• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Square taking these games too seriously?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Im not talking about age groups that play it.Im saying that square is treating these games like theyre just some big deal when theyre not.Kingdom hearts is just a game and i think its ridiculous how they put such complex storylines and cutscenes in the games that cause us to think about stuff instead of just enoying playing it like all the other games we play.

so.... u want KH3 to be like Halo, hehe (compares Master Chief to Master Xehanort XD, they both have shiny heads)

look at it this way, most ppl enjoy games with deep intricate storylines, compared to the mindless FPS's that we're drowning in. In that sense, games like KH are a breath of fresh air ^^.

pgerv12

o_O wat r u kidding me Square made final fantasy and apart of that eventually kingdom hearts. Every interview theres a question if it will be good for new people and younger people. Nomura has always answered yes he wants new people to join the KH universe and than if they get confused he wants them to go play the other games. i love the story line and i joined when kh2 came out and now ive played all the games and now i cant wait for the next

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Im not talking about age groups that play it.Im saying that square is treating these games like theyre just some big deal when theyre not.Kingdom hearts is just a game and i think its ridiculous how they put such complex storylines and cutscenes in the games that cause us to think about stuff instead of just enoying playing it like all the other games we play.
Lol@complexity in KH. I don't see how anyone could get confused with Nomura and Nojima's attempt to be "epic" with KH.

I don't know what game you were playing but last time I played a KH game it was about a dumb kid with a big key saving shit from darkness. From what I see people here just like to think more into the story and add theories into the game that either make no sense, are crack theories or are just too much for KH to even handle.

Anyways Square acts this way with KH because it is one of their highest selling games(FF and DQ being the other two) and because of that they treat it as if it sacred and Godly. All they have is those three titles (that they feel they need to milk) and if they don't build up the hype people won't want to buy it. I sure as hell don't want to buy a game I know everything about besides a few key things.

I somewhat agree that KH is not as EPIC as S-E makes it out to be but it's still fun to play (kinda)

rpg master said:
Acutally it is. Kh is Square's crown jewl. In the American market kh is becoming more popular than FF. That says ALOT when you think about it. So of course they'll take this seriousley.
AHAHAHAHAHA! Call me back when KH actually cracks the top 20 hell it's not even in the top 50.

Xircs-Number I

Its just that square acts like KH is star wars or something.

Its just a game .whats a game if it has a great storyline but crappy gameplay?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Its just that square acts like KH is star wars or something.

Its just a game .whats a game if it has a somewhat good storyline but crappy gameplay?
Fix'd and the answer is Kingdom Hearts AKA GOLD TO S-E!!!

Square feels they can only rely on FF, DQ and KH for money so they act as if each game is just they best game you will ever play ever do get your money, "Don't argue with us we are SquareEnix, we are Japanese we know best". If they played it off like they do with say Valkyrie Profile (sorry) then barely anyone would buy it or even care. Most big name companies do that anyways it's no different really.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Well video games have evolved from the glory days of just saving Princess peach from Bowser to something new and unexpected. Games now have complex story lines that may give the same emotion that novels do. Just play Ico, Shadow of the colossus, Okami, or Black and white if you don't believe me. As the audience of video games evolves so must the Plots evolve from things you might find in a picture book to things you might find in the arts section of the metaphorical library. They are evolving into a new form of creative expression as seen in Games like the examples I gave as if they have their own assortment of mythos. Also SE will promote the game so it seems most appealing to everyone and if that means tapping into the childhood love of Disney characters and the teenage love of killing monsters as Cloud then they'll do it in a flash.

V

V.A.T.13

KH = Money
Money = Nomura getting laid by a female.

...Ok, that is an outright lie. Nomu will never get laid.

shadow_of_light

well...i think that because the series has done so well so far, they want to hold ppls attention by keeping things under wraps and giving only small hints for ppl to specualate on, thus making us want to get the more, sooner...

pgerv12

of course there going to be serious wouldn't you if u were making something worth millions of dollars plus having delighted fans like MOST of us....not to point any fingers

V

V.A.T.13

Fix'd

I believe KH is all to get Gackt's attention.

80ya7fp.png

Paopu_Girl

I don't think Square are taking the games too seriously. Obviously it's a marketing stategy and they want to keep the fans hooked. And hey, it works lol! I find it frustrating that information is kept away and we're given little bits of information to feed off, but it's a funny kind of frustration. I love it really because it adds to the excitement of the next game! :toungesmile:

Also about the deep storylines. I love them! I want to play the game to find out what happens to the characters I looove!

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Square isn't really taking these games seriously. It's marketing.

And about the age and stuff, I played KH when I was 9, but didn't completely understand it till I played it again as an 11 year old.

UrbanQuattrus

Look at the bigger picture, they are not treating the KH series on an undeservedly epic scale. The final fantasy series gets a lot more coverage. And video games have become something that use big budgets, expansive storylines, state-of-the-art graphics, orchestral musical scores, even big-name actors. That's just what the industry has evolved into, because people like it, which makes it profitable. If you think it's dumb for video games to have complex stories, go play tetris or Mario. Those old games have stories that can be summarized in a paragraph at most, but they're still fun.

Cloudless Sky

No doubt that SE is looking seriously on this game... Cuz it earn a lot of money
But I do agree that children might not understand the storyline... When I'm a minor, I used to be keep on skipping storyline and conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back