• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Inheritance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
I'm not saying that it was a total flop; I put off watching the movie until I had read the book, otherwise I think I would have enjoyed it more. I'm the same way about the Harry Potter movies; they're no where near as good as the books. But it's just who I am; if I really enjoy a book, then I am going to be critical about how they do the movie takes on said books.

What really dissapointed me about the movie of Eragon is that it was only an hour and a half long, so they took alot out of it. They could have let it be a little longer; the Harry Potter movies are around two and a half to three hours each and there's still alot of stuff missing from them! I'm just saying, that if they had let the movie be a little longer, then it could have been even better; though to be fair, it was a good movie in it's own rights. It's the same thing with KH2; I really feel that there could have been alot more in the plot if they had just done another disk. But that's a completly different subject.

Yeah, you really need to make an effort in KH2 if you want to make it passed the 40 hours of playtime it takes to finish it. And the storylines were way to short, both for the worlds individually as the general storyline.

The good thing about the potter movies is that they stick to the feeling the books portrait. That Harry is maturing and that is world becomes darker. I mean, the last HP movie was even given a 12 or above label. ((this is because the ratings here are: all, 6, 12 and 16.))

It could have been better. i get that with ninety percent of the movies I see.

Forgiver

With the Yodeling Veteranarian of the Alps.
I really like the books (I really really becuase I waited six hours to get Paolini to sign my frickin book >.<) They are on my favourites list for sure, but they aren't the best books I've read.
Man, the wait for the third book is killing me. @_@

Purplefire

Website
www.ardentflame.com
The first book was a good read. The beginning was nearly awful but the rest of the book redeemed itself. Every time I reread the book, I skim the beginning and dive right into the middle of things. Eldest was a dissapointment I felt. Paolini took far too long to get his characters to where they needed to be. In fact, while reading it with my husband (audio books are awesome!) I paused the CD, looked at my husband and said, "Does Paolini have to describe every rock and and every blade of grass? Let's get on with the story already!" :)

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Say what you will about Eldest taking forever, but I'm highly enjoying it at the moment. *sigh* The one bad thing about me, is that when I get my hands on a good book the length of Eldest, I usually get through it within a week if I'm not doing something that takes away from my reading time. If it's something that's just 100 pages, I can get through it in a day, and I'm serious about that! I love my books!

~ Dream

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Glad to hear that. Just finished Eldest about fifteen minutes ago, and it was an excellent read! I will admit, it did have it's slow spots; but what book doesn't? I feel sorry for Eragon, considering Murtagh and all; but I'm rooting for him to free Murtagh from Galbotorix. I was surprised to find out who Eragon's father was; I was so sure that it was going to be Galbotorix that I never saw the real truth coming! Can't wait for the final book! And that makes for two finals in a series that I'm waiting on pins and needles for!

~ Dream

Flamestar

I love the Inheritance books, they're one of my favorites! Eragon was definatly the better of the two, but I still liked Eldest (Too bad Murtagh had to turn evil). I liked the movie, but they left so much out of it, I wish they could do a remake. Can't wait 'till the third book comes out!

Suzaku

I agree with Eternal Dream. With Lord of the Rings, the movies were about 3 hours long, and each book was shorter than the Inheritance books, and they still left out a lot. If I were them, I'd have made the movie longer. I wonder how much Christopher Paolini was involved with the making of the movie?
Sorry, but you're making a huge mistake comparing the two books with the length. Lord of the Rings may have only been 300 pages long, but there was more than enough content in there to make a 1000 page book with just 1 of the trilogy. With Eragon, there's not nearly enough content in the actual book that pertains to the story. In terms of actual events pertainig to the story 1 LOTR is equal to both of the inheritence.

EDIT: Muffed quote. Looks so unprofessional...

Q

Banned
lulz, you're comparing a kid to Tolkien? Need I remind you we also have the Silmarillion to take into account, and that's like a whole mythology. See that in Eragon or Eldest? Nopers.

Flamestar

The Silmarillion is a collection of J. R. R. Tolkien's mythopoeic works, edited and published posthumously by his son Christopher Tolkien in 1977. In plain English, it tells of the ages prior to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back