• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH:BBS Questions and Theories, Public Opinion Appreciated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainLatte

So after finishing the story after four straight days of play my mind is BUZZING with theories, mostly around Xehanort, of course. I'll list them as best as I can so bear with me.

- Althought the origin of Xehanort was explained more in-depth in BBS, the man himself continues to be a mystery.

My first concern with Xehanort comes after Aqua defeats him at Radiant Garden. Terra continues to fight Master Xehanort (abbrev. MX) from within to regain his body as Aqua tries desperately to help her friend. It is still unclear to me who was in control when Xehanort pulls his Keyblade on himself. But what's most interesting of all is somehow this process created an entirely new entity.

It's not Terra, nor is it MX controlling this body. This new entity is now the enigma that was found by Ansem the Wise and his apprentices and would eventually follow Ansem, himself.

But how exactly was this entity created? And what of Terra's heart? Upon contact with the Keyblade his heart should have left his body, however after watching the scene again his heart is nowhere to be seen.

Does his heart yet remain in his body? And if so, how was it able to despite being stabbed by the Keyblade?

EDIT: My mind continues to boggle and has now devised this: the apprentice Xehanort is the amnesiac Terra. Resting in the body of the amnesiac Terra is Terra's heart and MX's heart. Here's the clicker: from what I can understand from "Blank Points" the real Terra continues to struggle with MX for control of his body. But when his body (Xehanort) submits to the darkness later in the canon, whose heart became Xehanort's Heartless? If it was Terra's heart, why is he wearing MX's clothes? And if it was MX's heart, would it regain MX's elderly appearance?

Then again it may have been neither. It may have been the new entity's heart that became Xehanort's Heartless. I know your asking "how could this new entitiy create a heart of it's own?" I'm wondering the same thing. That's the beauty of it.

- And then there's the Mysterious Figure. Here we are, ten years before the events of the first Kingdom Hearts, and a figure wearing the Organization coat appears in the Land of Departure and it wants to fight.

The identity of this person is completely shrouded in mystery (pardon the pun), and the only clues we have are the person's fighting style and choice of weaponry. The figure fights with two swords identical to the swords used by Xemnas when he fights Sora at Hollow Bastion in KH:FM only they are colored blue.

Looking at the techniques he used I noticed he used a projectile-firing move similarly used by Braig/Xigbar in which he opened multiple portals to launch them through. But mainly it appears his fighting-style is based on Time. The figure uses a series of techniques that involve him stopping time when he takes damage to recover his health and using some rope (any better way of calling it?) to latch onto you after which a timer appears above you at begins to tick down from 5.

You receive a Keyblade form for beating the figure. The head of the Keyblade has a timer clock emblem etched in it.

If anybody can recall a character in the series up to this point that is related to time feel free to mention.

The figure never speaks and it's face is never shown. And with so little, it's very difficult to devise a theory, of which I have yet to postulate. However, my question is this, obviously: who is the figure, what is it's purpose, why did it want to fight, and why is it wearing the familiar black coat?

I have many more theories that I haven't brought to words yet so I'll sleep on them and edit this post as I come up with more.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
My first concern with Xehanort comes after Aqua defeats him at Radiant Garden. Terra continues to fight Master Xehanort (abbrev. MX) from within to regain his body as Aqua tries desperately to help her friend. It is still unclear to me who was in control when Xehanort pulls his Keyblade on himself.

Master Xehanort.

But what's most interesting of all is somehow this process created an entirely new entity.

It's not Terra, nor is it MX controlling this body. This new entity is now the enigma that was found by Ansem the Wise and his apprentices and would eventually follow Ansem, himself.

But how exactly was this entity created? And what of Terra's heart? Upon contact with the Keyblade his heart should have left his body, however after watching the scene again his heart is nowhere to be seen.

Does his heart yet remain in his body? And if so, how was it able to despite being stabbed by the Keyblade?

It wasn't an extraction. It was Xehanort's last ditch attempt at stopping Terra from regaining control of his body. Think of it as him saying "If I can't have this body, nobody will!" Instead of the heart being released, the memories stored within it were sealed away.

- And then there's the Mysterious Figure. Here we are, ten years before the events of the first Kingdom Hearts, and a figure wearing the Organization coat appears in the Land of Departure and it wants to fight.

Just because he wears the coat doesn't mean he's part of the Organization (see Riku and Mickey). We know that Master Xehanort was the first to wear the coats, and possibly that he was the one who created them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The identity of this person is completely shrouded in mystery (pardon the pun), and the only clues we have are the person's fighting style and choice of weaponry. The figure fights with two swords identical to the swords used by Xemnas when he fights Sora at Hollow Bastion in KH:FM only they are colored blue.

Looking at the techniques he used I noticed he used a projectile-firing move similarly used by Braig/Xigbar in which he opened multiple portals to launch them through. But mainly it appears his fighting-style is based on Time. The figure uses a series of techniques that involve him stopping time when he takes damage to recover his health and using some rope (any better way of calling it?) to latch onto you after which a timer appears above you at begins to tick down from 5.

You receive a Keyblade form for beating the figure. The head of the Keyblade has a timer clock emblem etched in it.

If anybody can recall a character in the series up to this point that is related to time feel free to mention.

The figure never speaks and it's face is never shown. And with so little, it's very difficult to devise a theory, of which I have yet to postulate. However, my question is this, obviously: who is the figure, what is it's purpose, why did it want to fight, and why is it wearing the familiar black coat?

I have many more theories that I haven't brought to words yet so I'll sleep on them and edit this post as I come up with more.

Luxord is time. But it isn't Luxord considering his role was pretty minor.

Mostly the black coat is used to protect people from the Darkness while crossing between worlds or through Dark Corridors. It is similar to the armor TAV wears. Actually Nomura mentioned he had planned on TAV wearing the coats before deciding on armor.

So the coat is a pointless clue. It is there only to hide the identity of whoever MF is.

The swords are hardly identical. MF's weapon has a hilt (the clock hands) while Xemnas uses them straight from his hands. They are also pointed slightly, while Xemnas' are like light sabers from Star Wars.

And MF uses many more techniques than what you have mentioned that are similar to other techniques of other characters in the series.

CaptainLatte

Just because he wears the coat doesn't mean he's part of the Organization (see Riku and Mickey). We know that Master Xehanort was the first to wear the coats, and possibly that he was the one who created them.

I knew that, but what I guess the point I was trying to make was why is he wearing it ten years before the Organization/Riku/Mickey were wearing them. I'm guessing the coat must have some sort of significance with MX since all of Org XIII wears it.

belleaurora

Just a quick question.
Does anyone know why when Terra talks to young Riku, that he sees the image of a younger Master Xehanort and a "transformation" into KH2 Riku. On khwiki, it states Terra sees this and that's what convinces him to deem Riku worthy of the keyblade, but I'm still not quite sure about this and why he sees KH2 Riku and the "transformation". Is it implying that MX and Riku are similar?

Key to Truth

Awards
It wasn't an extraction. It was Xehanort's last ditch attempt at stopping Terra from regaining control of his body. Think of it as him saying "If I can't have this body, nobody will!" Instead of the heart being released, the memories stored within it were sealed away.

Eh... No, just no. In that moment Terra gained partial control of his body and said "Get out of MY heart!", so he was trying to get Xehanort's heart out of him.

CaptainLatte

Eh... No, just no. In that moment Terra gained partial control of his body and said "Get out of MY heart!", so he was trying to get Xehanort's heart out of him.

Indeed, but how could his heart not leave when he took the Keyblade on himself? As far as we can determine it was only his memories that were released. Perhaps MX had too strong a grip on Terra's heart. You can also note that MX had control of his heart when he released it, seeing as he was able to launch it at Terra to possess him.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
This reminds me of Xehanort's heartless and Riku's fling.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Just a quick question.
Does anyone know why when Terra talks to young Riku, that he sees the image of a younger Master Xehanort and a "transformation" into KH2 Riku. On khwiki, it states Terra sees this and that's what convinces him to deem Riku worthy of the keyblade, but I'm still not quite sure about this and why he sees KH2 Riku and the "transformation". Is it implying that MX and Riku are similar?

No, I think he sees himself in Riku, after Riku states that he wants to "protect the things that matter." It is possible that he saw MX and Riku as similar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back