• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek CG film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
Kakurenbo: Hide & Seek (カクレンボ), meaning Hide and Seek in Japanese, is a chilling short 25 minute animated CGI film that is based around an innocent children's game. "Otokoyo", as they call it, is a game of hide and seek, played near the ruins of an old city which no one inhabits. Whenever the children play this game, one by one, they go missing, and it is said demons and ghosts are the cause for their disappearances. One night, a boy named Hikora must play this game and enter the forbidden territory of "Otokoyo" in hopes of finding his missing sister.
Of note is that this movie uses CGI animation and cel-shading to achieve the look of a traditional animated movie. The result is a movie which bears the appearance of traditional animation, but is as smoothly animated as most CGI movies.
The film was aired across the United States as part of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block on the Halloween of 2005.
-wiki

It's a pretty freaky movie (I thought it was more than 25 minutes long) that I watch a couple years ago on during halloween.
The ending was very confusing but when you understand it, it's scarier. I thought it was freaky because I don't like cities where you can't see the sky....and that's where it took place. In a city where you can't see the sky.

The replay value is somewhat high. It's probably a good watch if you're into Asian culture or anime and the like. It's not like "OMG SOOO SCARY!!" it's more like "WTF??? That's insane..."

yeah....

anyone seen it before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back