• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I need help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraskeyblader

Okay, I have, out of anger, yelled at my cousin- i called her bf a certain name.... now she wont let me near her son, I am very sorry for what I have done...... does any one have any Ideas for what I should do? Btw, it was a very insulting, racist word I used I am very sorry for have ever used it, please will you all forgive me? Thank you

Last edited:

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
hmm you're kinda screwed right now.....but it sounds like one of those things that takes time to pass i guess convince your cousin over the next couple of days that you're sorry and stuff....out of curiousity what'd you yell? if it's too personal, my bad don't bother then....

S

.Scarlet Letter.

You should apologize, and tell your cousin that you said it because [insert reason]. If he doesn't forgive you, accept it and wait for him to forgive you =/

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Why is this in intel?

Anyway, just try to work things out. It will take time, possibly a lot, but it will be worth it if you actually like your cousin.

*as everyone above said

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
It depends on what exactly you said. If I can ask, what did you say exactly? All of my cousins's are of the same ethnic background. We are all the same race. If it is a multi-racist comment, it might take a long time to forgive. :eek:

Girlygirl

soraskeyblader said:
Okay, I have, out of anger, yelled at my cousin- i called her bf a certain name.... now she wont let me near her son, I am very sorry for what I have done...... does any one have any Ideas for what I should do? Btw, it was a very insulting, racist word I used I am very sorry for have ever used it, please will you all forgive me. Thanke you
Just apologize and wait till she forgives you(might take a long time:rolleyes: ) what did you call her bf??? But basically Just wait.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
His cousin's boyfriend is black, and you all fail for not seeing that by now.

The best thing to do, is not only say your sorry, but prove it. Racism like that is not tolerated by anyone and that word is not something you should be going around saying.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
He does not have to be black- but a different nationality, yes. I got that part. There are many offensive words to people other than blacks. If you said something very bad, and very racist, I would not expect them to forgive you right away. That is racist, and it might take a bit longer than you expect. You can't just go up and say I am sorry to something bad. It takes time. Remember the old saying- "actions speak louder than words." :eek:

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
sealightbreeze said:
He does not have to be black- but a different nationality, yes. I got that part. There are many offensive words to people other than blacks. If you said something very bad, and very racist, I would not expect them to forgive you right away. That is racist, and it might take a bit longer than you expect. You can't just go up and say I am sorry to something bad. It takes time. Remember the old saying- "actions speak louder than words." :eek:

Oh hes Black. Its also quite easy to assume that the thread creator is white from the way he types, his signature and his nervousness(is that a word?).

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I tend to agree with you. It is hard when you insult someone because of the ehtnic backgrounds they have. It might take a long time to undo the dammage that you have already created. Yeah, that is a word :)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
ugh, i hate racism :( but ill try and help.
it may take some time, weeks, maybe months, but if they can see just how sincerely and truly sorry you are, they MIGHT consider forgiving you. you'll have to work hard to regain their trust and love.
everyone makes mistakes.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I agree, it was harsh to judge the person just by the way he acts/writes. But to help you with the problem soraskeyblader, it will probablt just take time to heal and forgive. It depends a lot too, on how close you and your cousin are. If something comes between you, and you fight, that is normal- family and friends do fight. It just takes time :)

dejah

:|
lesson one: respect your elders. even if they're assholes.

lesson two: never assume. it makes an ass of u and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back