• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► *~In Time the Snow Will Rise~*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

super_ninja_star

you are the beautiful unicorn who leaps through th
ok so a little story i was doing for my english class, inspired by a Sufjan Stevens song. comments and criticism is most welcome, athough we all know flaming is a no-no. (>.<) so have fun lovelies!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I counted the snowflakes as they danced outside my window. I traced the path of the falling flakes with my finger and pressed my warm cheek against the shocking cold of the window. My breath showed up in a fog blurring the glass. Each snowflake spiraled towards the ground, settling into place on the frozen grass, soon covering the ground in a blanket of white. The trees created a dark division between the pale gray sky and the starch white snow. I forced my self to move from that spot at the window and walk down the stairs. Through the screened door I could see the snow swirling and colliding in the air. The sun was hidden behind some sort of invisible veil, yet it was still bright outside. I stepped through the door and snowflakes immediately clung to my sweater. The cold air stung my cheeks and more snow began to stick to my eyelashes. I opened my mouth and let a few flakes fall delicately on my tongue, tasting the sweetness of winter. Each snowflake that landed on my skin melted away quickly as it touched the warm flesh. I was escaping just like these snowflakes escaped the clouds; I was escaping from a world I did not want to be in. I let myself fall on my back, the soft powder cushioning my landing. I looked up at the sky and watch the snow cascade towards me. I felt the cold not only on my skin, but seeping inside my body consuming me. My hair was getting wet, but the snow felt so soft on my face. I could hear nothing around me, the snow hitting its destination with no sound. The quiet was amazing. Earshattering. Everything around me was so still and calm. I laid there drinking in this small gift that winter had to bring. I closed me eyes letting the snow cover every inch of me, becoming a part of it. I wanted to stay in this one solitary moment forever, with no one bothering me, nothing moving and the world standing still.

Texkia26

Beautiful. I loved it. I cannot find the words to describe how wonderfully written it is.

Fantastic job ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back