• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's Journey

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

heemhsn

Awards
1609953649555.png
I did a slight rewrite (if you can even call it that? less of a rewrite more of a what if MoM was a full fledged side game). Kairi, feeling responsible for Sora's fate & driven by her love for him, sets out on a journey to - hopefully - bring him home. She travels various Disney world’s searching for clues to Sora’s whereabouts, growing in strength & skill along the way, eventually unlocking her deep, hidden memories. There would be 11 worlds and it mainly keeps the actual ending of Melody of Memory, except Kairi and Riku both go in the portal.

↓ It's here if you'd like to read it! Hope you enjoy it and I'd appreciate feedback.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H93uiCBS4uMz1z_D3AqOH5nNImfUZSd7/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
Aside from a teeny tiny silly nitpick of wishing Sora's mum had his K.H.2 hairstyle, this PERFECTION; I literally burst into tears & spent half an hour sobbing coz this is what K.H.:Melody of Memory shoulda been (I love the canon one, but Kairi not being playable in a fight during it still hurts). Hopefully your fix is what'll happen on the Disney side of things in the next K.H. videogame, a sort of K.H.:Chain of Memories & K.H.:Birth by Sleep situation where Disney side is played first as Kairi then Yozora side is played as Riku then Yozora side is played as Sora. That probably won't happen, but I'll keep wishing anyway.

v4vendetta

Awards
I want this to be real so badly that my world is less happy because it doesn't exist.
The worlds are PERFECT. Kairi in Camelot? Yes please. It's such a beautiful "first" world because it sets the tone of Kairi learning that she is worthy.

"Kairi and Arthur would share an arc of sorts; pertaining to their personal sense of uselessness.
Both are perceived by others to be scrawny and weak, and both come onto great power
suddenly and have to figure out just how to use that in their own way."
GOOD

Part of the challenge of designing a Kairi game is in giving her agency. That CANNOT be done without acknowledging the insecurity she would have as a character who has been forcibly robbed of agency for what is years in canon. It's not even unique to her, I feel like Ventus would feel the same way. Poor boy has been asleep for an entire franchise.
But Kairi has to believe in her own power before the player will.

And having Merida follow, as a positive and independent female role model for Kairi? UgH.

Her meeting Serah in Twilight Town? *chefs kiss*
My GODDD. I remember playing FFXIII and thinking of how much Serah reminded me of Kairi. I think that it would be an EXCELLENT reflection for Kairi to look into.

Her negative thoughts manifesting as Sora? ALSO PERFECT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

I really like the symbolism you have here. It would make for a gorgeous game.
To the extent that I wish someone more talented than me would make a fangame off of it. Even in a pixel-art form or something, it would just be so cool to see Kairi evolve. She deserved better.

Back