• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Is this even justifiable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

I just did my take-home pre-cal test and my parents start bitching just because I switched my answers on two questions (questions that I checked over several times if I may add) and then they go off complaining that it's disrespectable to the teacher. Sure my average isn't that good but I took the time and effort on my own to do that and they're giving me this sort of treatment. I feel like venting at something.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I can say it doesn't make much sense. Were the answers right before and you ended up switching them to a wrong answer? If so they could just be hinting to you, as many teachers do, that your first answer is usually your best bet. Otherwise this "disrespectful to the teacher" bit makes no sense; at least it's not something my parents would get anal about.

Is there something else you're not telling us? Like are your parents Asian or something?

A

Azrael

I can say it doesn't make much sense. Were the answers right before and you ended up switching them to a wrong answer? If so they could just be hinting to you, as many teachers do, that your first answer is usually your best bet. Otherwise this "disrespectful to the teacher" bit makes no sense; at least it's not something my parents would get anal about.

Is there something else you're not telling us? Like are your parents Asian or something?

I switched from a wrong to a right answer.

My parents are not Asian. They're Hispanic. I get two bad grades ONCE and they're contemplating not paying for college.

XIII Nobodies

You have free will. If they can't respect that, then to hell with them. And disrespectful to the teacher? Hello!! It's a TAKE HOME PRE-CAL test for crying out loud. Do they not understand what the PRE part means?

A

Azrael

You have free will. If they can't respect that, then to hell with them. And disrespectful to the teacher? Hello!! It's a TAKE HOME PRE-CAL test for crying out loud. Do they not understand what the PRE part means?

Yes but they make a big deal over it just because it's a higher level Math course.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
Do they not understand what the PRE part means?
I'm not so sure that you understand it either. (the course is titled "pre-calculus").
[devil's advocate]even if a course title has "pre" in it, you still should have to hold certain standards of work and conduct.[/advocate]

I switched from a wrong to a right answer.
I don't see what the big deal is. You're supposed to check your work for mistakes.
And I don't know about your parents, but most people fix mistakes in their work if they find them.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
It was take-home, meaning you could change it as many times as you want. I dont see why they would get angry.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
I just did my take-home pre-cal test and my parents start bitching just because I switched my answers on two questions (questions that I checked over several times if I may add) and then they go off complaining that it's disrespectable to the teacher. Sure my average isn't that good but I took the time and effort on my own to do that and they're giving me this sort of treatment. I feel like venting at something.

How is that disrespectful to the teacher? As long as you got the answers right is all that matters.
I know my parents wouldn't be pissed off if I changed an answer and got it right. But I usually do the opposite and change the right answers to wrong answers.arabslol

Btw, good luck if you do take Calculus.
It's not that hard as long as you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back