• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I found something interesting... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
on this website called playminigames.net (I don't know how to do links) I found, well I should explain how I found the site in the first place, I was looking for an old computer game I hadn't played in a long time, like around 2002 a long time, the game I was looking for was called DX BALL, I found it along with some other games, mostly Sega to Ps1, and I got curious, so I searched (just for fun) to see if they had any Kingdom Hearts games on there, they had one but it's fan made, the game is called Kingdom Hearts1975: Rebirth Days, I'm not kidding, I think the Idea is that it's supposed to take place during 358, but you play as Riku, and the style is that of the original version of COM (minus the cards), what are your thoughts?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm sure there's a few fan games floating out there. I used to participate in the making of one in fact. Told the others they were fools for trying to make a fully 3D game with more worlds and playable characters than any official game that had a full professional team behind it. Sure enough the project fell apart with nothing ever coming with it.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm sure there's a few fan games floating out there.
no doubt.
I used to participate in the making of one in fact. Told the others they were fools for trying to make a fully 3D game with more worlds and playable characters than any official game that had a full professional team behind it. Sure enough the project fell apart with nothing ever coming with it.
I agree, the assets needed for such a game are kind of impossible without a company backing it, but for the game I found it was alright, kind of on the simple side, but that's okay, sometime simplicity is best, of course it doesn't have a story, that's the only downside.

LoneFox

Awards
the assets needed for such a game are kind of impossible without a company backing it
Trying to make everything yourself is almost certainly a doomed effort, but it can be done by using existing resources in a creative way, both stuff from the original game(s) and what is available from the community. Total conversions for classic FPS games are typically made this way, and some of them are better than most commercial games of the same genre. Examples include The AMC Squad, WGRealms, Ashes 2063, and Dynamite Duchess.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Trying to make everything yourself is almost certainly a doomed effort, but it can be done by using existing resources in a creative way, both stuff from the original game(s) and what is available from the community. Total conversions for classic FPS games are typically made this way, and some of them are better than most commercial games of the same genre. Examples include The AMC Squad, WGRealms, Ashes 2063, and Dynamite Duchess.
fair enough

Back