• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblades and Transformations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
It’s apparent through various media presentation that’s in Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora will be acquiring various forms of power through the use of new keychains and keyblade transformations. It’s also apparent that many of the other Keyblade weilders will also obtain new powers and keyblades in the upcoming title as well like Riku’s Braveheart and Mickey’s new keyblade. With all this in mind, my question is will everyone learn how to perform Keyblade Transformations in this new title or will it be an ability exclusive to Sora? I’m inclined to believe that it will be shared amongst the wielders of the keyblade, simply because Sora is not our first character to perform this technique; with it actually coming from the optional Lingering Will boss fight back in Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix. If this is indeed that case where it is a universal ability, what transformations would you like to see and do you think transformations could potentially be combined or complimentary to one another?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
We could see transformations for wielders besides Sora. Given Riku's new one resembles a modern car key I wouldnt be surprised if he could turn it into a car or motorcycle.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
We could see transformations for wielders besides Sora. Given Riku's new one resembles a modern car key I wouldnt be surprised if he could turn it into a car or motorcycle.

No doubt it'd be quite cool to see Riku transform his key, he's definitely earned it through countless feats of good (and bad, honestly he's just spent the last two years or so fighting) but I think it'd be kind of annoying if EVERYONE started transforming their Keyblades by the end. At MOST I think Aqua's worthy as a master and having fought alone for a very long time, but she's also seemingly fallen to the darkness and lost her Keyblade, so it's debatable if it'd make sense for her to become a transforming trick master like Sora.

Basically, Sora and Riku have done their time and done it consistently. It'd be especially lame if Lea and Kairi started transforming their stuff, like wtf they just started, they're C-listers in this battle.

Lingering Will > Sora > Riku

that's how I imagine the transformation prowess order to be, but Nomura usually proves me wrong.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Imagine if Master Xehanort has Keyblade transformations. It could be something like a Dragon/Chimera Beast or a castle or something. If it’s a matter of time and skill then I’m sure Master Xehanort is more than qualified to perform Keyblade transformations.

Leaferian

Awards
Honestly I think it's a standard skill for classically trained keyblade wielders. Turning your keyblade into a vehicle capable of traversing the gaps between worlds has to be more difficult than turning it into a spear or a staff.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I always assumed that Lea would at least turn his Keyblade into chakram because those are what he is more comfortable using.

From a gameplay perspective it would only make sense for the wielders to be using more transformations so we aren't just seeing literally everyone using swords. Transformations shakes things up a bit while still having them be Keyblades for plot. I don't think it has much to do with skill and more just what they are comfortable doing.

I think Riku has always seemed to me like more of a traditional fighter, fairly balanced but generally sticking to his sword. Sora always has liked incorporating funky things with his fighting style, via the limits and the paired actions he does with his dream eaters for example so it makes sense for Sora to be going all insane with arrow-guns and staves and flag poles, etc.

Kairi...I have no idea about Kairi. I assume she will be heavily magic based, so I doubt she is going to be transforming her sword into much besides a bow and arrow or something (my favorite transformation that Aqua does, for example).

I think the 'reason' (other than it not being thought up yet) that we didn't see many transformations before is because of what Leaferian said: it's likely a classical training technique that no one had taught them until they started actually getting some lessons or knowledge from Yen Sid about it. Why Mickey didn't do it before is uh....because reasons. At least we know he can transform his clothes. ._.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
The other important factor to consider is that besides Sora Donald and Goofy the Guardians of Light currently have no form of transportation, unless Lea is still using Cooridors of Darkness, which could explain why he still wears his Organization coat. This still wouldn’t explain how everyone else will be traveling in Kingdom Hearts 3, seeing as they appear to al have their own tasks and motives throughout the game. With this in mind it becomes almost a necessity for every Keyblade weilder to have access to a keyblade transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back