• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH - CoM - KH2...Connection?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartBreakKingdom

I decided to replay CoM cuz i was freaking bored over how i could own Marluxia over and over again... And while i was replying...I noticed something in Traverse Town... Here it is:

Remember in KH...after you defeat Behemoth in Hollow Bastion? Leon , Yuffie and Aerith are sitting outside the portal waiting for you. Then Leon...or Yuffie...or Aerith...i forgot who...=P says that when you lock Kingdom Hearts or smth...all the memories of each other would be dissolved...

In CoM... none of them could actually remember remembering each other...but yet...Leon , Yuffie and Aerith could still recall each other's names....and Leon was able to recall what he , yuffie or Aerith had said...

Also...in the KH2 trailer...they show Sora and Herc sorta giving each other a five...If by sealing off Kingdom Hearts removes the memories wouldnt Herc and Sora not even remember each other so well that they can give each other fives???

Based on the information given above....i kinda think that by sealing Kingdom Hearts...not all of their of their memories...but then again...i might be wrong so please post your thoughts on this topic. And if you think that any of this could be connected to KH2...please do post! Thanks.

DarrcEnigma

I played through the original game again about a month and a half ago. And, while I did pick up on a few things I had overlooked the first few times, I don't remember them saying anything about the sealing of Kingdom Hearts "erasing memories." Restoring the walls and thus separating them, yes, but not erasing their memories or anything like that.

As far as Chain of Memories goes, I personally choose not to believe most of what was said in there. The storyline seemed to contradict itself every so often -- more so in Reverse/Rebirth than Chain of Memories. But either way, I wouldn't look too much into the "Memory Characters." They're not real, just what Sora remembers of them. And even then, what Sora remembered -- and in turn the Memory Characters -- was under the influence of Naminé from the moment he entered the castle.

Runty

They never said anything about it erasing their memories. What they did say was that the barriers between the worlds would be restored and it was likely that they would never see each other again, but their memories would remain intact.

HeartBreakKingdom

Hm...you know what....you guys are probably right...but then i seriously remember that Leon or smth said that by sealing Kingdom Hearts....they would break the bond...not see each other etc.....and then i remember hearing Yuffie saying that she would not forget Sora even if she could....doesent that mean that eventually they would have still forgotten each other? im not too sure about that though....please post thoughts. Thanks

DarrcEnigma

HeartBreakKingdom said:
Hm...you know what....you guys are probably right...but then i seriously remember that Leon or smth said that by sealing Kingdom Hearts....they would break the bond...not see each other etc.....and then i remember hearing Yuffie saying that she would not forget Sora even if she could....doesent that mean that eventually they would have still forgotten each other? im not too sure about that though....please post thoughts. Thanks

That's closer to what was said. Once the world's walls were rebuilt, travel between worlds -- even by Gummi Ship -- would be impossible. Memories fading is a natural part of aging. As you grow older, your memories of the past slowly start to fade, until you no longer remember them, and eventually forget even forgetting them in the first place. That's basically what Chain of Memories was about -- that even if Sora (or whoever) could no longer remember his friends or where he's been, they'd still hold a place in his heart. And even if they no longer remembered each other, their promise of always being friends would some how bring them together again.

From what I remember, that was the general idea behind what they were talking about.

Sora101101

cool i havent gotten that far... or my brother played while i was sleeping...

Edmpunk

lol, in kh2 leon didnt say they would forget each other. he said that after kingdom hearts was closed all the connections between the worlds would close and they couldnt see each other again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back