• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Internet Gateway

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
i really need someones help. see im having a problem wit my internet. everytime i get on to my internet a internet gateway pop ups which doesnt allow me to use my own internet. i try to disable it but nothin work. is there a way to remove it please let me kno asap.

thank you

p.s. using my neighbors internet shhhh

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
I'm guessing your neighbor may be blocking all MAC addresses..
I'm also guessing that you are trying to leech your neighbor's wireless internet.
I assume that they are using wireless routers, of course.

If he's blocking MAC addresses, except for his.. no way in hell you are going to get access, period.
(Unless of course, you change your MAC address to match one of his 'allowed' addresses.. but I doubt you understand that..)

Another possibility is that he is using encryption for his wireless network.
Meaning, you'll have to first crack the encryption before you can start using his internet.. and for the record, no I will NOT explain that.
(It is 'unethical' and illegal, if you aren't the network's owner..)

Finally.. the 'gateway' you encounter is actually his router. It allows you to connect to the router to change settings.. provided you know the router's admin password.

In fact.. I'd recommend either asking politely if he'd share the connection, that's about as much as you can legally do.

As such, I will not condone illegal activities at khi.

~~Azurith

velocity2325

who said i was gone :D
Awards
Website
www.xanga.com
srry but thats not it. i mean whenever i connect to to my own internet some stupid thing saying internet gateway which tends to intefere with my internet connection. see im using a wireless internet. i get a connection but no internet but whenever i do get a connection a internet gateway interferes my access to the internet

another thing. i try to do a ics. i did a setup which created this internet gateway T_T. i was trying to connect my xbox to the computer....

p.s. it has nothing to deal wit my neighbors internet. im just using it cuz my internet isnt working properly.

Last edited:

Siryu

Website
www.myspace.com
You're gonna have to go on your main computer with the wireless modem connected and let the computer accept the ip address of your wireless laptop or whatever you're using. That way it can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back