• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Movie Project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper_A

Website
www.sidestreamnetwork.net
This is a "repost again", or a "2nd repost", or a "3rd post" or a "repost of a repost of a post", or whatever you want to call it... But this is primarily for those who have been keeping an eye on the project.

---==START TOPIC==---
Kingdom Hearts is a great game for the PlayStation2 by SquareSoft (now called Square-Enix) and Disney. I am currently working on a project to turn the game into a movie by trying to eliminate "game elements" so that non-gamers can also enjoy the "movie" without having to play through the whole game. This webpage contains all the specifications of the project and its status.
About the project, I want it to be perfect. I don't want any compromise on the quality. And allow me to say this... I won't abandon the project even if no one is going to buy it. I started the project not with "customers" in my mind, but with "completion" of the project. I wanted to give the people I know the chance to experience Kingdom Hearts even if they don't have gaming consoles and/or if they don't want to play it. The idea of "selling" it just came about when some people took interest in it (in real life and on the 'net). And because I just cannot give things for free (because they cost me money), you can go figure things out. =)
To the gamers/Kingdom Hearts players out there... What I'm essentially doing is that I'm recording everything from the game. That includes "walks", "battles", "text conversations", cutscenes, FMVs, and all the elements that contribute to the story. I am not just "gathering all the cutscenes" and making them all into one big movie. I hate that kind of project, it's too easy, and it doesn't provide the full storyline. You can email me for any more inquiries regarding how the project is done.

-=CURRENT PROJECT STATUS (refer to the website for more updated status)=-
**DVD Menu : 100%
00. Title/Opening Credits/Introduction : 100%
01. Destiny Islands : 100%
02. Traverse Town : 100%
03. Wonderland : 100%
04. Coliseum : 100%
05. Deep Jungle : 100%
06. Traverse Town (part 2) : 100%
07. Agrabah: 100%
08. Monstro: 100%
09. Atlantica: 99%
10. Halloween Town: 70%
11. Neverland: 0%
12. etc etc etc: n/a

Current movie length (as of all completed parts): 02:52:01 (h:m:s)
Current number of discs (as of all completed parts): 2
Current completion rate (estimate only): 55%
Estimate number of discs (projection): 4

Video format: DVD (All Region), MPEG2, 720x480, 6000kbps VAR

---==END TOPIC==---

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Re: KH Movie Project (repost again because of forum errors)

hmm sounds interesting, how much will it be going for when your finished with it? I think it would be nice to have the whole story of Kingdom Hearts 1 to watch and show friends rather then playing through the game to show friends lol.

W

within_darkness

Yea how much will it cost and are you going have the another side another story a chapter? How did you get voices in and is it just a slide show... well keep the posts coming and keep us updated thx and get back to work and finish it and the (if it cheap0 i may buy a copy

S

SweetChocobo

Hey! that sounds like a pretty cool project your working on, i would definatly buy a copy. I think it would be cool though beacuse my best friend has always wanted to play it but doesnt have a ps2 and she thinks its a cool game and giving people a chance to see it is a good thing..
Keep up the good work..Kudos!!!

Viper_A

Website

Uhm... Regarding the prices, I can't tell for now... I still don't know what the full costs would be. If there is a price available already, it will definitely be on my site.

Regarding the "ASAS" question: Yes, it will (ALL relevant material will be on the DVD, just like how movies twist some ending scenes for the audience to anticipate the sequel).

Regarding the "is it just a slideshow" question: No, it isn't just a slideshow. The project is created as if the audience is "automatically playing" the game. Although I can guarantee you that the battles won't bore the audience to death. =)

And to all those who have been encouraging me about the project: thank you. =) It IS hard work, but I love it. =) It's just like martial arts. You train hard and you kinda torture yourself but you love it. =)

OT: Darned Atlantica chapter gave me a headache. It nailed me on my 55% project status.

Goofy5555

Hey I might get this >> kepp on going trucker! Anyway you gonna release screenshots of it soon? I mean if it doesnt look like you took a screenshot of the game or something >.>

Viper_A

Website

Again, I am NOT selling it. NOT selling it... Let me repeat that again: I am NOT selling it. It costs money to make, and I am NOT going to give away money (by giving my project away). I am NOT forcing anyone to buy it. I am NOT advertising it. I am NOT marketing it. I am simply finding a way of sharing this project with other people because I know there are a lot of people who are looking for this.
Think about this... You want to draw Sora up? And you want to share 'em with your friend? It's as easy as just getting a pen and paper and then sketching him up. BUT what if the paper you're using costs $20? Will you still give your drawings away just like that if 50 people wanted one?

Regarding the screenshots: It would be kinda redundant to post screenshots of what the movie will look like. You've already played the game and you already know what the game looks like. If I'll be posting screenshots, you're just going to see "in-game screenshots". I'm really, really sorry that I'm having a very difficult time thinking about how to show people how I'm working on the project (what I mean is, evidence, or "any material of believability"). Anyway, I'm still working on it. I maybe able to think about something after I'm done with it. =)

D

Door to Light

So we'd have to read in this movie right? Because some parts of the game have no voices?

Viper_A

Website

Yes, you'll have to read. Although I didn't scan through the words all too fast. I did it as if someone was voicing the characters over. (speaking speed, not reading speed)

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards

sounds kool. I believe its only illigal if your making a profit off of it right?... Im not that good with law lol..I cant wait till you finish i'll get one, i just kinda want to see like a preview of it after ur done.

Darkness_Shadow

Website
www.freewebs.com

I just want to know is it going to be something like You playing the game and just recording it on a dvd or vcr tape?

Henskie

I'm Batman

sounds pretty cool

Viper_A

Website

Darkness_Shadow said:
I just want to know is it going to be something like You playing the game and just recording it on a dvd or vcr tape?

Yes, I am kind of "playing the game and recording it on DVD". But I am editing out unnecessary elements (particularly the "game" ones that turn off most non-gamers from the story) by uh, editing. =) As you yourselves know, the movie would take at least a friggin' day (24 hours) to watch if I just "played the game and recorded it on DVD". It's like this (I know, I'm kinda getting repetitive already)... I am basically taking Kingdom Hearts, and making a movie out of it for non-gamers to watch (by using ONLY resources from the game). Heck, even the DVD menu was made to look like the "memory-card-load-game" thingy. =)

Yuffie~Kisaragi

That would be a cool thing to watch. But isn't that an infraction of copyrights or something? Even if you're not necessarily making a profit out of it...Well, watch your back then, 'cuz Square or Disney might file a lawsuit or something. Hopefully, this doesn't cross the line of copyrights. But I like the idea! If it isn't illegal, then I'd like to get a copy. You don't have any battle clips included, right? 'Cuz that would be a bore to go through. Anyways, like the idea!

Viper_A

Website

I'm done with Disc 2. Check the site out for details... I'm currently trying to complete the ending to the Kingdom Hearts movie project. I'm just having problems capturing the ending because my PS2's lens is already buggy... XP

I'm still editing things (site and movie project)... I just got home from our Wushu competition... WOOHOO!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back