• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH Anime Edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tailikku1

Awards
Now this is going to be a work in progress as I type this up, but I have a nice surprise for you all: a rewrite of the Seeker of Darkness saga, using anime series in the stead of Disney films.

Please note that the phonetics in paranthesis are meant to show pronunciations incase readers, mainly due to my knowledge in French and Japanese.

Also, this saga is being divided up into 5 seasons. Season 1 is the first game, Season 2 is the second game with flashbacks to Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days with coverage of Coded, Season 0 is Birth by Sleep, Season 2.8 is 3D and Fragmentary Passage, and Season 3 is obvious.

On and on—the darkness went on and on.

With a tiny little light to guide him, he walked on.

He heard a soft voice—then he felt a presence.

There you are!

So much to do, so little time...

Take your time. Don't be afraid.

The door is still shut.

Now, step forward. Can you do it

Power sleeps within you...
If you give it form... It will give you strength.

And then the light will shine where you are.

The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes.

But don't be afraid. And don't forget...

You hold the mightiest weapon of all.

So don't forget:

You are the one who will open the door.

Now, go.

And—the door to destiny began to open.

As his eyes slowly opened, the sunlight streamed in dazzlingly bright. The sound of the waves was the same as always, brushing softly against his mind.

Sora got up and stretched.

Before him the blue sky and sea stretched on and on. As far as he knew, that was the entire world.

This was Destiny Island—a little archipelago floating in the sea.

"Huh... What was it?"

He felt like he'd had a nightmare.

Was it scary...? No, something about it felt nice, too.

That voice—that light. And that dark black shadow—

And—was it really just a dream?

"Sora..."

"Whoa!"

Kairi (KYE-ree) suddenly appeared in front of his face. Sora jumped to his feet.

"Gimme a break, Kairi."

"Sora, you lazy bum. I knew that I'd find you snoozing down here."

Kairi leaned in, peering into Sora's face, and smiled. Her red hair glinted in the brilliant light that poured down from the sky and reflected off the sea and sand.

"No! This huge, black thing swallowed me up! I couldn't breathe! I couldn't—Ow!"

Whatever he was going to say got lost when Kairi knocked him on the head.

"Are you still dreaming?"

As she stared at him again, Sora began to feel uncertain about what he remembered. How could there be a pitch-black monster thing like that around here, under such a bright sky?

"It wasn't a dream! Or was it? I don't know."

Sora hung his head. Kairi gave him an exasperated look and walked down to the water's edge. Turned away from him, she felt just a little bit distant somehow. He didn't know what to say to her, but as he hesitated, Kairi looked back with a smile.

"We better star working on it. Riku's getting annoyed."

"Huh?" Startled, he turned, and Riku was standing there, holding a log and scowling.

"So, I guess I'm the only one working on the raft."

It was a fairly heavy log. Riku tossed it to Sora with a shake of his silver hair.

"Ack!" Sora fumbled to catch the log.

Riku turned to Kairi. "And you're just as lazy as he is!"

"So you noticed." Kairi grinned and began ambling toward the inlet. "Okay, we'll finish it together. I'll race you!"

Laughing, she took off at a run.

"Huh? Seriously?" Sora hurried after her, and then Riku.

"Ready? Go!"

Kairi was already running, but at her words the other two broke into full speed.

The sun was still high. They had plenty of work ahead of them.

Kingdom Hearts
-Anime Edition-

Haley Joel Osment as Sora
Hayden Panettiere as Kairi
Dave Gallagher as Riku
Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino (Ooh-SAH-ghee TSOO-key-no)
Sandy Fox as Chibiusa Tsukino (CHEE-bee-OOH-sah)
Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno (AH-mee ME-zoo-no)
Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino (MEE-nah-koh EYE-no)
Cristina Valenzuela as Rei Hino (RAY HEE-no)
Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino (MAH-koh-toh KEY-no)
Christine Marie Cabanos as Hotaru Tomoe (HOH-tah-ru TOH-moh-eh)
Erica Mendez as Haruka Tenou (Hah-ROO-kah TEN-oh)
Lauren Landa as Michiru Kaiou (MEE-chee-roo KYE-oh)
Veronica Taylor as Setsuna Meiou (SETS-ooh-nah MAYO)
Michelle Ruff as Luna
Johnny Yong Bosch as Artemis
Debi Derryberry as Diana

"Riku, you get the logs...and some cloth and rope. Sora, you find some drinking water and some mushrooms for us to take. I'll wait here."

"Got it!"

Sora and Riku rook off running like it was another race, footsteps scrunching over the dry sand. A little ways off, they could hear Tidus and Wakka playing with wooden swords.

"Want to join them, Sora?"

"But won't Kairi be mad?"

Sora threw that out as an excuse. The truth was, he just couldn't win against Riku, which made it hard to be interested.

"Don't worry about that." Riku thumped him on the back and ran toward Tidus (TEE-duss) and Wakka (Wock-uh).

"Aw, geez..."

On this little island, pretty much any game the boys played was something competitive, and the perennial favorite was sword fighting. Wakka, a few years older than everyone else, acted as a teacher. Just recently Sora and Riku had become good enough to beat him once in a while. They were about even with Tidus.

"Here I come!" Tidus closed in on Wakka.

"Go, boys, go!" Selphie was hopping up and down, making the outward curl at the end of her hair bounce in time.

"I'm not done yet!" Wakka's voice rang out over the sound of wood striking wood, and Tidus' sword flew from his hand.

"Aw, nuts."

Tidus dejectedly plopped down on the sand.

Riku picked up the sword that had fallen some distance away and turned to Wakka. "My turn!"

"Hey, hey, gimme a little breather here," said Wakka, scratching his head through his bandanna, and tossed his stick over to Sora.

"You take him this time, Sora"

"But Kairi'll be upset..."

"You're wide open!"

As Sora stood there trying to get out of it, Riku leaped in to attack.

"Hey! No fair, Riku!"

"Fights don't have to be fair!"

Sora dodged his strike with a jump and finally grabbed a sword. There wasn't any getting out of it, then.

"Alright, come get me!" Riku smirked like he knew he hardly had to try. Sora couldn't stand it.

"Here I come!"

The wooden swords met with a clack! Sora threw himself into fighting just like Wakka had taught him, swinging straight down at Riku from over his head. Clack, clack, clack over and over. Sora's style mainly involved staying on the offensive.

"Ngh!"

"That's it, Sora! Keep going, push him right into the water!"

Just as Wakka cheered him on, Sora made a huge swing.

"Ouch!"

The sword leaped from Riku's hand and spun up into the air, then landed point down in the sand.

"Wow!" Tidus yelled.

Breathing hard, Sora held out a hand to Riku, who'd fallen on his rear.

"Tch. Let my guard down."

"Or I'm just better than you!" Sora grinned and pulled Riku to his feet, then took off toward the hill. "Race you to get all the supplies!"

"Alright!" Riku replied, dusing off sand, and ran in the other direction.

"Hey, hey, a race to get what?"

But Wakka's question went unheard as Sora and Riku ran off.

"Those two lately, and Kairi, too... I get the feeling they're up to something..." Selphie screwed up her face and titled her head in concentration.

Wakka shrugged. "Well, they've got Riku, so I wouldn't worry, yeah?"

"That's not the point!" Selphie said in a huff, kicking the sand.

"It's not fair! I wanna be in on it, too!" Tidus tried to follow them, but Sora had already disappeared into the bushes on the hillside and Riku into the sea.

"Mushrooms... where do I find more mushrooms?"

Sora wandered around the hill in search of mushrooms. The ones that grew on this island were all edible, and a while ago they'd even roasted some over a campfire. If they were planning to sail across the ovean for however many days, though, he needed to find more than that.

From up on the hill he could see Riku gathering things. He was carrying something that looked like a big piece of cloth.

Must be nice being Riku...

The thought stung in his chest. It felt like nothing more than an accident that he'd managed to win the sword fight. Sora was always the one who lost. School grades, sprinting, it didn't matter what–he couldn't beat Riku. If he could just win at something...

Sora slid down the hill and jumped into the thick foliage that grew beside the waterfall. Through there was the entrance to a little cave. It was their secret spot. Sora and Riku had found it and told Kairi.

"...Haven't been here in a while..."

Inside the cave, the constant sound of the waves was hushed to a whisper. Further in, the space was more open, like a great big room. And at the other end of it–that door. It was a big door, but without a doorknob or anything. It just sat there, as if in wait for a visitor from somewhere.

On the cave wall beside the door, there were dozens of doodles. One looked like a bunny with a magic wand standing on the moon. Another of a castle. And then there was a little doodle.

"...There it is."

Years ago, Kairi and Sora had drawn each other's faces on the wall, and they were still there. Sora crouched down and softly touched the scribbles.

If he could just be better than Riku...

Sora turned toward a small sound. "Wh-who's there?"

It was a man in a brown robe.

"I've come to see the door to this world," he declared in a deep gravely voice. Sora couldn't see his face beneath the hood.

"Huh?"

"This world has been connected."

"Wh-What are you talking about?"

The man showed no reaction to Sora and kept talking. "A world tied to the darkness... Soon to be completely eclipsed..."

At that a chill crept up Sora's spine. "Well, whoever you are, stop freaking me out like this. Huh? Wh-Where did you come from?!"

He didn't answer the question but said slowly, "There is so very much to learn. You understand so little."

"So, you're from another world!"

The man continued. "You do not yet know what lies beyond the door. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

Sora had been staring at the mysterious man, but now he looked at the door.

That door, he thought. That big door... Didn't I see a door like that somewhere else, just a while ago...?

"Hey, who are you–"

Sora looked back again, but the man was gone.

When he left the cave, the brilliant sunlight made him blink. The island spread out before him with its brilliant sea and sky, and what had just happened in the cave seemed to be a dream.

Armus full of the mushrooms he'd gathered in the cave, he began to run down to the inlet where Kairi and Riku would be waiting.

That man–and the door. It did feel like a dream. And no one would believe him if he said anything about it. Here on this little archipelago called Destiny Islands, there wasn't a single person they didn't know. Not even anyone from across the ocean–no, wait there was one person.

Kairi.

She came from across the ocean, people said. Kairi came from another world across the ocean, somewhere we've never seen or even heard of. That's why we're going to find out...

"Sora! You're late!"

"Sorry! It was hard to find enough mushrooms..."

Winded from running, Sora held up the stockpile of fungi for Kairi to see. As soon as he saw her face, the incident with the strange man was gone from his mind. Kairi and Riku were standing beside a soaringly tall tree trunk.

"Wooow. You really found a lot, huh!"

"Not bad for you!"

They both laughed, relieving him of the armfuls of mushrooms.

"Right, Sora–this looks like a good sail, don't you think?" said Riku.

Sora looked up at the cloth tied to the tree trunk like a flag. "Where'd you find a piece that big?"

"Oh, nowhere." Riku shrugged and smiled and then began to climb up the trunk. "If there's a storm, we have to climb up the mast and lower the sail.

"I know that."

Kairi watched their back-and-forth, giggling.

The three of them were building a raft, a nice big one. A raft that would take them to worlds they'd never seen before. They lashed several logs together with some rope and stood up the trunk for a mast. Then the sail went up, made from the cloth that Riku had found, flapping in the sea breeze.

"She looks seaworthy already!" Kairi exclaimed.

Riku leaped down from the mast. "Yeah. On this we can go anywhere we want," he said, gazing into the distance beyond the perfectly smooth horizon. The sun was sinking low, the sky shifting from clear blue to deep crimson.

"Hey, Sora," he said, looking at the mast again. "We haven't given our ship a name yet."

"Heh. Right, we should!" Kairi looked up at the mast, too. "A sail like that is sure to catch the wind."

The sail hung quietly over them, the sail that would help the raft cut through the waters.

"What should we call her?"

At Kairi's prompting, Sora mentioned the name he'd been thinking of all day. "How about... the Excalibur?"

"The Excalibur..." Riku softly repeated it. "When she sets out to sea, she'll cut through the waters like a sword."

"Pretty good, right?" said Sora. Riku gave him a nod.

"The Excalibur it is, then!" Kairi grinned and clung to the mast, turning her gaze out to the open sea. "...It's getting late huh?"

Riku and Sora, too, saw that the sky above the horizon was glowing a brilliant red and the sun would soon disappear below it.

"If we go to the very end of the sea... I bet we'll find the world where you came from, Kairi."

Sora said it like he wanted confirmation. Kairi turned slowly away, staring into the distance.

"Could be. We'll never know by staying here," Riku replied, arms folded.

"But how far could a raft take us?" said Sora.

Riku looked at him, and back out to the sea. "Who knows? If we have to, we'll think of something else."

The sun sank lower toward the horizon turning the sea and even the sand red./

They had watched this very scene together countless times, but to Sora, it looked just a little bit different today. Something about that made him unseasy.

After this... what's going to happen to us?

I want to see other worlds,
he thought.

There was the sea, always so calm, though storms came once in a while. There were the beautiful sandy beaches. There were birds on the hills and even mushrooms to eat, and... Riku and Kairi, Tidus and Selphie and Wakka. Mom and Dad and the other people in town. All the wonderful friends he had fun with here on Destiny Islands. But the landscape that Sora saw was always the same. If he could just see a different world... maybe something would change.

So he wanted to try going somewhere else.

"So, suppose you get to another world. What would you do there?" Kairi asked Riku a little nervously. "Do you just want to see, like Sora?"

"It's just... I've always wondered why we're here on this island. If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one?" Riku paused for a moment, as if listening to the waves, and then went on. "And suppose there are other worlds... Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater." Then he turned to Sora and Kairi. "So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?"

A little piece of something greater. This was pretty complicated. Not quite following, Sora flopped over on the raft. "I don't know."

Riku looked at him with a little sigh and started walking down toward the shore. "Exactly. That's why we need to go out there and find out. Just sitting here won't change a thing."

Sora turned to the sea, his eye following on Riku.

"It's the same old stuff. So let's go."

"You've been thinking a lot lately, haven't you?" Kairi said softly.

"Thanks to you. If you hadn't come here, I probably would've never thought of any of this." Riku turned away from the setting sun to look at her. "Kairi, thanks."

Those word sounded more earnest to Sora than anything he had ever heard. He felt his heart skip a beat.

"Heh, you're welcome," Kairi said with a shy laugh, turning to the sea again.

"Well... Guess I better get going. You two shouldn't stay out to late, either." Riku took off for the pier at a brisk pace, as if suddenly embarrassed by what he'd said.

Staring after him, Kairi said in a tiny voice, "You know, Riku has changed."

"What do you mean?" said Sora. If there was anything different about Riku, he couldn't tell. It seemed like the usual Riku to him.

"Well... Hmm. You don't think so?"

"Nope, it's just you."

Kairi looked a little sad at that. But then she blurted, "Sora, let's take the raft and go—just the two of us!"

She peered at Sora with a mischievous grin.

"Huh? What's gotten into you? You're the one that's changed, Kairi."

"Maybe..."

She started ambling down the to the beach. Something small and bright fell out of her pocket.

"Kairi, you dropped something."

"Oh—" She carefully picked it up and showed it to him. It was a pendant made of seashells, tied together into the shape of a star.

"What is it?"

"I'm making thalassa shell charms. In the old days, sailors always wore them. They're supposed to ensure a safe voyage."

"A sailor's charm huh..."

Sora gazed at the charm in the palm of Kairi's hand.

"I'm making them so even if one of us gets lost, we'll make it back here safe and sound. ...So the three of us will always be together."

She placed it gently back in her pocket. The sun had already fallen halfway below the horizon.

"You know, I was a little afraid at first, but now I'm ready." Kairi looked at Sora, speaking like she'd made up her mind. "No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here."

He ran to catch up with her. "Yeah, of course!"

I still want to come back to Destiny Island, too, he thought. I want to see other worlds, but I'll come back. To the sea and the sky and everyone here. To this place with Kairi and Riku.

"That's good... Sora, don't ever change"

"Huh?"

Kairi smiled at his startled sound. "I just can't wait. Once we set sail, it'll be great."

"Yeah... We'll make it, for sure."

The sun was nearly gone now. The waves went on and on with their calm, soft rush.

A synthetic Westminster chime rang out.

Azabu (Ah-ZAH-boo) High School stood tall as a small trickle of rain poured across the Juuban (JOO-bahn) district. Students were walking home from school after classes had ended for the day. Among them were a group of four girls joining up with a fifth wearing a different uniform, all tucked beneath their umbrellas. As this was still their first year in high school, the girls' first order of business was a doozy for one of them.

"What!?"

A blonde girl with twintails shouted out loud with her eyes sinking back and jaw dropping.

"What do you mean we have to study!?"

A slightly taller girl with shorter blue hair chimed in. "It's just as we have been doing on and off over summer, Usagi. We all have futures ahead of us and high school is a big factor in that."

The girl in the different uniform spoke up. "Ami's right, Usagi. We need to take care of whatever our curriculums throw at us if we are to achieve our dreams!" The black-haired girl spoke with a bit of a puff in her chest, as if she was saying this as a speech to a king.

A second blonde, roughly the same height as the one called Usagi joined in. "They're both right. We had a lot of ups and downs before we got here. I even had the time to audition to become an idol."

The tall brunette inserted herself into the conversation. "Well, if I am to find a new boyfriend, I have a lot of home ec to take care of."

A pair of cats decided to join in, one black and one white. This would be a normal sight to anyone, but to these girls, they were beyond normal. The cats were soon followed by a small elementary schoolgirl. She looked like a smaller version of Usagi, but with pink hair and cone-shaped odango (oh-DONG-oh) compared to her bun-shaped odango. The small girl must have been listening in on the conversation as she made her presence known by giggling. She also had a kitten with her, a small gray one.

"Chibiusa!" shouted Usagi.

Chibiusa giggled again. "You should know better Usagi. Seeing as you will become my mother in the 30th Century."

She was right. Chibiusa was in fact Usagi's daughter from a thousand years into the future, in a time when Tokyo had become a crystalline utopia. Chibiusa's reminder was about how despite everything, the Usagi of the future was not as literate as one would expect, with her handwriting still looking sloppy. Usually in these times, Usagi would turn to help from a number of people, notably her old friend Gurio Umino (Goo-ree-oh Ooh-MEE-no), one of the smartest people at Juuban Middle School, her best friend Naru Osaka who was also Umino's girlfriend, or even her beloved Mamoru Chiba (MAH-moe-roo CHEE-bah), her husband in that same future.

"I feel like we should study at Mamoru's," suggested Usagi. "He might be able to help us all out."

One of the cats, the black one, spoke up in a female voice. "That's an unusually smart decision for you Usagi."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Luna."

The white one spoke next in a male voice. "But she is right, Usagi. Normally, it would be either Ami or Rei who would be suggesting that idea."

"Thank you for the compliment, Artemis," said the girl in the different uniform, Rei apparently.

The girls continued their way to an apartment complex resembling a castle and arrived at their destined floor. They knocked on the door to alert the occupant that they were coming in, and opened the door.

"Hi, Mamo-kun. It's us, just coming over to study..." Usagi started her sentence before trailing off when she sensed that something was off. Normally, Mamoru would be studying for his college work, but the apartment was just empty. There was a note on the coffee table.

Usa-ko

I'm sorry that I vanished without letting you know, but there is a storm on the horizon, and there is no time to lose. I'd better leave right away.

The stars have been starting to vanish, one-by-one, and that means that disaster can't be far behind.

I hate to leave you and your friends, but I have to look into this.

As the future king of Crystal Tokyo, I ask you, Chibiusa, and your fellow Sailor Guardians to do something.

There's someone out there with a "key"—the key to our survival. So I need you to find him and stick together. Do you understand?

We need the key, or we're doomed.

Head to Traverse Town and find a man called Leon. He'll point you in the right direction.

P.S. Please let Haruka, Michiru, Hotaru, and Setsuna know of my absence

This was the note he left behind. A very important letter from one of their closest allies—and their very dear friend. If this was all true, things were serious. A strange problem with the stars vanishing from the night sky and the disaster on the way. Did this mean that Mamoru was about to take a demonic bull by the gnarled horns?

Usagi began to freak out. But then again, she knew that there was someone who would be able to help with the situation. They just simply needed to take a bus to an otherwise remote cottage outside of Tokyo. But it would have to wait until the morning. It wasn't a school night anyway.

By the morn, the girls had all headed onto the bus to the cottage, where they met up with the three former students of Mugen Academy; Setsuna Meiou, Haruka Tenou, and Michiru Kaiou, alongside the young Hotaru Tomoe, ever delighted to see Chibiusa.

"So, bunhead," said Haruka. "What brings you out here?"

Usagi started to stammer. "We-we've got a big problem!"

"Like how big?"

A wind-chime jingled. The ten girls were in the dining room of the cottage, deep in serious conversation.

"...That's how it is," said Luna after explaining to the three.

"It is as I feared," Setsuna worried. "But we must trust our future king."

"I hope he's alright," said Hotaru.

Usagi spoke with determination. "Whatever the matter is, we'll find Mamo-kun and this 'key'."

Michiru gave a slight chuckle. "Well it's best if we split up into three groups." Haruka nodded to her partner's suggestion. "After all, I've felt two similar presences. Maybe there's two of these 'keys'."

"Hotaru, the cats, and I will serve as your reconnaissance," Setsuna said with a bow. "If it is what I believe it is from my service in Crystal Tokyo, then it is best that I explain: Mamoru has left this world in order to prevent the destruction of other worlds."

The other nine girls looked at Setsuna with confusion. "What other worlds?"

Setsuna shook her head. "I was previously forbidden from telling you this from Queen Serenity, but our world is not the only world in existence."

There was that name again for them all: Queen Serenity, the ruler of the Silver Millennium of ancient times and queen of the Moon Kingdom. Through her, she gave birth to a young princess who was doomed to never become queen by a jealous sorceress, with her kingdom being brought down by an equally jealous woman from the Earth Kingdom. It was also through her that a special power would awaken within the girls: the ability to transform into Sailor Guardians through the Silver Millennium's holy artifact, the Legendary Silver Crystal.

Setsuna drew up a diagram on a piece of paper to explain. "Let's say that this crescent is our world. And let's say that this heart is a different one altogether. In that world, we do not exist. Do you understand so far?" Everyone nodded. "Good. Now let's say that we multiplied this tenfold. Mamoru is traveling this multitude of worlds to find the 'key' and save all of existence."

"But how is he doing that?" asked Usagi.

"When the Queen told me this information, she also told me of the existence of an ancient technology called 'Gummi'. While it sounds like it would be some sort of candy, that is the only connection they have; the name. Gummi refers to a sort of shard made from pieces of a world's barrier whenever someone enters and exits that world. It is likely that Mamoru is using one such piece of Gummi to travel between worlds. The Queen had also told me that these Gummi blocks were also used to assemble the Ark that you, Minako, had once used in the Silver Millennium and later during your quest in Turkey."

"You mean we have to go all the way back to Istanbul to get it!?" Minako was the one to panic this time.

"No," answered Setsuna. "I have taken the liberty of having it stored away near where Dr. Tomoe's laboratory was once located"

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

"So does this really mean that we can visit other worlds?" asked Diana, the small gray kitten.

"Outside of Juuban, you mustn't let anyone know that you come from another world," Setsuna warned them firmly.

"What do you mean?"

"Those who travel between worlds are advised to avoid meddling in the affairs of other worlds and informing their inhabitants of the existence of other worlds. Doing so will likely lead to another calamity across the known multiverse." Setsuna drew a featureless but evil grinning face on the diagram.

"In certain cases, your disguise pens will allow you to alter your appearances to avoid standing out in certain worlds. This is in order to..."

"..maintain the world border?" asked Usagi.

"Close, but I will give you that, Princess Serenity." Setsuna referred to Usagi by the name that the Queen had given her in her past life.

"But why were you and Queen Serenity the only ones who knew of other worlds?" asked Luna.

Setsuna answered again. "It was a closely guarded secret between the two of us. The Door of Space and Time can not only be used as a way to travel through time or cross distances on the physical plane, but it can also reach into other worlds. I once saw a parallel world from ours where Princess Serenity took the role of the Messiah of Silence."

There was an understood cold shudder among the collective. Setsuna was also looking at Chibiusa and Hotaru when she said this.

"Does that mean...?" asked the pink-haired girl.

"I am sorry, Small Lady. I was unable to confirm if you were in that same world."

A silence broke through the collective. That was one universe they were glad to have avoided.

"So," breathed Haruka. "It looks like we'll have to head back to school."

"And in this case, I will be signing a leave of absence to Azabu High and the TA Academy for you all."

Ami slightly frowned. She was looking forward to the new school year. But if the worlds were at stake, that would be a necessary sacrifice.

After a brief write-up to the respective schools, Setsuna and Haruka drove the group to the old laboratory just a little away from Mugen Academy. Heading down into the depths brought back unpleasant memories for them all, especially for Hotaru.

After a long descent down the lab, they soon came upon the Ark. This was to be their vessel for traveling between worlds, their Gummi Ship. The group boarded the ship and began to start it up. The engine started with a bomf! and the ship shook.

"Blast off!" Minako pointed forward as a track appeared before them. The ship zoomed forward and sped into the stars

Lightning flashed, and in nearly the same, moment, rain came pattering down on the roof.

"...Rain?"

Sora sat up and looked out the window. His house was on a bigger island, a little ways off from the small one where he and his friends always went to play. A little house in a little town—that was where he lived. Since he came home, he'd been spacing out, staring up at the ceiling, thinking about what happened today and what was going to happen soon.

The rain started to come down harder. Showers after sunset weren't that rare here. The ocean here was usually calm, but once in a while, there would be downpours or storms.

Still...

Lightning flashed again. Sora could tell...

"It's coming from our island!"

He jumped out of bed.

Sora took his kid-sized rowboat and hurried to their island. There was a nice big reef surrounding it, so anything less than a hurricane wouldn't cause much damage. But at the moment, there was a small raft to worry about

If the raft got swept away...

Luckily the waves weren't very high yet. The raft should be okay if he just tied it good and tight to a cocoyum tree.

Rolling thunder enveloped the island. Sora looked up at the starless night sky to see a ball of darkly glowing energy floating in the air. "What's that?!"

When he climbed up onto the dock, he saw that there were two other small boats.

"Riku's boat. And Kairi's!"

He ran in from the dock to the beach, but some kind of shadow rose up from the ground, blocking his path.

"...What's going on?!"

He swung his wooden sword around, and it felt like he hit something, but the shadow didn't go away. In fact, more and more of them appeared.

"Ugh, they just keep coming..." Sora gave up trying to beat them and rand along the beach, looking for Kairi and Riku. The wind swallowed up his voice as he shouted their names. At the waterfall, he paused and looked around. Then he saw it—in front of the bushes that hid the path to their secret spot, there was a big white door.

"What...?"

Suddenly he remembered the strange man he'd met in the afternoon.

Soon to be completely eclipsed—

No way,
Sora thought. But he was definitely saying something like that... Anyway, I have to find Riku and Kairi.

Holding the shadowy things at bay with his wooden sword, Sora looked around again.

"Riku!"

He could see Riku standing in the darkness, facing the sea, his silver hair whipping in the howling wind.

Sora ran to him. "Where's Kairi? I thought she was with you!"

Riku slowly turned. "The door has opened..."

"What?"

Something wasn't quite right about him. He was different. And what was this about a door? Didi he mean that white door? Or...

"The door has opened, Sora! Now we can go to the outside world!" Riku said in a rush, a strange excitement in his eyes.

"What are you talking about? We've gotta find Kairi!"

"Kairi's coming with us!" Riku shouted at the top of his voice. "Once we step through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!"

As he went on, eeroe dark energy gathered above his head.

"Riku..."

"Let's go, Sora!"

Smiling, Riku stretched out his hand, but at his feet the darkness swarmed and grew, twisting itself around his legs—and in the blink of an eye, it had covered him completely.

"Riku!"

Sora tried to run toward him, but when he stepped into that darkness, it began twining up his body, too.

Smiling in the midst of the darkness, Riku called his name. "...Sora..."

But Sora couldn't reach him. Riku was engulfed in darkness, and just as Sora was about to be swallowed up, too, a shining light shone from inside it and drove it away.

For a moment Sora had to shut his eyes against the brightness. When he opened them up again, there was a giant shining key in his hand. A voice echoed in his head—

Keyblade...

As if on cue, the dark, shadowy things came up from the ground again. Sora swung the key—the Keyblade—at them, and this time they disappeared.

"...Riku?" With the Keyblade still firmly in his hand, Sora looked around, but couldn't see Riku anywhere. "Riku! Where are you? Riku!"

Sora ran, swinging the Keyblade as he searched. No matter how many of the shadowy things he defeated, more kept springing up. Finally he was in front of the white door again.

"...Huh?"

The door was opening, almost as if to invite him inside. This was the only place left on the island where Kairi and Riku could be. Sora ran through the door.

"Riku... Kairi!"

There was the cave—their secret spot, just the same as ever. The only difference was that glowing door at the end. And in front of the door, Kairi stood silently starting at it.

"Kairi!" Sora dashed toward her.

She turned to look at him, slowly and sadly. "Sora..."

The moment she reached out for him, the door began to open. Ink-black darkness erupted ou, blowing her toward him like the blast from an explosion. He tried to catch her in his arms—but her body just faded out. She passed through him and vanished.

It was like she;d been sucked into Sora himself. He called her name, but with a huge rush, Sora and the door to the island were all hurled away in the wind.

"What's happening—?!"

Thrown out onto the sand, Sora pounded the ground with his fist. Inches away, the ground just dropped off, like a cliff. He looked up and saw that dark sphere covering the entire island. And a huge black shadow was standing right in front of him.

This isn't our Destiny Island anymore, he thought

Riku isn't here. Kairi's gone, too.

So how am I still here?

Sora was still on his hands and knees. The huge shadow swiped at him, knocking him aside.

He ground, and the Keyblade glowed in his hand.

"Power sleeps within you... If you give it form... It will give you strength."

I feel like someone's speaking to me. Power sleeping within me...? I don't have any power. I can only just barely beat Riku. So how...

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here."

But Kairi disappeared. Riku, too. And now even the island's about to disappear3 Can we really ever come back here? All three of us?

"Make it so the three of you can always be together."

Sora thought of Kairi's smile. Kairi and Riku and me. So we'll always be together So we can come back here.

The Keyblade shone brightly, like it was reacting to Sora's emotions. There's no way I'm gonna lose. So I can go see other worlds, so the three of us can run on the beach together...

He stood up and took a huge leap, and his attack became trails of light that wounded the shadow.

"Yaaaaah! I won't lose!"

Two, three blows from the Keyblade he wielded, and wounds made of light kept appearing on the giant shadow.

"You're not gonna beat me!"

Sora felt the Keyblade pierce something, and the shadow let out and enormous roar.

"...I did it..."

Bellowing in fury, the shadow was sucked into the dark sphere up above.

"Kairi...," Sora whispered. Before he could take another breath, the sphere raged and howled, swelling up and dragging what remained of the island into it, along with Sora. With a terrible rumbling, it swallowed up the cocoyum trees, the rowboats, even the sea...

Sora strained to hold on to the wreckage of the wooden bridge, but the huge force pulled him off. In a swirl of debris, he fell into the dark sphere and disappeared.

(music cue: Heart Moving)

In my dreams, we were together
Protected by the stars
I didn’t worry when we were friends
We talked casually, although
There was a moment when I only worried about you
I want to be more pretty, right now
When I fall in love, something changes
I close my eyes, and make sure of it
I hugged you, and my hard pounded
I want to tell you about this feeling
On the road home, in front of everyone
Since I didn’t want to say goodbye
I waved my hand happily, as much as I could
I want to show you a more wondrous me
In my dreams, we were together
We were closer than anyone
I give to the you of before
Now I want to give you my love
Tomorrow is a wonderful thing, yet
I feel like it’s the beginning
When I fall in love, something changes
I close my eyes, and make sure of it
I hugged you, and my hard pounded
I want to tell you about this feeling​

(music cue: Sailor Moon Preview Music)
Next time on Kingdom Hearts:

Sora awakens in a new place, separated from his friends. The Sailor Guardians begin their search for the Key and for Mamoru. When fate brings them together, Sora, Usagi, and the Guardians set out on a grand adventure to find their friends!

Next time: Traverse Town: Encounter

Yes as you can tell, I have in mind the use of Sailor Moon to replace Mickey and the gang as hre story is more or less the gateway drug to anime in general especially back in the 90s when it was dubbed by DiC. As you can also tell, I am using the Viz Media cast for Sailor Moon as the new dub of the classic series is closest to the original Japanese

As for how the Sailor Guardians look overall, at least casually:

They are in their uniforms as seen in the Eternal and Cosmos films, as I am making this a sort of blend between the continuity of the 90's anime and the manga, acting as a broadstrokes.

And for anyone wondering what was that whole bit with Princess Serenity as Messiah of Silence, it's a reference to the live action Tokusatsu series "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" where Princess Serenity was responsible for bringing about the end of the Silver Millenium; Chibiusa and Hotaru's concern has to do with the fact that neither of them, plus the three Outer Guardians were present in that series, with Luna filling in for Chibiusa as the sixth Sailor Guardian.

As for the Ark that Setsuna mentions, it is originally from the SNES RPG Sailor Moon -another story- where it serves as the game's equivalent to Final Fantasy's airships, allowing players to jump from Canada, to Switzerland, to Lhasa, to Turkey, to Tokyo, to the North Pole, and the Moon. It will be filling in for the Highwind in this saga, hence why I have Sora's default name for the raft be the one used instead of the canon name of Highwind.

Tailikku1

Awards
(Music Cue: Sailor Moon Subtitle Music C1a)

"Hi! I'm Usagi Tsukino. I'm sixteen years old and go to Juban High School. I'm a bit of a klutz, and get teased for being a crybaby. But the truth is, I'm the Pretty Guardian who fights for love and for justice. I am Sailor Moon."

(Music Cue: Sailor Star Song)

I’ll never give up! For tomorrow – Sailor Yell
Absolutely! I’ll catch it! Sailor Star
Deliver this vow throughout the galaxy
Ever since you disappeared
I began my journey to find you
There was a sketch of an angel on an old map
It points to the dark coliseum that awaits us
As my heart trembles, I remember the day of our secret kiss
No matter how cruel destiny may be, I’ll come for you
I will never regret – Sailor Eyes
I will follow you – Sailor Wind
This song is a guide for the stars
I’ll never give up! For tomorrow – Sailor Yell
Absolutely! I’ll find it! Sailor Star
I’ll fly with these angel wings

The town always greeted everyone warmly.
This was Traverse Town. It was full of people who had nowhere else to go, who had lost their homes to those strange events. Usagi, Chibiusa, the Guardians, and the cats had just arrived in the Gummi Ship. The man that Mamoru mentioned in his letter, the one who knew about the "key," was supposed to be here somewhere.
Ami, with her pocket supercomputer, lead the others.
"According to the details that Mamoru left us, Leon is supposed to be here," said Ami. Usagi followed close behind holding Luna, with Minako holding Artemis and Chibiusa holding Diana. Rei and Makoto followed close behind.
"Well do you think this is as big as Juuban?" asked Usagi.
"How should we know?"
Something made Usagi look up at the night sky. It looked pretty much the same here as it did back home, which made her feel a bit better. With the stars vanishing, and Mamo-kun going AWOL, and this "key"... Well, there was a lot on Usagi's growing teenage mind that made her uneasy.
There was one star sparkling more brightly than the others. What kind of star could it be...?
Just as she thought that, it happened.
"Look...!"
The rest of the girls looked up to where Usagi was pointing, still holding Luna.
"Look, a star just went out!"
The star's light sputtered and vanished.
"This is really bad!"
Just before they had left Juuban, Setsuna had told them that every star in the night sky was a world. This was the first time they had seen this happen, and the kind of thing that you couldn't really believe until you saw it yourself. And it really was true—the stars were going out. That couldn't mean anything good.
The girls all exchanged glances and started walking faster through town.
"Wait, where's Diana?" asked Chibiusa.
"I thought she was with you?" said Luna.
"She couldn't have gone far," said Artemis, as he leapt from Minako's arms, beginning a search for her.

(Music Cue: Where Is This)
Diana was busy looking about, following something that kept her going down a dim alley, lit only by a faint moonlight. It was a boy sprawled out on the ground.
"Oh. I don't think he's comfortable," she said to herself.
Diana skittered up to the boy and started to lick his cheek and rub her fur against the boy, mewing all the way.
Sora groaned and opened his eyes. What came into focus wasn't the sea or sky Destiny Island, but a place he'd never seen before—and a kitten.
"What a dream..."
Right. This place has to be a dream. I've never seen anything that isn't our bright sunny island.
He began drifting again, and Diana jumped on his head.
"Oof! ...This isn't a dream!"
Sora stood up, rubbing his eyes, and looked around. He was in the same totally unfamiliar scene. The night sky spread out above like it did over Destiny Island, but it looked a little hazier than the one he remembered.
"Oh, boy..." Sora helplessly turned to the kitten. "Hey, do you know where we are?"
"Diana!" a distant voice called. The kitten wriggled her way out of Sora's grasp and skittered away.
"Hey, wait!"
Sora began to chase the kitten, but she must have run down another alley, and Sora couldn't see her anymore. He came to a wide-open spot like a town square and looked around again.
There were lots of people here, after all, going to and fro through the square.
"This is totally weird... I'm in another world!"

(Music Cue: Sailor Moon Subtitle Music C1b)
トラヴァースタウン:遭遇
Traverse Town: Encounter

(Music Cue: Traverse Town)
It felt like he'd gotten lost in a fairytale. There was nothing like this on Destiny Island—a town square with cobblestones and lit lanterns.
So after he got sucked into that sphere, somehow he'd make it to another world?
But what about the islands? And his friends? And Riku and Kairi?
Where the heck am I...? he thought
Just then the Keyblade gleamed in his hand.
He couldn't do anything to those shadowy things with a wooden sword, but he could beat them with the Keyblade. He told himself that. Maybe he'd be okay.
"Well, I dunno. Maybe someone— Wait, what's that?"
Sora tried to talk to the funny-looking creature in the middle of the square. "Um, where am I?
"Kupo!"
The funny-looking creature with a red pom-pom sprouting from its head looked up at him.
"I'm Sora. I just woke up here..."
"I'm Mog the Moogle, kupo."
So Mog was his name, and Moogle was his species... if Sora was making that out correctly.
"Shadows destroyed my home. I've got nowhere to go, kupo..."
"There were shadows after you, too?"
"Sure were, kupo." The pom-pom swayed as Mog hung his head.
"Wow..." So it wasn't just Destiny Islands.
Mog didn't seem to want to talk anymore, so Sora walked away.
"New around here?" an older man said to him. He was shorter than Sora, and had a balding head of black hair and a white mustache.
"Where am I?" Sora asked again.
The man just smiled sadly. "You shouldn't ask people that here. We all have painful memories.
"Then the shadows got your—"
"Sonny, I wouldn't ask that question either," he said with sorrow in his eyes. "Now maybe the owner of the accessories store can tell you what you want to know." He pointed to a store up some steps from the square. "Tell him that Shunsaku (Shoon-SAH-koo) Ban (BAHN) sent you."
"Okay. Thanks!" Sora ran across the square and leaped up the steps.
In the sky above, another star went out.

"Hey there, how can I... Aw, it's only a kid."
The man who came up to the counter had goggles on his head, a still-smoking cigarette hanging from his lip, and a bellyband over his T-shirt—a middle-aged man, hardly the sort of person Sora would have expected to find running the Accessory Shop.
"I'm not a kid! And the name's Sora!" he shot back, posing with the Keyblade.
"Okay, okay, simmer down. So why the long face, Sora? You lost or somethin'?"
"No! Well, maybe. I mean I just woke up here… And some guy named 'Ban' sent me here..."
The man folded his arms and rumbled, "Okay, why don't you start at the beginning, Sora, seeing as the old guy sent you here."
"Umm, well, I came from a place called Destiny Island…"
Sora told him everything—about the island, the shadows, Kairi and Riku. Now that someone was really listening to him, he felt a little better.
"Uh-huh, I see…"
When Sora finished, the man fell quiet, looking pensive.
"So, gramps, is this really another world?"
"Don't call me gramps! The name's Cid!"
"Okay… Cid. So this is another world, isn't it?" Sora said, staring at him closely.
"Not sure what you're talkin' about, but this sure ain't your island."
He hadn't left the island the way they'd planned. But there was no doubt now. He was inanother world. So where could Kairi and Riku have ended up?
And everyone else on the islands?
"Yeah… Hey, Cid. Do you think Kairi and Riku are here, too?"
"Hmm. Couldn't tell ya." Cid frowned.
"I'd better start looking for them."
With that Sora sounded more determined, and Cid gave him a brash grin in return. "Well, good luck with whatever it is you're doing. If you ever run into trouble, you come to me. I'll look out for you."
"Thanks!"
Holding tight the Keyblade, Sora nodded and rushed out of the shop. Cid rested his elbows on the counter and stretched over the make sure that Sora shut the door behind him. "
"…The Keyblade… So that's the 'key' thing, huh…," he mumbled to himself. "Maybe I better tell Leon…"

"It sure would be nice if they were here somewhere..."
Sora ran through the town. From what the people who lived here told him, it was a pretty big place. The part where he woke up was the First District. Beyond that was the Second, and then the Third Districts. And if there were lots of other worlds that had been swallowed up like Destiny Island, there must have been more worlds like Traverse Town that were still safe from the shadows. So that meant Kairi and Riku might be in different worlds, Sora thought with a sigh.
He ran up the streets and down alleys and emerged in front of a big door.
"Hey, you look like you're new," said a young man who came through the door. "It's kinda dangerous through there. Be careful."
"Dangerous?" said Sora. Had the man come from a world that got swallowed by the shadows, too? From what he'd seen of the First District, this town definitely didn't seem at all dangerous.
Mr. Ban came over to Sora and the young man. "I see that you met my friend Atlas."
"Atlas?"
"Yeah," said the young man. "That's me. Me and Mr. Ban are from the same world."
"Wow, I didn't know that," Sora pondered. He then turned to the door and walked through after being by the man, Atlas by name, told of a strange group in the next district. Maybe it was Kairi and Riku... Hope swelling up in his chest, Sora opened the door to the Second District. On the other side was a narrow street.
"Kairi! Riku!" he shouted. No one answered. He kept walking, a little let down. Right in front of him a man turned a corner and fell over.
"Whoa! Are you ok?!" Sora went to help him, but the man's chest began to glow with red light. A glittering heart-shaped thing floated up and was sucked into a small shadowy orb that appeared in the air.
Was that... the same sort of shadowy orb he'd seen on the island?!
Without thinking, Sora held the Keyblade out ready to fight. The orb took on a humanoid shape for an instant, then disappeared. And then a little black monster came up out of the ground.
"These things were on the island...!"It was the same as the little shadowy things he'd found off before. "They're here too?!"
They appeared one after another, and they were coming for Sora.
He brought the glowing Keyblade down on them, and after one or two blows, they disappeared.
"There's no end to 'em!" More and more little shadowy creatures came, and Sora ran through the Second District square, striking them down as he went.

Usagi and her group were in the Second District hotel.
"It doesn't look like anyone's here," said Minako, opening the front door. It certainly did seem lonesome.
"Leon!" Makoto called as she left the hotel.
"I wonder where he could be?" Ami kept scanning with her supercomputer, looking this way and that, looking out at the Second District square.
"Did something pop up, Ami?" asked Rei.
"There was a spike in energy just now."
Usagi stared out toward the square, but didn't see anyone. "Maybe it was a ghost?"
"Brr... I hope not!" shivered Chibiusa.
"No... there's something out there..."

Sora hurtled down another street to avoid more shadows and caught his breath. Nobody would be able to handle that many. He stretched his arms and took a deep breath. To win, you have to start with a clear head. Then you can outwit your opponent. That's what Wakka always said.
I'm okay. I won't lose.
And Sora opened the door to the Third District.

The girls glanced every which way as they walked through the alleys of the Second District.
"I guess it might have been a glitch," Ami said, sounding dismayed.
"It happens, Ami," reassured Usagi.
"But you're the one who doesn't know how to handle computers, Usagi!" teased Rei. "And you call yourself the leader of the Sailor Guardians!... Ah?!"
Something poked Rei in the back. She jumped back.
"Excuse me. Are you friends of Mamoru...?"
Standing behind them was a smiling young woman in a pink dress and red jacket.
"You know Mamo-kun?!" asked Usagi.
"Oh yes," she replied brightly.
"Careful, Usagi. It might be a trick!" Rei pulled out a few ofuda.
"But she looks too nice to be trouble," said Usagi.
"You said the same thing about Murido," said Luna. "And she turned out to be a Youma!"
"But I didn't know that she was evil then until she popped her head into herself. Something about this woman is different from that."
"How would you know?" asked Minako, curious about the past experience.
Confused, Usagi looked from her friends to the girl. Her long brown braid swayed, and she looked a little worried, then she smiled again.
"You must be looking for Leon, right?"
"...Leon?!"
Hearing that name, the girls shot up.
"Mamoru has already contacted him. Let's go—it's not very safe out here."
"Girls, what should we do?"
"Really, Usagi? You're already second guessing yourself?" That was Ami looking at Usagi's questioning.
The girl looked back and laughed. "So you're the Sailor Guardians. I'm Aerith Gainsborough. It's nice to meet you."

"I guess they're not here..."
After running around the Third District, Sora came back to the Second and stood in front of the fountain, looking up at the night sky.
That group of newcomers that Atlas had mentioned probably weren't Kairi and Riku after all...
Somehow, he got the feeling that he'd meet someone here in this town. But after all this searching, he still hadn't found Riku or Kairi.
"What do I do now...?"
Then Sora remembered what Cid at the Accessory Shop had told him. He could go there if he was ever in trouble. But just as he was thinking about it, more black shadows came up out of the ground.
"These things just won't go away...!" Sora ran at them with the Keyblade ready. It felt like he was getting better at using it.
"I just know I'll find them."
He took down the shadows and hurried back to the First District.

"Hey there, how… Oh, it's just Sora."
"What d'you mean, just me?" It wasn't unlike their exchange when Sora had first walked into the Accessory Shop, but this time instead of dashing up to the counter, he plodded.
"Still can't find your buddies, huh?"
"No…" Cid sure did seem to read him easily, Sora thought. "…But I keep feeling like I'll find somebody here!"
"Hmmm..." Cid stroked the stubble on his chin. "Well then, you don't wanna give up now. Why don't ya take another look around?"
"I guess you're right..."
Cid shot him a grin and a thumbs up. "'Course I am."
"OK. I'll look some more!"
"That's the spirit, kid. Good thing you got plenty of energy."
"I'm not a kid!"
"Even better!"
There was Atlas just walking in, chuckling at the joke he just made. Cid and Sora chuckled as well. With this boost of encouragement, Sora ran out the shop again.
Then he heard another man's voice. "They'll come at you out of nowhere."
"Who are you?" Sora jumped down the steps in front of the shop and turned with the Keyblade ready to face the man behind him.
"And they'll keep on coming at you, as long as you continue to wield the Keyblade." The man had a strange kind of sword across his back, a huge gun with a blade at the end of it. His long hair fluttered in the night breeze, and a smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth.
Then he let out a sigh, his shoulders drooping. The breeze moved his hair aside, revealing a big scar on his face. "But why? Why would it choose a kid like you?"
"Hey, What's that supposed to mean?"
"Never mind. Now, let's see that Keyblade."
The man came closer. Sora shifted, ready to fight. "What? There's no way you're getting this!"
(Music cue: Maybe I'm a Lion)
He smiled coldly. "Alright, then have it your way... the hard way."
He took out the strange sword—the Gunblade—and lunged straight for Sora. A chain attached to the barrel jingled. At the end was a silver charm shaped like a lion's head, which gleamed in the moonlight.
"I knew it! You're with them!" Sora yelled.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that." The man closed in and attacked Sora with a ferocious blow.
Sora barely managed to block with the Keyblade, but it almost seemed like the force might break it. He was stronger than anyone Sora had fought before. Stronger than Wakka or Tidus or Riku.
"You're not bad," the man remarked, smiling and leaoing back. From just that one attack, Sora was out of breath.
Maybe he was no match for someone like this...
"So, how about this?" The Gunblade came at him from the side. Sora dodged by a hair's breadth, nearly defeated by the man's speed. His invincible smirk made Sora feel like he was being toyed with.
"I'm not done yet!"
This time the Gunblade rained down blows from above. Clang! Clang! Sora could feel the impact right through the Keyblade, all the way in his bones.
Groaning, he jumped back, dodging again, and then rushed in an attack. "Hyaaaah!"
He attacked upward, from below, and he definitely made contact. But...
"You really aren't done, huh?"
A blow came down hard onto Sora's head, knocking him back, and then he wasn't sure what happened. But it felt like he was thrown into the air for a long time, and he could see the night sky drifting peacefully above.
He fell flat on his back and his head met the cobblestones with a thump. Everything went dark.
"Whew..." The man shouldered his Gunblade. From behind him, he heard someone applauding.
"Hey, you found it. Nice going, Leon."
He turned and a black-haired girl was standing there. She shrugged and grinned. With the giant shuriken strapped to her back, she looked like a fighter, too.
"Cid told me," he said.
"Hmm."
She ran up to Sora and knelt down to gently touch his head. For someone who'd lost a fight, the kid looked pretty uncomfortable, his eyes closed as if he was just napping. "Looks like he's not hurt too badly."
"Of course he isn't. I did go easy on him." Leon put the Gunblade away and picked up Sora to carry him on one shoulder. "Still... It looks like things are worse than we thought. A lot worse."

His head was spinning. And it hurt a little, too. Huh, what was just happening...?
"Come on, lazy bum. Wake up."
It was Kairi's voice. Sora regained consciousness, and Kairi was staring into his face, looking worried
Finally...!
"You okay?"
"I guess..." He sat up slowly, hazily trying to focus on Kairi. Was he dreaming?
"Those creatures that attacked you are after the Keyblade. But it's your heart they really want, because you wield the Keyblade."
"I'm so glad that you're okay, Kairi..." Sora sided in relief. Now they just had to find Riku...
"Kairi? Who are you talking about? I'm the great ninja Yuffie Kisaragi."
"Huh?"
Sora looked closer at the girl in front of him. Her hair did look like Kairi's, except that it wasn't the same color, and her face was different, too.
Yuffie turned to the main standing behind her. "I think you might've overdone it, Squall."
"That's Leon."
That was the man that Sora had fought in the square. He stiffened. "You're..."
"We're not bad guys. Take a look around," Leon said reassuringly.
"Where..."
It looked like they were in a room in the hotel he'd seen in the Second District. The bed Sora had just woken up in was nice and soft, and next to him there was a cool, damp towel they must have been using to ice his head. The Keyblade rested against the wall.
"Yeah, we had to get it away from you to shake off those creatures," said Yuffie. "It turns out that's how they were tracking you."
"It was the only way to conceal your heart from them," Leon went on.
Conceal his heart...? Sora looked up at him.
"Once you lost consciousness, the lost track of your heart. But it won't work for long. Still hard to believe that you of all people are the chosen one." Leon picked up the Keyblade and swung it through the air. It sparkled and vanished from Leon's hand, then reappeared in Sora's. "Well, I suppose beggars can't be choosers."
"Why don't you start making sense!" Sora complained. "What's going on here?"
Leon and Yuffie looked at each another.

Back in another room at the hotel, Usagi and her fellow Sailor Guardians listened to Aerith, patient and serious. When they'd been sent to look for Leon before, there hadn't been anyone here, but now they could head other people in the next room, too.
"Okay, you know there are many other worlds out there besides your city and this town, right?"
"Yep!" Minako nodded. "But apparently they're supposed to be a secret."
"That's right—They've been secret because they've never been connected. Until now." Aerith looked down sadly. "Then everything changed when the Heartless came."
"The Heartless?" said Usagi.
"Maybe you haven't seen any yet. Dark shadowy creatures... Those are the Heartless." She stood restlessly.
"Are they some sort of spirit?" asked Ami.
"Yes. They're like evil spirits that live in the darkness." Pacing slowly, she paused in front of the window and looked out at the city lights. "The darkness in people's hearts—that's what attracts them. And there's darkness within every heart..."
"Well, not ours!" said Chibiusa, hopping to her feet.
"What are you talking about, Chibiusa?" asked Usagi. "Are you forgetting about..." She made a gesture down her body as if wearing a flowing dress and then holding her fingers to her head as if they were horns. Chibiusa grumbled and gave her stink-eye; she was referring to her brief corruption at the hands of Wiseman when she was turned into Black Lady.
Aerith shook her head. "Even a little fear is enough to turn a heart to darkness. Sometimes." She looked as if she'd remembered something painful—then she smiled, as if to shake off her own darkness. "Have you heard of a man named Ansem?"
"Ansem...?" Ami cocked her head and exchanged glances with the rest of the guardians. Neither of them had heard a name like that. Perhaps Setsuna might.
"He was studying the Heartless. He recorded all of his findings in a very detailed report."
"Huh... can we see it?" Rei held out her hand, but Aerith shook her head.
"Its pages are scattered everywhere."
"So much for that plan..."
"Across many worlds." Aerith sat down on the bed again.
"So these Heartless things came... Then the worlds were connected... And the stars started going out... And there's a report about the Heartless... And Mamo-kun left..." Usagi thought aloud. "So...?" The idea came to her as she pounded a fist into her other palm. "Oh, then maybe Mamo-kun went to find them."
"Yes, that's what I was thinking, too," said Aerith.
"Well we have all the more reason to find him!" Makoto shot up as if they had to hurry right away.
Rei stood fast with her arms crossed. "But don't we need the key first?" she asked Aerith.
"That's right. The Keyblade. Aerith looked toward the neighboring room.

"So... this is the key?" Sora held up the Keyblade, staring at it.
"Exactly!" Yuffie nodded.
"The Heartless have great fear of the Keyblade," said Leon. "That's why they'll keep coming after you no matter what."
"Well, I didn't ask for this," Sora protested.
"The Keyblade chooses its master. And it chose you!" Yuffie poked the Keyblade.
Leon gave them a cynical smile. "So tough luck."
"Tough luck? C'mon... I mean, how did all this happen? I remember being in my room..." Then Sora gasped and leaped to his feet, looking at them frantically. "Wait a minute! What happened to my home? My island? Riku! Kairi!"
Leon shook his head. "You know what? I really don't know."
"But...!"
"Calm down. There's still more to explain." Leon quieted him with a look.
Somehow feeling like he had to listen to Leon, Sora sat down again. But his heart was still racing.
Kairi, Riku... Our island...
What could have happened to them?
"Did you see a large door open?" Leon asked.
"...Yeah, I did."
That big white door, and then... But there must have been a door before that.
"Each world has a Keyhole. And each Keyhole is connected to the heart of that world."
"The heart of a world...?"
"No one knows what the heart of a world looks like yet. But the Heartless come in search of the Keyholes." Leon pushed his hair back and glanced toward the neighboring room.
"The Heartless enter through the Keyhole and do something to the world's core," said Yuffie, peering closely at Sora and poking at the Keyblade.
"And then what happens?" Sora asked.
"Darkness comes out from the Keyhole. And then the world disappears."
"What!?" Sora jumped up again, staring at the other two. That great big door. And the Darkness that poured forth from it. The collapsing island... "Like our world did?"
"That's right," said Leon gravely. "That's why you have to lock the Keyholes."
Sora weakly shook his head. "But I have to find Kairi and Riku..."
"The worlds that are destroyed get scattered across other worlds," Yuffie told him gently. "So, while you're visiting other worlds, maybe you'll find your friends."
At that Sora looked up.
"Maybe. There's still a lot we don't know," said Leon.
"Okay... So I have to lock these worlds, right? But how do I get to..."
Sora trailed off. They felt a strange presence.
"Leon!" Yuffie pointed at the corner. A shadow had appeared there—a Heartless.
"Yuffie, go!" Leon shouted. She took the shuriken from her back and dashed out to the neighboring room. Sora sat there bewildered..
"Sora, let's go!"
"But—!"
"The Heartless have sniffed you out. The darkness in your heart... in the heart of the Keyblade wielder!"
"Darkness—?"
"Sora, stay with me!"
One after another, Leon destroyed the Heartless that came for Sora. Bu Sora wasn't moving—he couldn't.
The Keyblade was shining in his hand.
Worlds were disappearing. Worlds had already disappeared—like Destiny Island.
And his friends were gone. Kairi and Riku.
I have to do this, he thought
"SORA!"
"Right!" Finally he stood up, holding tight to the Keyblade.
"Take this!" Leon swung his Gunblade and sent the Heartless flying. The window shattered, and Leon simply leaped through it to the outside. Sora followed and landed after him. The alleyway behind the hotel was swarming with Heartless. No matter how many they defeated, more appeared.
"Don't bother with the small fry," said leon. "Find the leader! Let's go!" He ran with Sora close on his heels.

"So, that's how it is..."
"Sounds like we really need that key," said Ami, and just then there was a commotion from the next room.
The door flew open and a black-haired girl came running in. "Aerith!"
"...Yuffie?" Aerith stood up from the bed.
"The Heartless are here! It's not safe in here anymore!" Yuffie shouted, attacking the Heartless that were coming in from the other room.
"And that's them?" said Makoto, putting up a fighting stance.
"That's right!" Yuffie replied.
"Let's go girls!" Usagi readied her brooch, and then—
"Look out!"
Heartless flew into the room and slammed themselves into Usagi and Chibiusa.
"Oof!" Knocked back, they crashed through the window and out into empty air, their screams echoed through the city.

Hearing some odd shrieks from overhead, Sora looked up but just a moment too late.
"Look out!"
"Waaah!"
"Oof..."
Chibiusa landed on her rear on top of Sora, and the rest of the girls crashed in various poses on top of them.
"What just happened...," Sora mumbled, still holding on to the Keyblade even while being smooshed.
Six voices chorused from on top of him "The key!"
And then something strange came over the Second District.
(Music Cue: Magnificent Moon Prism Power Make-Up G12)
"Wh-what's going on?!"
The seven got up nearly all at once as Sora readied his Keyblade. With a roaring rumble, stone walls rose up out of the ground, separating Sora from the others in the Second District square.
And then Heartless after heartless sprang up and headed straight for him. Sora then saw something happen as he looked in the direction of where he saw the girls as he saw a bright light emanate from their side of the walls, shattering it.
"Moon Prism Power…"
"Mercury Prism Power…"
"Mars Prism Power…"
"Jupiter Prism Power…"
"Venus Prism Power…"
"Pink Moon Prism Power…"
"Makeup!!"
(Music Cue: Magnificent Moon Prism Power Make-Up H1)
Right before Sora's eyes six female shapes appeared before him and were enveloped with a rainbow light. It was as if he was seeing the girls transform into something more powerful as their outfits were replaced with more elaborate clothing with each piece appearing as each girl made a pose to go with. When the light subsided, what he saw were six girls, five teens and one youngster, all wearing decorative sailor uniforms, all color-coded blue, azure, red, green, yellow, and pink. The girl in the blue skirt spoke.
(Music Cue: Scatterbrained By Nature J15)
"How dare you steal the hearts of people and attack other worlds! These are two of the things that help make life possible!"
She then raised her hand up and got into a few poses. "I am the Pretty Guardian, who fights for love and for justice! I am Sailor Moon!"
"Sailor Mercury!" The azure.
"Sailor Mars!" The red.
"Sailor Jupiter!" The green.
"Sailor Venus!" The orange.
The pink one, smaller than the rest piped in. "And I am the Pretty Guardian Trainee, Sailor Chibimoon!"
The first pointed at the Heartless. "And now, in the name of the Moon…"
"…we'll punish you!"
Sora couldn't believe his eyes as the Sailor Guardians, as he had come to understand them as in the fifteen seconds that he saw them before and after transformation, were able to hold their own against the Heartless attackers, although not fully able to defeat them. Sailor Mercury was using attacks based on water and ice, Venus using psionics, Mars using fire and paper talismans, Jupiter using thunder, Chibimoon using a magic wand to fire hearts, and Sailor Moon using light.
Not to be outdone, Sora leaped into a swarm of Heartless. There were more than a few but he was pretty sure that seven can take care of the them.
"Hey, not bad!" he called.
"Well, I am a Sailor Guardian, y'know!" Sailor Mars shot back.
"Here come some more!" Sailor Mercury told them.
Sora knocked a Heartless back and Sailor Venus finished it off with a chain attack. Sailor Jupiter attacked another one and threw it into the Keyblade's path. They fought perfectly together, almost as if they'd been comrades all along.
When the Heartless were all defeated, the group finally got to look at one another for the first time, and they smiled.
But in the very next moment, a huge bundle of metal fell clanking out of the sky.
"Whoa!" Sailor Chibimoon skittered back and forth, trying to avoid being crushed.
The metal pieces bounced up off the ground and amassed together in the center of the square into the shape of an enormous suit of armor.
"Is that another one of the Heartless?!" Sailor Jupiter said, readying another lightning attack.
Sora Nodded. "I bet this one's the leader!"
A helmet landed atop the suit of armor. Sora, Sailor Moon, and the other Sailor Guardians were confronted with a giant Heartless—the Guard Armor.
"D... do you think we can beat it...?"
"...If we all fight together, we'll be okay." Sora rested the Keyblade on his shoulder to look at his new allies.
"But we've never fought together before..." said Sailor Moon.
"We'll be fine! I'm Sora!" He gave them a lopsided grin.
"Usagi Tsukino here."
"Ami Mizuno."
"Minako Aino."
"Rei Hino."
"Makoto Kino."
"Chibiusa Tsukino!"
They introduced themselves just in time before the Guard Armor came rushing at them.
"Here we go!"
The group ran under it. First, Sora jumped up and attacked the main bulk of it, but the Guard Armor didn't seem to take the hit at all.
"Yipe!" The parts started moving on their own and a foot nearly hit Sailor Chibimoon.
"Are you okay?" Sailor Mercury ran over to help her. In the meantime, Sora and the other five were dodging the other foot and arms that came for them.
"Rin. Pyou. Tou. Sha. Kai. Jin. Retsu. Zai. Zen! Evil spirit begone!" Sailor Mars hit the right and with a paper talisman, but it didn't do much damage either. The parts of the Guard Armor were moving about with minds of their own, closing in on them.
"It's not doing any good!" With the left foot pursuing her, Sailor Moon struck back with a staff that was adorned with a crescent moon before she headed to a corner of the square.
"Take this! And this!" Sailor Venus was striking the right foot with a sword, and it finally seemed to weaken. Sora ran up and attacked it, striking with a huge clang.
"I got it! If we're gonna beat this thing, we have to gang up on one part at a time!" he shouted, whaling away at the right foot.
Sailor Moon came running out of her corner. "Right!"
"Stardust Stream Hit!" Sailors Moon, Mercury and Mars struck with a combined energy attack.
"Crescent Thunder!" Sailors Venus and Jupiter struck with a boomerang of lightning.
Both attacks stuck their targets, causing the foot to explode.
"There we go!" Sora pumped his fist in the air. "Now for the left foot!"
They concentrated their attacks again as he said, and this time easily disabled the left foot.
"That was pretty good!" Sailor Venus yelled, and this time she rushed with her sword to the Guard Armor's right hand. It was spinning around, which made it hard to hit, but the group of Sailor Guardians took it out, and then the left hand, too.
"Now it's just the torso!"
Sailor Chibimoon and Sailor Moon blasted the torso with a barrage of energy. At this point all they could do was wear down the Guard Armor's strength.
"Take this!"
Sora took a flying leap and struck the torso, and the Guard Armor fell like a marionette that had its strings cut.
"Is... that it...?"
"Take that and that and that!" Sailor Chibimoon kept on hitting the immobile Guard Armor with her Pink Sugar Heart Attack.
And then... A big heart floated up out of the torso.
"Huh..."
As they all watched, the Guard armor dissolved into little sparks of light and disappeared.
"Alright! We won!" Sora jumped at Sailor Moon and hugged her.
"Whoa!"
"We did it!" cried Sailor Chibimoon who did the same.
Smooshed between them, Sailor Moon let out a squeak.
"Not too shabby, Sora."
Sora looked up to see Leon standing atop the wall.
"Well, I didn't beat it myself, you know." Sora smiled, speaking past Sailor Moon.
"Yeah! He had the Sailor Guardians to—"
Sailor Mercury hushed her from butting in.
"So you've already met?" said Leon.
"Met...? Well, we know each other's names...," Sora replied.
"I see." Leon jumped down from the wall. "They’ve been looking for you."
"...For me?"
"For the wielder of the Keyblade."
Sora turned uneasily back to the Sailor Guardians.
" Hey, why don't you come with us?" Sailor Venus said, taking a step towards Sora. "We can go to other worlds on our vessel."
"Other worlds..."
"We're looking for our friend," Sailor Moon explained.
"I wonder if I could find Riku and Kairi..."
"Of course!" said Sailor Mars.
Sora looked at Leon, hoping for some kind of advice.
"Sora, go with them. Especially if you want to find your friends."
"Yeah, I guess."
Could he really find Kairi and Riku?"
And he had just been fighting alongside these wonderful girls so well, but could he keep doing that? Anyway, it was really just about the Keyblade...
Wait, no. Sora remembered. He'd alreadly made the decision that this was something he had to do.
But... can I really do anything?
"Sora..." Sailor Jupiter, or rather Makoto Kino, gave him a serious look. "You can't come along looking like that."
"Huh? Why not!?"
It was Minako who protested first. Sora kept staring at Makoto unhappily.
"No frowning. No sad face. Okay?" Makoto made a sad face and a frown, scrunching up her brows on purpose.
"Oh yeah, that's right. Only smiles can come aboard the Lunar Ark." Minako brought her face closer to Sora's and screwed her face up in a dorky smile. "You have to look funny, like us!"
"This boat runs on happy faces." Ami said with a heartwarming smile.
Still hanging his head, Sora thought about it a little, and...
"Cheeeese...?" He made his eyes pop and smiled as wide as he could.
The Girls burst out into laughter. "Yeah, like that Sora!"
"But that face... is too funny..." Chibiusa was rolling on the floor laughing.
"Seriously..." Even Leon cracked a wry smile."
"Okay, why not? I'll go with you girl," Sora said with a real smile. "I'm going to find them.
"So let's do this right. Usagi Tsukino!" She held out her hand.
"Ami Mizuno."
"Minako Aino."
"Rei Hino."
"Makoto Kino."
"Chibiusa Tsukino!" They placed their hands on top of each other's.
"And I'm Sora!" Finally Sora did the same, adding his hand atop theirs.
"All for one and one for all!" Usagi's voice rang out.
With no Heartless for the moment, Traverse Town felt a little quieter and friendlier.
"So if there's any trouble, just come back here," Leon told Sora and the others once they had prepared to leave.
"Got it!" Sora replied, smiling.
"And we might find our friend!" said Ami.
Aerith nodded. "Besides, we still haven't found the door in Traverse Town. As long as the door stays unlocked, the Heartless will probably keep coming."
"Even if they do, there's nothing to worry about with Yuffie on the job!" Yuffie grinned.
"We'll make sure to find the door before you come back," said Leon.
Sora nodded.
Aerith took a step closer, looking a little worried. "Be careful, Sora."
"I'll be okay. I've got the Sailor Guardians with me now!"
"Yeah, leave it to us!" Usagi pounded on her chest, making Aerith smile.
"Good thing you've made some friends."
"Yeah!"
"Let's go, Sora!" said Usagi, and Sora started toward the gate.
"Don't let your guard down," Leon said after him. "Hold onto your heart."
Sora waved the Keyblade over his head in reply.

(Music cue: Villains of a Sort)
The black shadows gathered around a stone pedestal. In the center of it was a ring of light, showing a vision of Sora, Sailor Moon, and her friends.
"That mongrel took down that Heartless! Who'd have thought it?"
"Such is the power of the Keyblade. The child's strength is not his own."
"Why don't we turn him into a Heartless?" A female voice laughed. "That'll settle things quick enough."
"And the brat's friends are the Sailor Guardians. They're all worthless pieces of refuse by the look of them."
"You're no prize yourself."
"Silence!"
In the room were a group of figures. They were a man in golden armor, a boy in a chunnari, a cloaked figure with a white mask, and a pair of red skinned demon girls in beige uniforms. One of the succubi and the cloaked man—Kneesocks and Gargoyle—had begun to argue. A sixth voice cut them off. "Enough."
This was Germatoid, wearing a suit of human form, itself wearing a white lab coat and shiny round glasses.
"The Keyblade has chosen him. Will it be he who conquers the darkness? Or will the darkness swallow him? Either way, he could be quite useful".
Germatoid's smile expanded into a leering red crescent as he looked to his comrades: Judar, Gilgamesh, Gargoyle, Scanty Daemon, and her sister Kneesocks.
"Ah yes, the Sailor Guardians! I have had the trouble of running into them once! Back when this form wasn't some recreation."

A mysterious space opened up outside the gate, and an impressive ship was there to meet them, not quite an airplane and not quite a submarine.
"This is the Lunar Ark. C'mon, let's get going!" Minako was itching to give Sora his first ride on this ship. At that moment, Artemis appeared from the open door.
"Are you finished here?"
"Whoa!" Startled by Artemis, Sora fell back on his behind. "That cat just spoke!"
"Of course I can. I'm Artemis, a faithful companion to Minako."
"And I'm Luna, faithful companion to Usagi." Sora was taken aback by the black cat speaking as well. A third voice chimed in.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Diana!" It was the kitten from earlier.
"Gee, you surprised me! I'm Sora. Nice to meet you." Sora got up and started to pet her, eliciting a purr from her.
"Likewise, I'm sure!" said Luna. "While we normally accompany the Sailor Guardians, we will be staying on the ship alongside the other four Guardians to keep an eye over things."
"Other four Guardians?" Sora asked. His question was answered when he saw the young girl with black hair, tall woman with long green hair, and the pair of an elegant lady and butch woman.
"I see that the mission was successful, my queen," said the tall woman.
"A Queen!?" Sora looked at the Guardians he had accompanied onboard. Usagi was nervously tapping her fingers.
"Well, I'm not queen yet."
Usagi took the time to introduce Sora to Hotaru Tomoe alias Sailor Saturn, Haruka Tenou alias Sailor Uranus, Michiru Kaiou alias Sailor Neptune, and Setsuna Meiou alias Sailor Pluto.
"Now that introductions have completed," said Setsuna, "is everyone one ready?"
"Ready!" We got plenty of items and snacks and accessories, too." Chibiusa thumped her chest.
"That's good, Small Lady."
"I don't see why we're still here," said Haruka. "Let's get this ship moving!"
Haruka moved to the pilot's seat and started the Ark. Together they took off into the Other Sky, to unknown worlds.
"Since we are starting off on this new venture," said Michiru. "I think it would be best for Sora and the rest to train together in a world suited for such."
"Fate can be fun at times, Michiru," said Setsuna. A radar on the Ark's dashboard showed a world that was relatively close.
"This world is a good spot for training against monsters such as the Heartless."
The world appeared to look like a coliseum, but with technological devices appearing from the sides and a holographic globe in the center, sometimes morphing into the shape of a goblet.
"Then I think we found our first stop!" shouted Usagi.

(Music cue: Wanting to Be Together with You)

Ever since I met you
There’s been a light shining in my heart
My love for you aches in me
Quietly I close my eyes
Every little action
Even ordinary words
Whenever I remember them
I feel tears well up
Right now it’s Baby Baby love
But I hope that one day we can look back
At these tearful nights with a smile
I want to be together with you

(Music Cue: to be continued, Fate/Zero)

"In the past, there have been numerous attempts to install a different order to replace the current order."
"He's a real hero chosen by the Keyblade!"
"What's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"The mongrel down there… He shall be your opponent."
"Not interested.
"As you wish…"

Next time: Chaldea: Grand Order of Heroic Spirits

Now I realized that I never actually showed how the Sailor Guardians look after their transformation. This is despite the fact that they are now in highschool and have fought against Sailor Cosmos. Well worry no more:
1700839330266.jpeg
I am giving the Sailor Guardians their classic look from the first season to help with the feeling of this being the beginning of a new adventure.

As for the NPCs that talk to Sora in this chapter, they are not so much random as they are connected by a single author, that being Osamu Tezuka.
1700839433040.png
First I want to bring up Atlas. Normally, Atlas is presented as a robot, notably if he is in something involving Astro Boy. Here, I am using his appearance from Metropolis where he is 100% human.

1700839522459.png
The second one is that of Shunsaku Ban, also called Higeoyaji. He is another regular from Astro Boy, so I saw to it to make no changes to his overall appearance. He will be the main stand-in for the Nephews and Scrooge for this series.

Last edited:

Tailikku1

Awards
The group arrived in possibly the strangest of places: a completely snow-covered wasteland. Sora began to shiver from the cold.

"It's cold! I need a coat!"

Chibiusa shook her head. "Luna-P doesn't work that way." She gripped onto her black cat ball.

"I guess he's too used to the beach," said Makoto.

"Hey, islander, what can I say?"

Ami strained her eyes through the snowfall and saw a building standing out in the ice. "We should head there. We can probably warm up there and find out what this world is."

With a look of agreement, they all rushed up to the building.

人理保障機関カルデア : 英霊グランドオーダー
Chaldea Security Organization : Grand Order of Heroic Spirits

The interior of the building was all shiny and lined with white metallic walls, steel floorings, and white lights. The group wandered the hallways for a while until they came upon a desk where a man with red hair in a white lab coat was facing away from them.

"Um..." asked Sora.

"Oh good, you've arrived," said the man, not turning around. "I need some help around here, if only for some last minute cleaning before the games begin."

He then gestured over to a massive pedestal. "You can probably start with that over there."

Sora shrugged and along with the Sailor Guardians, began to heave the pedestal. But it was too heavy to move.

"It's way too heavy!" shouted Usagi.

"It weighs a ton!" shouted Sora.

"What? Too heavy?" stammered the man. "Why is it that you have no strength now?" At this question, the man turned around to show a gentle face with soft green eyes.

"Oh… I'm sorry. I guess I must have mistaken you for someone else." The man scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "Welcome to the Chaldea Security Organization. A research facility looking into all timelines and worlds for the protection of mankind."

Ami looked shocked. Normally, no one from any other world was supposed to know about the existence of others. She sent a text message to Setsuna over her device, waiting for the ancient Guardian to respond.

"Protection of mankind?" asked Sora.

"Yes," said the man. "In the past, there have been numerous attempts to install a different order to replace the current order. One to erase mankind, another to replace history."

Such a comment led to the group looking shocked over such thoughts.

"But today, having found brief respite from such threats, we celebrate with a show of strength in our simulated Coliseum. That is, among those who are Heroic Spirits."

He then looked at them. "And yet, I can't seem to detect anything heroic about you students… and I certainly don't recall having been sent a memo from Da Vinci about field trips."

Usagi stood up front. "Well you've got heroes standing right in front of you!"

Chibiusa jumped in. "And he's a real hero chosen by the Keyblade!"

Minako joined in with Sora folding his arms. "And we're heroes, too."

The man smiled, closed his eyes, and shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I don't think you have what it takes." Sora frowned.

"But I can bend things a bit to see what you are capable of." The man took the group down the halls. "May I ask what your names are?"

Sora introduced himself and the other Guardians. "A pleasure to meet you all. I am Dr. Romani(Row-MAH-nee) Archaman(Ark-AH-mun), the current director of Chaldea." Romani then led them to the coliseum.

"This training procedure is simple: You need to break all the barrels summoned within the time limit."

At the blow of the whistle, Sora began to hack away at the barrels using the Keyblade. After three rounds of hacking, Romani called for Sora to cease.

"I'm impressed, Sora."

"Looks like I'm headed for the games." Sora puffed his chest out in pride.

"Not quite. Again, the only people to participate in the Coliseum are Heroic Spirits, of which none of you have the qualifications for."

"Come on!"

"As much as I want to see you partake, I can't bend the rules to allow you unless you have a pass. But until then, I might as well give you this form of Magecraft."

Sora was then given a Magic Card with the image of a thunderbolt on it. Sora and the Guardians were about to leave the room until a deep voice chimed in behind them.

"Now calm down, doctor. I can potentially vouch for them."

The owner of the voice was a tall man with a full head of crimson hair and matching beard. The man wore the vestments of what would be expected of a Roman emperor, or even a Greek warrior, wearing bronze armor, pteryges, a pleated fustanella, sandals, greaves, and a red fur-trimmed cape.

"Oh, your highness. I didn't expect to see you here!"

The king softly chuckled. "No need to apologize." He turned to Sora and the girls. "Am I to assume that we have ourselves a tour group that wanted to partake in the games?"

While the king asked the question and conversed with Romani, Ami decided to check who this king was. Her eyes lit up from what she saw on her device: Alexander III of Macedonia, commonly known as Alexander the Great or as Iskandar the King of Conquerors. She was about to notify her fellow Guardians about who he was, or rather is, when the king knelt down next to them.

"You want to enter the games, right?" He then held up a golden slip of paper. "This ticket is all yours."

"Wow," said the group in unison.

"You can consider me your coach," the king said with a smile. "I made a promise to Romani that I would vouch for you in there, else my name isn't Alexander the Great." Iskandar broke out in a hearty laugh.

The Sailor Guardians looked at him in shock.

"What's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Maybe because they think you are," said Ami.

Iskandar rubbed his hand through his hair. "Well if I was one, how do you think I was able to give the boy the ticket?"

"Fair point," said Rei. "But why is the king of Greece here?"

"I guess I should explain…"

Iskandar then began to tell the group just what Heroic Spirits are. They were beings of a higher existence, having become a legend in their own life and became the object of worship after their passing. Their main job was to assist with various magi who partake in the Holy Grail Wars.

"Now, with these Grail Wars," said Iskandar, "There are usually seven of us Heroic Spirits serving these mage Masters as their Servants. Each one is of a different class." As he listed the classes, he drew a simplistic image of an icon while listing them out: a sword for the Sabers, a spear for the Lancers, a bow and arrow for the Archers, a wheel for the Riders, a wand for the Casters, a knife for the Assassins, and an axe for the Berserkers.

"I myself am of the Rider Class," as he spoke, he summoned his horse Bucephalus and saddled up. "My trusted steed is the main reason why." Chibiusa reached up to the stallion as if to pet him. The horse lowered his head and nudged his snout into the small girl's hand. "He's much gentler than he appears. I should know, I trained him myself after I calmed him down many years ago."

"What about Romani?" asked Makoto. "Is he one?"

Iskandar looked at the doctor who was leaving the Coliseum. "No, he is not a Heroic Spirit. Not that I am aware of."

Sora looked at the ticket. "So I guess we can enter the games now?"

"I guess so," said Usagi.

"Then without further ado, we shall start with the preliminaries!" shouted Iskandar. "Just be warned that some suspicious figures have decided to join the games."

Sora and the others were now in the arena in the Coliseum as the program started up, beginning the first round. They had four Shadows and three Blue Rhapsodies to face off against. It was in this first round that the girls all transformed into their Sailor Guardian forms, something that Iskandar could believe his eyes with what he saw. At the end of the round, Iskandar dismounted Bucephalus and ran up to the group.

"You didn't tell me that you had powers of your own!"

"Well you never asked," explained Sailor Moon.

"I guess I should bring up with my Master that something that looks like it came from his students' anime has decided to join," he then turned to Sora. "And you boy, what is that? Does it mean that you are secretly a Saber?"

"I don't think so. I only just got this weapon." Sora held out the Keyblade, showing it to Iskandar, who studied it closely.

"Hm! I believe I have seen a weapon like this before! The Temple of Zeus, if I recall correctly!" Iskandar shook his head. "But enough reminiscing about the days prior to my conquest, let us continue with the preliminaries."

The next several rounds continued as Sora and the Guardians fought through numerous Heartless, all watched by passing Heroic Spirits and a lone warrior who was with a man in a set of golden armor.

"The mongrel down there… He shall be your opponent."

"The King of Heroes is afraid of a kid? Sorry, but my contract says—"

The warrior was cut off by the king. "I am well aware of what the contract says. I know that you're contracted to defeat the King of Knights in this tournament, but that mongrel is standing in your way."

The warrior walked away from the king.

"You think you're better than me, Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes?" The king scowled at the warrior. "You're not worthy of working for me, although…" His attention shifted to a bound up body that rumbled a low growl.

Sora and friends were about enter the final match. Their opponent stepped in: the warrior that spoke with Gilgamesh. He had spiked blonde hair, a dark blue suit, combat boots, a cape-like scarf, a black bat wing, and golden claws on one of his gloves. On his back was a massive steel blade, wrapped up in white bandages. Iskandar introduced him as Cloud Strife. The fight began as Sora and Cloud locked blades. Sora slid forward and struck, but Cloud dodged backward and jumped into the air. He slammed his sword into the ground with unnatural strength, knocking out Ami. Giving a loud yell, Cloud surged forward and struck Usagi, knocking her out before she could help Ami. Sora did his best against Cloud, but his experience was unmatched, and he knocked the wind out of Sora. He walked over to Sora, raising his sword to strike. Sora braced for impact, but it never came. From behind, Cloud heard heavy footsteps, as a large dragon-like woman loomed over them.

"Sora! Sailors! Cloud! Get out of there!" shouted Iskandar. "You don't have the strength to face her!"

From the seats, Gilgamesh laughed. "I forgot to mention, you less than nothing mist: Accidents happen to mongrels!"

The dragon-woman lunged to attack the group, but her claws were blocked by the sound of metal.

"Saber!" shouted Iskandar.

Sora looked at their rescuer. It was a young woman, looking close to 20 with short blond hair wearing a blue dress reinforced with steel armor and wielding a blade that was shining with a golden light.

"Rider! Get those people out of here! I'll hold her off!"

The group managed to get into the hallway outside of the Coliseum, where a surprised Romani looked at them alongside a beautiful young brunette woman with a red dress.

"What happened in there?" asked the woman.

"It was Tiamat," said Iskandar. "Gilgamesh sent her after the boy and Cloud in the middle of their fight."

The woman grit her teeth and shook her head. "Why is he even able to do that?"

"I'm sorry but what's going on?" asked Sailor Mercury. Apparently, the moment they set foot in the Coliseum her device started to ping off the hook regarding Gilgamesh, Saber, and this new woman. "And for that matter, who are you?"

"Well…" the woman got into a familiar pose, turning slightly with her right hand over her left wrist, and a gentle smile.

"Wait…" said Sailor Moon. "You're the Mona Lisa!?"

"More like, the artist behind the self-portrait." Indeed, the woman was Leonardo Da Vinci, famed Florentine scientist and artist.

"But what about that famous self-portrait of yours in red chalk?" asked Sailor Mars, holding up a photo of the particular portrait.

"Well, that was actually a portrait I did of my father."

Romani interjected. "That's not important right now. What was Gilgamesh trying to accomplish?"

"I wish I knew," said Cloud. "So, that was Tiamat huh? I expected more of a dragon with five serpentine heads."

"That's the one from Dungeons and Dragons," said Sailor Jupiter. "I should know, my former senpai had a friend that DM'ed a campaign that included her." Sailor Jupiter then held up an image of Tiamat's appearance from the game, showing a dark brown body, with five different colored heads (Green, Blue, Red, White, and Black) and a black tail ending in a scorpion-like spine.

"Well, this Tiamat is the one that inspired that one. The Mother of Genesis, as spoken of by the people of Ancient Babylon," said Da Vinci.

"But why is she here?" asked Sailor Venus.

"This is where the Class system I mentioned comes in," said Iskandar. He explained that there are anomalies in the Heroic Spirit summoning system, as more than the usual seven Classes can be summoned. Some Spirits strove to preserve the law, known as Rulers. Some were focused on their vengeance upon the world, being known as Avengers. Some were an existence taken out of or separated from a certain Spirit Origin and altered, becoming known as an Alter Ego. At least four known Heroic Spirits were known to have the Class of Moon Cancer, a Maverick class that was born from the Moon Cell supercomputer. One Servant was known to be a Shielder. At that moment, a young girl with a white jacket, short pink hair, and glasses walked by alongside another girl with red hair done up in pigtails in a white uniform. "And there she is now!" exclaimed Iskandar.

The pink-haired girl blushed, and chuckled a bit.

"Who is she?" asked Sora.

"That is Mash Kyrielight (Kee-ree-AY-light) and her own senpai, Ritsuka (REET-soo-KAH) Fujimaru (FOO-zhee-MAH-roo)," said Romani.

"They are two of Chaldea's best agents," said Da Vinci. "They have helped save this facility from time to time thanks to their ability to command more than one Servant.

Iskandar continued to explain that only one Servant fell into the Class of Voyager, a young boy known as Voyager, who was in fact an anthropomorphized version of the Voyager 1 space probe, making him the youngest Servant by far. Sailor Chibimoon began to blush, wondering what this boy looked like. Voyager's monotypic class overlapped with the class of the Foreigner, one that Chaldea was still looking into, but there was still a manner of correlation: they had attained their powers from an alien being, including those that had been mentioned in the works of a certain 20th century author. Iskandar then stated that another class existed known as the Pretender, so called that they are an opponent to the world through spinning impersonations, often keeping their True Name obscured until much later, even hiding their Class under a false one. Iskandar looked sad bringing this up, as one of his own followers, Hephaestion (Heh-FYE-stee-on) Mnemosyne (NEH-mo-ZEEN), was in such a class, acting as his Shadow so to speak.

"But what about Tiamat?" asked Sailor Moon.

"I was getting to her," said Iskandar. "She is of the class of the Beast. They represent the Evils of Humanity, born of the karma produced by the progress mankind has made. There are at least Seven in number. Once a Beast appears in a world, they will manifest in a chain-reaction like manner, one Evil of Humanity bringing other calamities that eventually culminate in 'the Final Evil'."

"Which Beast is she?" asked Sora.

"She is Beast II. But it appears that she has not fully awakened."

Sora stood up. "Then I'll go and stop her!"

Sora rushed in and grabbed Cloud by the scarf, dragging him back into the Coliseum. Saber was still fighting against the gigantic dragon-woman.

"We're here to help you!" Sora drew his Keyblade, while Cloud pulled out his sword.

"Kid, I have a bit of advice for you: Fight!"

Sora ran towards the Beast goddess, dodging her fireballs and stomps. Cloud ran up her back and sliced through her skin, letting out a painful yell. Sora was able to jump up to her face and hit her right between the eyes. The dragon stopped, roaring, and slammed her claws into the ground, sending a shockwave to the trio. Saber was able to parkour her way out of the blast radius of an energy beam.

"Stand back!" Sora and Cloud got behind Saber as she held out her sword. "All right. Let's finish this."

Saber held up her sword to her face and closed her eyes. "Sheathed in the breath of the planet, a torrent of shining life. Feel its wrath." Her eyes shot open as the sword now looked like a beacon of light.

"Ex…"

She raised her sword overhead.

"…calibur!!"

With a mighty swing of her sword, Saber launched an energy beam at Tiamat, heavily damaging the dragon, and causing her to shrink down in size to that of a smaller looking girl with similar features.

Sora could only look at Saber and her sword.

"Excalibur?"

"Yes. It was my Noble Phantasm."

"I had a raft that I named called 'Excalibur!'"

"Sora!" Iskandar charged in. "Thank goodness you're safe. Do you have any idea how much danger you were in!?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't afraid." Sora turned to Romani. "Maybe now you can decide if I have a Heroic Spirit or not."

"Oh, eh…" Romani scrambled to get something out of his jacket. "On behalf of the Chaldean Security Organization, I hereby name you all Honorary Heroic Spirits. I bestow upon you the full rights and privileges to partake in future events. Further—"

"Hey!" shouted Usagi, having transformed back to normal "What do you mean 'Honorary Heroic Spirits'?"

"As I said before, you're still alive. To be one, you need to have passed away."

Sora gripped his neck. The Sailor Guardians grumbled.

"But we died at least twice already," murmured Makoto.

"Well," stammered Romani. "This was awkward." He then gave Sora a keycard, emblazoned with Chaldea's symbol.

"Well, nothing left to do here for you," said Iskandar. "Tiamat made a mess during your fight, Saber."

"Well, I did wear her down a bit before Sora and Cloud charged in."

Sora turned to Cloud. "So why did you go along with Gilgamesh, anyway?"

The blonde leaned his head pensively on his hands. "I'm looking for someone. Gilgamesh offered his assistance. I tried to exploit the power of darkness, but it backfired."

He stood up and looked out the window to the snowy landscape. "I fell into darkness, and I couldn’t find the light."

"You'll find it. Besides, I'm searching too."

"For your own?"

Sora nodded to Cloud, who in response, gave Sora a keychain, Metal Chocobo.

"If you find it, don't lose sight of it." Cloud began to walk away.

"How about a rematch sometime? Fair and square, no dark powers involved."

Cloud rubbed his hand through his hair. "Not interested."

Sora and the Guardians left Chaldea. But there was still something brewing.

"I cannot believe this." Gilgamesh was brooding in his own personal chambers, with Enkidu fast asleep.

"Even after all this meticulous planning, I still cannot best Saber!" In his fury, he threw a goblet of wine against the wall. "Maybe my second chance will come around… Perhaps I can let the mongrel be trained…"

Just then, a Corridor of Darkness opened up, revealing Germatoid. "Who invited you, mongrel? Stay out of this. This is my fight."

Germatoid grinned evilly. "As you wish… Fight to your heart's content!"

Back on the Gummi Ship, Ami began to feed the information regarding the people they met to Setsuna.

"I see…" Setsuna began to look at the data regarding the Heroic Spirits and the information regarding Chaldea's knowledge of other worlds.

"It seems that I had forgotten to mention that there are a few anomalies regarding the knowledge of World Order. Chaldea is one of them."

Rei shot up. "Why didn't you tell us this earlier?!"

"I did actually. I responded to Mizuno a few minutes after she told me about Romani's comment about Chaldea's research into other worlds and timelines."

Ami blushed. "It must have been when Cloud knocked us out."

"But this Cloud person," noted Setsuna. "I have seen him in a vision of the past."

Setsuna showed an image in the Garnet Orb of a younger looking Cloud alongside a young girl with black hair sitting at a fountain. With them were a younger Leon, an even younger Yuffie, a younger Aerith, and a slightly younger Cid, looking less haggard than he does now. In the distance of the image was a black cloaked individual with long silver hair and a black wing.

"All of these people were from the same world. Forced to leave their home after the Heartless attacked. But it seems as though one is missing."

Another image appeared in the Garnet Orb. This time it was of a black-haired boy, with a hairstyle similar to Cloud's and a scar shaped like an X on his left cheek.

"Something must have happened to this individual in the past. I fear that we might be too late to find him."

Sora looked shocked that Setsuna would suggest abandoning this friend of Cloud's.

"But we can't just leave him out to dry!" he shouted. "Cloud said he was looking for someone. Maybe he's that someone!"

"But what about that black haired girl?" asked Minako. "She could be the one."

"Or that mystery guy back there?" suggested Makoto.

"No," said Setsuna. "I have searched for him myself in secret, before King Endymion went missing. He's gone."

The group were shocked. Sora thought it over and decided to change the subject.

"So now that you can see what I can do with proper Keyblade training, how about we try beginning our search for Mamoru?"

Sora rushed up to the helm and pushed into full-speed. Rei tried to protest.

"Sora, what are you doing!?"

"Maybe he's in that world?" Sora pointed out a world that looked like a jungle.

"In a backwater place like that? No way! Let's move on."

"But Riku and Kairi might be down there. Let's just check it out."

It devolved into a fight over the controls as the Lunar Ark crash landed onto the world.

Yes, I realized I somewhat cheated with this world, since Chaldea is from the mobile game Fate/Grand Order, but Fate itself is part of the Nasuverse, itself stemming from the visual novels Tsukihime and Fate/stay night. I figured that Chaldea would work best for the stand-in for Olympus Coliseum due to it having the ability to Rayshift Masters and Servants into different singularities. For anyone who has played the game, you might notice the glaring continuity snarl regarding Romani being present as he is no longer part of the plot following the defeat of Goetia. I figured that I would go for more of a broad-stroke regarding Chaldea and his involvement so that he can share the role of Phil alongside Iskandar for this story.

Don't worry about them leaving Chaldea after facing Tiamat. I have plans for them to return for the different tourneys at various points in the story.

As for the bit with the photos, the first with Da Vinci was meant to reference how one theory as to the subject of the painting was that of the artist, tying in with the theory that the Portrait of a Man in Red Chalk may or may not be a self-portrait. I went and parodied it in a way that Fate could do so by saying that the Man in Red Chalk was Piero, Leonardo's father, and that the Mona Lisa was a self portrait. The second one with the photo of Tiamat as a five-headed dragon was an instance of "Write Who You Know" coupled with Makoto's mention of her former senpai. In this case, I based her familiarity with D&D off of me being a member of a D&D group with my sister's boyfriend acting as Dungeon Master (at the time of writing, the group is doing a campaign in the Tyranny of Dragons module for the Forgotten Realms).

Consider the sequence of Setsuna showing Cloud and co at a younger age to be early bird cameos for Tifa, Sephiroth, and Zack. Obviously, they'll be present in later seasons. And worry not for my not listing the voice cast for this world yet, as I will be once Sora returns one final time.

Last edited:
Back