• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Review! life sized licensed Starlight keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

(Not sure if this breaks any forum rules or not, just offering my critique on one of the forms of merchandise that has recently been spawned from the series' success).

So, I went out and bought a keyblade from Spirit of Halloween, and it cost me upwards of 45 dollars. Was it worth it? well....

I'm not sure if the files I attached will go through, but I can tell you this thing is absolutely HUGE! my hand barely covers the teeth, which is saying something as my fingers are very long. It's made out of plastic, so it's more durable than the foam ones you'd buy off sites, but ill advised to be used against heartless (or anything for that matter). I'm probably going to hang it up on my wall/use it for display purposes only, but others who might get one might want to do that as well.

The packaging: When ordering anything from the internet, one of the greatest fears is it being damaged during transit. Thankfully this was not the case, as it was packaged with those airbags to cushion it. Though I guess the box it came in wasn't made with it in mind, as the teeth were wedged in the side to prevent it from moving around. Not what I'd do to secure it but it's undamaged.

The paintjob: It's okay, for a licensed product. the paintjob hits all the right notes, save for a few dents here and there,. The actual connector for the keychain is a bit lighter than I expected in coloration, but it's still good to display.

The Keychain: Oh boy, here comes the meat of it all. So the keychain itself is fine, except that like everything else, it's made out of PLASTIC. The keychain attachment just swivels around on the link because of it instead of doing what we're accustomed to in the series. I'm not sure if a metal chain would be feasible, or if it'd go against the rest of the model. Though if they went with it and it rusts, I guess you could write it off as being one of the ones found in the keyblade graveyard.

Overall, a decent product. I was expecting much worse but was pleasantly surprised. 8/10 would buy another.

Back