• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Insomnia

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

So, I eventually fell asleep at my computer listening to music but it took like 2 hours.
I got like 4hours of sleep. ;-;

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
So, I eventually fell asleep at my computer listening to music but it took like 2 hours.
I got like 4hours of sleep. ;-;

If your computer's in your room, find a way for it to shut off or hibernate if it isn't doing anything for a while; the electronics give off a slight hum that disrupt sleep patterns.

Same goes for a phone, etc.

And then there's that whole sleeping in a bed thing. =D

Princess of KH

try Melatonin. it's not a medicine, so you'd be able to take it. try taking it 2 hours before you want to fall asleep.
as for falling asleep at 1:00 every night - i do the same. it doesn't bother me though. i can go for a long time without sleep and i'll be fine. on most nights, i'm lucky if i get over 5 or 6 hours of sleep.
i take advantiage of my partial insomnia & read, write, or draw. music helps me fall asleep, but if i remember correctly, you already said you tried most of those things.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I think I have insomnia but Im not worried much. I used to sleep a good 8 hours a day but for the last few days I have had 4 hours each night and I am not super sleepy. I have no idea how that works but it does. I think youll be fine and just try out lots of things to help. Tell me if you found a good method though.

D

Deleted member 36435

try Melatonin. it's not a medicine, so you'd be able to take it. try taking it 2 hours before you want to fall asleep.
as for falling asleep at 1:00 every night - i do the same. it doesn't bother me though. i can go for a long time without sleep and i'll be fine. on most nights, i'm lucky if i get over 5 or 6 hours of sleep.
i take advantiage of my partial insomnia & read, write, or draw. music helps me fall asleep, but if i remember correctly, you already said you tried most of those things.
If it goes in my mouth to help my body or trick my body into thinking something. It's medicine.

D

Deleted member 36435

Insomnia is for weaklings.
ScreenShots14.jpg

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
If it goes in my mouth to help my body or trick my body into thinking something. It's medicine.

Then go outside and sit in the sun a while. Melatonin is a natural hormone produced in your body. It is one of the same things that I suggested.

Carbunkel

Hit yourself over the head with a bat. Instant knock out!

Okay, drinking warm milk makes me sleepy. Ot grab an insanely hard Sudoku puzzle and stare at it until your brain gives up and sleeps. Unless you're like some Sudoku prodigy, uhh.
Spin around in a circle until you're really dizzy then lay down and maybe then?

Think about all the things we could pull out of our asses to help you sleep better. The list is infinite.

LionHeart14

I used to have a problem with that a couple years ago. Well, mine was actually more of being afraid of not being able to sleep. I used to lay there every night and be like "Omg I can't sleep what do I do?!?" and I started freaking out lol.
My mom gave me this book called How to Quit Worrying and How To Start Living by Dale Carnegie. It really helped me out and now I don't have that problem anymore.
I suggest checking it out because it's wondefully written and it tells you how to deal with different things and insomnia's one of them.
It says stuff like if you can't sleep, that just means that your body doesn't need as much sleep as you think it does. And it says to pass the time with reading or doing something calming until you fall asleep.
And don't worry if you can't sleep. Worry seems to be a huge causer of insomnia. If you've tried reading and it doesn't work, just lay there and think about something that makes you happy. No doubt you'll fall asleep eventually. That's how I got over mine actually.
I hope that helps a bit :D

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Try to make the day seem as long as you can; lots of activities and whatnot. Make your room a more comfortable place, and maybe turn up that fan/AC. Play some Assassin's Creed or some other repetitive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back