• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just a story (READ FIRST POST, PLEASE)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystone

Before I start, know that I am going to post another part story to this whenever I can, but comments are welcome, but do not post anything on this tread!!! Please send comments to me directly. Finally, be patient if you read this, any question will eventually be revealed.

Screaming, just screaming. I just had another dream, and like the others, I had no clue what they ment. It was like I was staring at the sky, but with a chill on my spine colder than a mighty glacier. Every night it is the same, a stange dream, and no message to go with it. I can't help all the screams at midnight, all i can do is pray to never have the dream again.
My room is scarcely lit by the pale moonlight from my window. My fear are done over, though the memory remains. And now all I can do is sleep, and hope the dream doesn't awake anyone else around me. Thats all I can do...
The morning came, and without so much as a gasp. Happy to have it over with, I make my way down to catch some breakfast before school. Right now, being a freshman never seemed so calm, it was better than my dreams any-how. So I just grabbed a begal and took off before I woke my parents. They work night shifts, both of them. I wasn't like they need to take care of me, I'm an only child and old enough to take care of myself without hesitation. They don't need me anyways, and I don't really need them.
So I left to the bus and let my worries drift as the cars past me.

Last edited:

Keystone

So here I am, just me and my lonesome, leaving to escape my own house, just like everyday. I can see some more kids now, now I need to get into a good mood before they judge me, I guess. Why does everyday have to go like this, I can't even let out a decent smile anymore, not after a life that is no more of interest than pebble on the ground. Nothing seems to happen to me anymore. How do I go day by day is a wonder.
Lets review my choices: hopes something happens or suicide.
Neither of them are worth the effort, but suicide gets rid of a chance of exitement.
I am closing in on the other kids, time to put an a good show, I guess. A could be a damn good actor at this rate. And here I am, hood over my face, not drawing attention, and not being judged. And the bus dwells on by.
Again the usual, ladies first, the me and the dudes, then I find a window seat, get comfortable and stare out eh window. And I can only imagine what it would be like to have a life with meaning. It's not like I need to be noticed or anything, I just need to do something or go somewhere that has not been done or traveled to before. All I want out of life, is escape what I've been given.

It wasn't long before I got to school. I put on my usual grin and went ot talk to my friends. Just like always, they loved life, but they were the only one I knew who weren't going to talk trash for no reason or asct like the just drank a liter of cornsyrup. There was only one I could really talk to from the mob, Nathaniel, and even he was a little distant.
"Hey, how's it going dude?" Nathaniel said greetingly.
"Not much." I lied as usual, everything was going on, nothing I'd tell him about.
"Did you bring money for the play?"
Oh crap, i only had enough for lunch, and, like every other guy in this school, I had my one crush, Julia, and they happen to be in the play. I had enough, but I'd skip lunch, and with only that begal, I was doomed to starvation.
"I am a little low, if I go, I will only have a dollar to get something from the crusty vending machine.", the old vending machine, the rusty-est peice of junk on the campus, today was going to suck.
"Ick! and you don't have to be a girl to say that. I hear they never replace expired items on that thing, I'll get you something from my tray, unless you want food poisening.", I think he was going to puke on me as he said it.
Anyways, at least the day wasn't going to be all that bad, at least for a while.

Last edited:

Keystone

So the day went on, one of my friends was dared to eat worms in science, I saw the play, and then I went home and took my grin off my face and stayed in my room until the sun set. Then the moon came out...
It reminded me of my dream. I think mabye my dream has something to do with those stars at night, mbaye they are more than thay seem... am I pschotic! stars holding meaning, yah right. But, they seem so, important...
Mabye... just mabye... they are more imortant. Shut up, shut up, shut up, your going crazy here... mabye there is life near those stars, mabye there is a place for me there... shut it, there is nothing, but... no there is nothing... nothing at all.

I woke up the next morning, but in sort of a daze, nothing held meaning but my thoughts of maybe finally getting out of this prison. Strangly, however, my parents were up, and I heard them talking...
"I don't know what the hell this is, but it is freaking me out a little." said my dad.
"I little! that doesn't look like it is of Earth! Get rid of it!"
"Good idea, hows about we just trash it?"
"Ok, but make it quick, before we wake Anthony."
"Alright."
Before I made it downstairs, I heard them toss it away. I rush to my room and waited for them to go to bed, they must be beat, they probaly just got hear. As soon as I heard snoring, I went downstairs. But curoistiy drew me to the trasth can, and I peaked inside. I saw what they through out, It was sort of like a small crystal that was glowing orange, yellow, and red all at the same time, and covered with thin metal wire that seemeb embeded and hung off of the tip of the stone like a key of some sort. It was just amazing, so I took it with me. I wrapped it in a small fabric napkin and stored it in my backpack.

At school, the day was different. As soon as the bus parked on the curb, an teacher came with some students, and told us to take them away from the area. he was practicly yelling and the students, one was Julia, had faces white as snow. The boarded and we started leaving. Julia sat next to me, but I wasn't about to talk to her, even to find out what was going on. I turned and wisphered to the student behind me.
"Hey, whats going on?" I said.
"What? you don't know! There have been sightings of stange animals in the area, we all got cornered by one. It was like a small kid, but it was black as night and with glowing blue eyes and long claws. Before he got us, a teacher came and grabbed it, then told us to run. We haven't seen him since and the power is out. Luckly, your bus came, they say it is under control, but none of us are sure." He said with a tear drifting sown his face.
"Did everyone make it." I asked.
"No, we are the only ones so far, and no one is going to get out off the school now, it is locked and the doors have been blocked for their safety, we just happened to be out of the building when it happped. I am not sure if it means anything, but here was an orange light coming from the forest in the back of the school, you know the one behind the gate? We were all looking to see where it was coming from when we got cornered. Some of the others say more were coming from that area after we started to leave over to this very bus.
An orange light? Like the stone I got... "How many did you see?"
"Hundreds..."
Damn.
Suddenly some one screamed and we hit something. The brakes screached and we hit a tree. I looked up front again, we hit a stange creature, like the one discribed by that kid. The driver acted quick.
"Everyone, out of the bus, hurry, through the ba..."
Before he could finish, the creature got up and smashed throught the windsheild and grabbed his throught, and then opend a tear in his head, right about where his mouth was, and began to breath in a vibrant blue gas from the bus driver. The bus driver froze and beagnt o turn black, then seamed to be stone, and faded away.
By the time he was done, most of the students have already left, only me and Julia were left. Julia was stunned in fear. Ignoring the fact I was talking to her, I grabbed he hand and got up.
"Hurry, we've got to go!" I yelled.
"O...O...Ok" she mumbled.
Still holding her, I led her off the bus. the creature let out a scream and cahsed us down. We began to run, still with my hand in Julia's. We ran and ran, but the creature followed. I saw the school coning up. With nowhere else to go, I ran for it, then Julia yellled,
"No, they are coming from there," She yelled right in my ear.
I ignored her and ran, big mistake. More came, and in almost all directions, all but the direction of the gate to the forest. With no time to think, I ran through with Julia, and and kept running. Suddenly an orange light appeared in the distance amoung the trees. I turned and ran in its direction, hoping it was help, Julia was to stunned at my actions to say a word. We drew near, and the light grew brighter.
In all the confusion, a great, sort of garden like gate with a tall, brick fence surrounging the area, appeared, covered in vines. It should be safe in there, or at least safer then here.

Last edited:

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I know you don't want comments but some of this vague and I don't understand parts of it. =/ It seems okay but if you're post another chapter or part of the story, just add on by seperating it with spaces and add the other part instead.

Keystone

We rushed in and shut the gate behind us. Still looking back, I noticed Julia starring right past me. I turned around... and I noticed something odd, the gate didn't lead where it seemed. Instead of a safe area gaurded by the fencing and trees, it was a vacant space. Beyond the fencing appeared to be nothing but pitch black, and the only light that entered was a from the gate the lead outside the strange place. A little ways off from where we were was a stange staircase, leading to a seemingly lower level.
"What is this place?" Julia mumbled.
"I think we should leave..." I also mumbled.
Suddenly, Nathaniel bursted throught the gate. I turned thinking it was another one of those monsters from earlier. After seeing it was him, I asked him a what had happened.
"We were attacked, thats what happend," he siad panting, "Those creatures... they broke through the walls, and began attacking everyone. I escaped, but there are plenty more. I hopped the fence, and ran over here, thinking this was a car or something that would get me out. And... where are we?"
He looked up and saw the black void that surrounded us.
"I have no idea, but we should leave." I said.
"No way, people are dying out here, and they followed me here; those stairs, mabye they are another way out." Nathaniel wimpered.
"We don't know where it leads."
Out of no-where, the creatures rushed toward the gate. We only barely closed it when the rammed it shut. Startled, we all ran down the stair case. We kept running and running, till we reached the bottom. When we got to the bottom, we saw a stange figure, that seemed to be a man, and a fine hooded silk robe, black, and covering his entire body. It was to dark to see his face, only an even stanger structure in the center, like a bird fountain with a hole on the side and a strange orb in the center, floating and glowing orange and surrounded a stange aura like sphere.
"Nice to see another friendly face," I said as we edged closer, "Where are we, do you know?"
He seemed to vanish form where he was, only to appear behind us. We were all startled, practicly to death. He grabbed me, pulled me up, and reached into my backpack, drawing out the stone I brought with me. We were all too paralyzed with our fear to say something or move. We walked over to the structure and placed the stone in the hole after unwrapping it. He gave the stone a twist and the aura around the orb disappeared.
"This has to be a dream," I mumbled, "This is unreal."
"This is no dream, this is the end, and the beginning, the start of the end, and there is none who dare to stop it, no one has the will, they will only tremble in fear." a voice echoed from the stange being.
He grabbed the orb.

Keystone

Suddenly, the ground began to viliantly rumble and shake. Cracks started to break the surface of the room. The ground began to shatter into dust. W all sprinted, terrified, to the stairs. But by the time we got there, it happed fallen, to the deep abyss of darkness below. It was as if the world was comming to an end, mabye it is. That is it! I can finally, mabye, if this takes me somewhere, maybe I can finally have that life, a real one. Oh, gosh, I let out a smile.
"This is no time to smile, Anthony!", Nathaniel yelled at me.
"Sorry," I eased back.
"What the heck is happenning here!" yelled Julia.
"We're gonna fall!" Nathaniel yelled.
Now I am having second thoughts...
The ground below cracked and gave way. We yelled and screamed for mercy, but we fell, and the strange figure appeared to float there, untouched my reality. I look down, to my fear and amazement, there was a glowing black ball of what seemed to be pure energy. I shut my eyes, then someone grabbed by arm. Then everything went black. If I go anywhere, hopefully, maybe I can be free of my pains here, a new start, to a new life, mabye Julia will be there. Mabye this is my freedom.
Freedom... I hope.

Keystone

Now where am I...
What is this feeling, wind? Oh, where I...
Grass... uh...
As I opened my eyes, I found myself in a vacant grass field surrounded by trees of sorts, and what seems to be a river maybe about, 20 meters form here?
Uh, getting up, I can just feel pain in my back. I think I was out cold. Where is Nathaniel, I can see Julia, uhhhh, my back.

He got up and felt an arm sling of a hand, Julia's. He gave a quick grin but shoved it off his face and looked around. Julia was out cold just as Anthony had been. He gave her a shrug.
"Hey, Julia, I think we got a problem," he loudly wispered in her ear.
"Huh, what..." She mumbled as if waking form a dream, "Where are we, I feel like I crask landed or somehing,"
"You're not the only one, my back is killing me," Anthony said achingly.
"Well where ever we are, a dream can't hurt this much, so no use panicing," she said calmly.
"Yah, I guess"
"Where is Nathen,"
"Nathaniel?"
"Yah."
Anthony shug his shoulders, "No clue"
"Then how did we end up without him?"
"I don't... wait, look!" he said pointing to marks of a path in the grass heading towards the river.
They rushed over, finding a sort of body imprint at the waters edge and some blood.

Keystone

"Where did he go..." Anthony mumbled.
"I hope he is ok..." Julia said, "Mabye if we walk down or up the river, we'll find someone who can explain this.
Anthony answered with a nod and they set off down the river.

Eailer, Nathen was the first to wake of the three, and before trying to wake Anthony and Julia, he turned to his own need for water, hardly awake, he tripped, injured his arm and cut it terribally. He passed out from the pain, falling in to the river and drifting away. Far off from the others, he was removed from the river and taken away by a shady figure.

"You know, most people I know would be freaked out by this." Anthony said.
"Well, I guess you don't know me then," Julia said sarcasticly, "I love nature to much to let it scare me. I remember I wandered off into the forest when I was a toddler, was lost for three days, and somehow made it back safely."
"Really, did you starve or something,"
"No, I was helped by a man, like my own gardien angle."
"So you aren't afraid of nature, but what about those creatures?"
"I...I... I can't..."
"Can't what?"
"Well... I just can't tell you, it's to personal, I just can't,"
"Ok, ok, don't tear up on me,"
She gave out a grin, "You really don't know me"
There was a pause then Anthony mumbled, to soft for Julia to hear, "A man... strange, something she can't tell me..."
There was silence.

Over a steep drop, they reached what looked like a city withen ruins of another. Both of them gave smiles and rushed over.

Nathen awoke on a bed. When he opened his eyes, he gasped as he saw the shady figure watching. Then gave another gasp to his arm, which was strangly healed and with a strange cut in his bicep that he felt no pain form ro bled any blood from. The shady figure threw him a blue cloke, and as Nathen looked at it, he vanished. Confused, he put on the cloak, and went outside the room. As soon as He steped out of the room, he found himself in a city ruin. He turned back, and saw the door he came from lead to nowhere.

Keystone

Consider all posts before this one the prequel (if it is spelled wrong, tell me) and all new postes will have the day the chapter starts on and who it includes (Anthony, Jullia, Nathan, or some combination). If nicknames confuse you, you need to read more. If you have any problems regarding the text, order, wording, detail, ect., tell me and I will do the best I can.
I consider this story a rough draft, so it won't be perfect but criticism is very welcome

Kiko Higurashi

You spelled gardian, crash, wherever is one word, something is spelled wrong ( in other words, a lot of the words were spelled wrong but the story in contrast was spectacular!) Good luck writing the rest of it.

Protect each other as much as possible. Keep your spirits up, and don't loose sight of each other.

Keystone

Not to be mean, but I requested no one posted on this but me and that I'd rather have a private message sent to me, to keep off the clutter

Keystone

I know I haven done much, so I will try and type it out on my laptop and post any updates here for the next long while, the long, long while, so don't expect much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back