• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Monsters Inc got into Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castaras

would you prefer Monsters Inc or Monsters University

i choose Monsters Inc.

why? Randall and Waternoose would make awesome bosses, explore the whole factory, help save Boo. As Randall is after a human, he could target Boo but finds out about Sora and wants to find Boo as well as Sora??

Monsters University would be nice but im going 100% with Inc.:smile:

Kaweebo

Awards
Monster's Inc., definitely. I like University but Inc is the better movie imo and has much more potential. Inc is the film that has the door concepts similar to KH and they could probably even implement a riding minigame similar to the scene in the film when Mike, Sulley and Boo ride on one of the doors through that huge manufacturing area.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Monster's Inc. all the way. I have yet to see University, but I honestly have no desire to do so since the first one ended perfectly and I've never been a fan of prequels.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Monsters Inc, of course. University is fantastic but there is just no way to work SDG into that plot. No true villain in the story, either.

Monster's Inc. all the way. I have yet to see University, but I honestly have no desire to do so since the first one ended perfectly and I've never been a fan of prequels.

You are missing out. It embodies the best of 80s coming-of-age comedies. Unless you hate 80s coming-of-age comedies...Then you'd hate University. But really, you are definitely missing out. It's got heart and a lot of touching moments.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think it'll be Monsters Inc. for Sora and company. If they ever do another BbS-type game (one going into the past), they can include Monsters University.

disney233

Awards
The door production would fit perfectly in the storyline. What created the Door to Darkness?

Songbird

Grrrr
Monsters Inc! I feel like it might get awkward if we have TOO many teenagers around (as we already have a lot XD) and University is chock-full of them LOL (simple excuses)
But it would be hilarious to see SDG try and become scary. The thought is almost the embodiment of Kingdom Hearts cheese X'D

Patricier21

The thing with either of the Monsters movies is that since (the monsters think) humans are toxic, then how can it work out? Unless it takes place AFTER MI, or they have it so that Sora & co. arrive after they realize Boo is not toxic (which is what they would likely do) , then it would not work out from that logical stand point. It pretty much confirms that unless Sora/any other human character like Riku or whoever is able to transform into a monster or don a monster suit, then MU is definitely not going to happen.

Them transforming would not make much sense especially if they go with the concept like in Christmas Town that the Santa of that world is THE Santa clause that would deliver toys to Sora's/other worlds, in the sense that the Scarers have been coming through doors to scare Sora and other people of his world. They did transform in Atlantica which had humans but that was because that world had its own magic from Triton and Ursula among others that could turn people to mercreatures among other things and obviously they would need to breathe underwater.

To clarify, what I am saying here is that they cannot logically transform in a world like this where there would be humans through some sort of connection (Toy Story would be different because they would have to be toys for obvious reasons and because, though I cannot explain it, it just makes sense with Toy story, but not with MI). Then again, there is always the unknown reason why Ven shrank in Castle of Dreams, so that could work out for them becoming monsters.

(sorry if the above is confusing to understand, I'd be happy to explain more clearly if need be)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You're overthinking it. That's the same as saying Sora can't transform into a fish in Atlantica because that would mean everyone can and Ariel would have no agency!

Sora has gone to worlds where there are humans and creatures, and if the creatures are the main lifeform then he transforms to fit in. The same would happen in Monstropolis if it ever came.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The thing with either of the Monsters movies is that since (the monsters think) humans are toxic, then how can it work out? Unless it takes place AFTER MI, or they have it so that Sora & co. arrive after they realize Boo is not toxic (which is what they would likely do) , then it would not work out from that logical stand point. It pretty much confirms that unless Sora/any other human character like Riku or whoever is able to transform into a monster or don a monster suit, then MU is definitely not going to happen.

Them transforming would not make much sense especially if they go with the concept like in Christmas Town that the Santa of that world is THE Santa clause that would deliver toys to Sora's/other worlds, in the sense that the Scarers have been coming through doors to scare Sora and other people of his world. They did transform in Atlantica which had humans but that was because that world had its own magic from Triton and Ursula among others that could turn people to mercreatures among other things and obviously they would need to breathe underwater.

To clarify, what I am saying here is that they cannot logically transform in a world like this where there would be humans through some sort of connection (Toy Story would be different because they would have to be toys for obvious reasons and because, though I cannot explain it, it just makes sense with Toy story, but not with MI). Then again, there is always the unknown reason why Ven shrank in Castle of Dreams, so that could work out for them becoming monsters.

(sorry if the above is confusing to understand, I'd be happy to explain more clearly if need be)

You don't need to explain anymore. You just need to understand that Sora and Donald and Goofy and whoever else decides to join them on their journey if the plot calls for it can transform into whatever the hell they want to because there are no rules to this. Sora changed into a lion and a merman and an undead-vampire-like whatever. That wasn't because there was/wasn't magic/humans/whatever in those worlds.

They transform because of Donald's magic and plot.

That's it.

Donald's magic and plot.

Ven became small because the plot said so.

Donald's magic and plot.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Just like how when Nomura wanted to make a new enemy in KH2, he decided that 'Strong Hearted' people made Nobodies. You can try and explain things, but in reality it's all Nomura's playset, and he'll do whatever ​he wants. Just take it easy and enjoy the ride.

Patricier21

You don't need to explain anymore. You just need to understand that Sora and Donald and Goofy and whoever else decides to join them on their journey if the plot calls for it can transform into whatever the hell they want to because there are no rules to this. Sora changed into a lion and a merman and an undead-vampire-like whatever. That wasn't because there was/wasn't magic/humans/whatever in those worlds.

That's it.

Donald's magic and plot.

Donald's magic and plot.

Yes but the plot has to make sense in some way. You cannot just make things up as you go along. The mythology has to be believable and make sense in some logical form. Otherwise why did most people (even those who did not read the books) dislike the Eragon movie so much? Why was it considered "bad" to even non readers? To some it could be because of what they thought of as bad execution and ideas like how Sapphire just magically transformed from baby to adult. Its the same principle here. Like Nomura, the Eragon film makers just did what they wanted and look how that turned out to most. Same with some of the changes that they made to the Divergent and Percy Jackson movies, and I have seen quite a few of you complain so much about them for similar reasons

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yes but the plot has to make sense in some way.
Not in KH.
You cannot just make things up as you go along.
Well, Nomura does.
The mythology has to be believable and make sense in some logical form.
7 games into it, haven't you learned the lesson yet?

Like Nomura, the Eragon film makers just did what they wanted and look how that turned out to most. Same with some of the changes that they made to the Divergent and Percy Jackson movies, and I have seen quite a few of you complain so much about them for similar reasons

There's a difference between holding Nomura to a higher standard, and being realistic about the game you're going to get.

Castaras

That's it.

Donald's magic and plot.

Donald's magic and plot.

Ven? don’t you mean Sora?....

Wonderful

Awards
it isn't much of a case of 'making things up as you go along' when it was established in kh1 that donald's magic could transform their forms for the sake of the plot...

Songbird

Grrrr
it isn't much of a case of 'making things up as you go along' when it was established in kh1 that donald's magic could transform their forms for the sake of the plot...
But Nomura has literally done this. KH2 wasn't really meant to happen, and pre-planning for these games isn't really something they've had an abundance of. They literally just make it up as they go along. That's how the KH universe spins.

Muke

whatever
Awards
But Nomura has literally done this. KH2 wasn't really meant to happen, and pre-planning for these games isn't really something they've had an abundance of. They literally just make it up as they go along. That's how the KH universe spins.
Exactly. He already said so in many interviews. I actually have no problem with that, tbh. 8D

Wonderful

Awards
i'm not arguing that. i'm saying in this specific instance of form changing, that line of logic doesn't really apply as an argument since it is established from the very first game in the series that they change forms due to donald's magic for the sake of the plot. having them do it for monsters inc in kh3 wouldn't be a case of "making it up as they went" because it was already established as a thing the series does.

Muke

whatever
Awards
i'm not arguing that. i'm saying in this specific instance of form changing, that line of logic doesn't really apply as an argument since it is established from the very first game in the series that they change forms due to donald's magic for the sake of the plot. having them do it for monsters inc in kh3 wouldn't be a case of "making it up as they went" because it was already established as a thing the series does.
Also true. I don't even get the Problem right now, actually. It's literally how KH is. I'm sure Nomura does not even have any Ideas for the next Saga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back