• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I KNOW VEN'S REAL NAME

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie K

Back in Business
Who did you find out about the name? And yea Nomaru said the same voice actor.

Phalinx

No, his real name is Longer. It's explained in the TGS summary.

Mimiako

Ventus is already guessed by a lot of people, becuase Ventus in the same language as Terra came from. Terra means Land, and Ven, adding onto Ventus, means Wind or Sky. I believe the language is Latin.

Mimiako

Yep, it's Latin. Just checked, Ventus is most likely his full name beucase it does mean wind. Nomura did state their names had a lot to do with it, so when mentioning his full name is not Ven, maybe he wanted fans to figure out themselves his full name means Wind to compare him to Sora.

Charlie K

Back in Business
I well whatever his REAL name is I'll probablly still refer to him as Ven. Lol.

D

Deleted member 36435

Um, his full name is Ven? Since, thats what Nomura calles him.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
His full name is VENTUS. Nomura himself said Ven was just a nickname and yes, the language is Latin.

riku in the dawn

Ventus is to short.
I think one of the scans might have his name there or more of a hint to it, but (a) I dont speak jap. and (b) if anyone is deciphering them, then hurry up plz lol

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Nomura said his actual name isn't "Ven" and that it is longer, meaning that Ven is actually a nickname given to him by Terra. What is Ven a nickname of, that when lengthened still means "Sky/Wind"? Ventus, which is the latin word for Sky/Wind.

"Ven" is his nickname given to him by Terra, and a shortened version of the word "Ventus" which is his full name.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ventus is to short.
I think one of the scans might have his name there or more of a hint to it, but (a) I dont speak jap. and (b) if anyone is deciphering them, then hurry up plz lol

Why is Ventus too short? Plus, Ventus means wind in Latin and Nomura stated that the meanings of the character's names play a key part in BBS.

Marluxia #11

His name is Ventus. Nomura said that VEn's name was " a little bit longer'. Ventus is a little bit longer. Plus, Ventus means Wind in Latin. Nomura didnt mean a little bit longer as in Venalslsodnxehanortfdfdbfbdhmansexkairidelavaliel. LAlthough I hope someone else voices Ven. I hate Jesse as a voice actor. he is too whiney.

riku in the dawn

Why is Ventus too short? Plus, Ventus means wind in Latin and Nomura stated that the meanings of the character's names play a key part in BBS.

Cause its longer, -tus dosen't make it that extreme longer. I mean it could just be Ventus, but if Nomura is saying its longer im expecting something like Ven_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _...fill in the gaps with imagination. But yeah maybe it is just Ventus. I think Ven sounds pretty sick though lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, I mean it could be longer than Ventus, but I kinda doubt it. You never know though.:closedeyes:

dragoon979

you know he could have a name that dosnt have ven in it because ppl sometimes do that thay have a nickname that is completely different from their real name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back