• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If home is where the heart is,

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I'd have to say my favorite is the 3rd from the end. "Kiss Me I'll be your Prince" The color of that frog really makes the overall composition "POPS" (excuse the expression, it's just a little something we tend to use in class). Then again the dull background really adds to that, even so I love the overall idea.
I wanted to love the first picture but the blur of the butterflies right wing brings it down a peg. The hot and cool colors really help to highlight both the flower and the insect itself, it's just the blur that really takes me out of the whole experience.
The 3rd from the first I really don't like at all, but that's just a personal preference.
Overall you're pretty good, I'd like to see a lot more of your work.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
On Take Off, I was going for a sense of motion. It took me about a million tries to get it just right with just enough blur that the butterfly was still discernible but to show motion, and I was chasing butterflies for half an afternoon.

Third from the first?

I'm using a Nikon D40. Some comment on the photos would've been more helpful than just asking that though.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
On Take Off, I was going for a sense of motion. It took me about a million tries to get it just right with just enough blur that the butterfly was still discernible but to show motion, and I was chasing butterflies for half an afternoon.

Third from the first?

I'm using a Nikon D40. Some comment on the photos would've been more helpful than just asking that though.​

In that case you succeeded.

The pic with the shoes "A little Shy" i believe it's called.​

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
and I was chasing butterflies for half an afternoon.

lol cute.

No really though, your butterfly shots look great. I especially like "3-2-1. Take Off". The colors and contrast between the foreground and background are beautiful.

I also enjoyed "A little shy" (like everyone else lol). The lighting is great and the placement of the shoes really portrays a shy mood.

Great work!

Blue

home is where the heart is
They're all very nice.

But my personal favourites would have to be "3-2-1. Take Off" and "Face in a Flower". Veery pretty. <3

Awards
Maybe it's your camera, but regardless of the focus on the foreground the subjects in the picture seem a bit blurry. Does your camera have a low MP or focus settings?

A smaller aperture will fix that.

The only ones I like are Meet Me On The Playground and A Little Shy. The others seem a bit blurry, or just not well shot. Practice macro-esque shots a bit more

Overall, they're not bad. I little dull perhaps, but not bad. And work on the blurriness

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back