• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade vs Sword

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade or Sword?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moogles

One of the things I loved about KH was that Sora's weapon was a giant key that could take on different forms and lock the keyholes to worlds. However, whenever I discuss KH with friends they all say that KH would be better if you used a sword rather than the Keyblade. What do you guys think? Keyblade or Sword?

Jampsa

When I got kingdom hearts I thought that keyblade rules all, but as I saw Adevent children and cloud with his "special" sword I changed my mind. So for me it`s sword

coolazice7

For KH, i'm glad they had the keyblade. But if I made myself in a game somehow, I would want a sword, as to not copy Sora.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
I perfer a sword as the main weapon over a keyblade but with a keyblade it's no less greater than the game would be if the weapon were a sword. I mean, I've played many RPGs and games in my life and most of the time the weapon was a sword but I appreciate the fact of how Square is creative enough to give me a different weapon to play with at least every once in a while.

Relik

I agree with you RPGplaya. I like the fact that they changed it from a sword to something else. I still picked sword though, because a sword is the ultimate weapon of honor and skill in my mind.

Sora Ultima

Keyblade all the way cuz it's more unique, i mean how many times do you see a character with a key? Also it has the ability to lock doors to worlds.

moogles

zero_cool said:
this is dum cuz if it was a sword it wouldnt tie into the story

Exactly. Without the keyblade the story would have to be revised. Unless you want to give the keylocking function to a regular sword which would be kinda gay.

Homer_snake

i would prefer the keyblade coz the key blade make the game more fun n special for me.......did u guys see other rpg games wit A KEY???:D

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
As much as a sword would be nice the Keyblade is tied into the storyline. So if Sora's weapon was a sword they would have to change the storyline a little bit. But the only other way it could work is that they could've made the keyblade like a tool or accessory. So that would mean that Sora would use a sword( probably the dream sword) to fight in combat and then use the keyblade to lock the keyholes. But either the current way it's done is much more unique and original. Funny, gamers have a problem with a boy using a giant key as a weapon but they don't have a problem with a goofy looking ball that has a corny theme song and rolls around all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back