loved by another human being. No-one had ever treated her this way - with love, tenderness, and respect. Even better was knowing that she was the single person upon any world that he would ever dote upon in such a manner. No-one else would get the slightest quiver of emotion from him, yet, he was happy to express his love to her. She wouldn’t take this for granted, not for a moment.

Arms wrapped around her, Loki suddenly felt a pang in his chest. The contented look on his face faded into a scowl. He slowly pulled himself away from her, silent rage bubbling inside. She looked at him with an understanding glimmer in her eyes.

“They’re close,” he growled, a deep frown upon his face. Sable reached up to caress his jaw with her fingers, smiling gently. He had such a beautiful scowl.

“I know,” she whispered, slightly saddened at the interruption. But, the sooner this was over with, the sooner they would be together. Forever. At this point, it seemed she cared not whether she survived this night. Loki was right. Either way, they were going to be together for all eternity. She embraced him one last time, feeling his stubbly face nuzzling at her own.

“Everything will be alright,” he purred, reassuring. Leaning closer to her, he kissed her, lips meeting in a long, tender caress.

She pulled away, startled by a sudden clatter outside.

“The doors,” she whispered, eyes wide. The reality was dawning on her. Judging from the quivers in energy, she could tell that there was a member with them. But there was no denying it; Sora was with them.

Loki rose to his feet, protectively standing over her. Grooming his black locks behind his shoulders, he frowned as he stalked into the centre of the room, a shaft of moonlight half-lighting his features. The doors flung open.

It was time.

Zomg, cliffeh. I haets doing the two-sided thing. >.>;

There’s a short piece of music… like, 35 seconds long, written especially for an advertisement here in the UK a few years back. I found it doing an assignment for school. (Which I found out, I have to complete over the summer. D= Silly school.) I’ll find a link with it on so you guys can listen… it really, really inspired the Loki x Sable part.

Oh, and Otherworld, from the FFX OST. But that was more for the fight scene. ~.^[/musiciused]

I kinda like the chapter. I like the fighting, but I feel the LxS is lacking in something. *shrug*

<3

giuocob

Lacking is the LAST word I would use to describe any of your chapters, Snow. >_>

In my opinion, this is some of the best fluff you've written so far. And yeah, the cliffy is pretty cruel...can't wait for the next chapter!

Keyblade_King

Great Chapter as Always Snow...*cricket chips for three minutes*............................................*kills Cricket* Dam*n you Jiminy! Shut-Up!

j/k, but seriously, great Chapter as always Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back